604-730-5039

1505 W 1st Ave ( )

Vancouver, BC V6J

Neighborhoods: Fairview

View Hours
Description: Go Fish is a Fish and Chips, Seafood, and Fast Food restaurant where most Menuism users paid between $10 and $25.
Tags: Fish and Chips, Seafood, Shack, Fisherman'S Wharf, Takeout, Granville Island, Outdoor seating, and Fast Food
  • 4 dishes entered by diners at Go Fish
  • 2 users want to eat at Go Fish

Reviews for Go Fish

QB

Editorial Review by Gayot »

4.0

ALMOST 5 Stars!

The first time I visited Vancouver I ate at Go Fish and it was so good that I had to keep visiting Vancouver! (Not that Vancouver isn’t worthy enough by itself!)

Let me start with the bad … or rather the not so good. (NOTHING about Go Fish is “bad”) I can’t rate it 5 stars because the fish and chips is not always excellent. The last time I had it it was just not as good as the times before. Maybe it was just an off day but I have heard others talk of the inconsistency of the fish and chips … BUT even their “just ok” is really good.

I hardly get the F&C there anymore anyway because their fish tacos, scallop sandwiches, soups etc. etc. are SO GOOD!! (Seriously, it is an OMG moment!) If I lived in Vancouver I would eat there every other day!! Just thinking about it now is making me want to plan another trip. Go Fish is one of the BEST places I have ever eaten in my entire life.

It is true that tables are scarse, but since I dine alone I have shared my table with strangers a few times. (That’s how they do it in Europe!) Also, there is bench seating around the area. No worries, you’ll find a place to sit.

Salmon Tacone

You get 2 with coleslaw … OMG good!!!

Oyster Tacone

AMAZING!

Soup

The Coconut Curry is out of this world!

I Love It!!

This place is awesome! We love it and go there regularly. It’s a no frills, down to earth, eat out in the open air of Fisherman’s Wharf super fresh fish and chips and seafood place. Cheap, super tastey and quick. Unless of course you visit during lunch or dinner hours on a nice day, then be prepared for a line up.

The menu of tacones vary depending on what the catch of the day is. We had oyster, tuna, salmon and they’re all super tastey and served with an asian inspired slaw. The scallop sandwich when it’s available is to die for. One of the ladies that work there describes it as “heaven on a bun”… she’s right!

Summary: Fresh seasonal seafood menu, creative tacones and sandwiches, great value and never disappoints!

Oyster Tacone

It’s not a really a taco, but it’s close to a soft shell taco and it is awesome! Oysters are super fresh and cooked just right.

Salmon Tacone

Just as good as the the oyster tacone!

Scallop Sandwich

Scallops on a bun. I’ve had it dressed with onion rings as well as spicy soy, both are absolutely sublime. Super fresh scallops cooked just right.

People found this by searching for: Go Fish Vancouver Menu, Menu Go Fish Vancouver, Go Fish Menu Vancouver, Go Fish Vancouver, Go Fish Vancouver Bc Menu, Menu At Go Fish Vancouver, Go Fish Restaurant Vancouver Menu, Go Fish Restaurant Vancouver, and Go Fish Vancouver Restaurant Menu.

West Restaurant
Gotham Steakhouse
Cravings Bistro
Fable Kitchen
Ten Ten Tapas

Link to Go Fish

Go Fish  Restaurant Reviews

Pros
  •  "It is a OMG type meal!! The best fish n chips (and other fishy delights) that you will EVERY have. Can't go wrong with anything on the menu."
Cons
  •  "Lines can be long and seating limited"
Comments
  •  "Just go!!!"