678-947-8681

2300 Bethelview Rd ( )

Cumming, GA 30040-9475

Description: Golden Palace is a Chinese, Asian, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go and paid between $25 and $50.
Tags: Chinese, Asian, Good For Kids, Takeout, Delivery, Good for groups, Parking, and Lunch
  • 249 dishes entered by diners at Golden Palace

Reviews for Golden Palace

Golden Palace

Was up all night sick...definitiely food related

We’ve been searching for a decent Chinese restaurant in the Cumming area, and am still disappointed. The food menu at Golden Palace is so-so, pretty standard stuff, not much of it too imaginative.

Worst of all, however, was the several hours I spent last night wretching over the toilet bowl. I’m a healthcare professional, so I know what symptoms mirror food-related illnesses. I had a suspicion when I tasted the dumplings and ribs, and several hours later my suspicions were confirmed.

What a horrible way to spend an evening. I threw out all the leftovers the next morning, never wanting to again experience that feeling.

I checked their Food Score Rating on Forsyth County’s healthcare website www.fchd.us and they received a 94 rating in May 2010, which was up from their previous score of 86. Some of the things that the health inspector checked off in their review of the restaurant indicated they were “not observed” and, in my opinion, some of those things could very well have been the culprit for the food poisoning.

Recommendation: try Yuan Li on Browns Bridge Road just east of Hwy 400 (exit 17.) The food tastes better, and it hasn’t made me sick. It too is pretty generic stuff, but I found it more palatable.

Dumplings Appetizer, Wonton soup, Egg rolls, BBQ ribs, LoMein

Dumplings had a funny taste to them.
Wonton soup tasted like dishwater.
Eggrolls were dry, as were the BBQ Ribs.
Threw out the Lo Mein, didn’t even try it.

4.0

Decent Food

When we moved from Norcross a few years ago, our main problem was lack of decent restaurants after having anything we wanted within five miles of our house. It took a while, but eventually we found a few good places. In time, Cumming has added several really good places, too, but Golden Palace remains the best Chinese in the area. The friendly (most of the time) staff serve consistently good food. Not very creative or fancy, just good basic Chinese food. Significant other’s favorite is the Cashew Chicken, while I prefer either the Chicken with Roast Veggies or Mongolian Chicken. Whatever you get, it’s a pretty safe bet it will be good food. Probably the worst problem we’ve had here was a couple of times we had a waiter who spoke ZERO English. It was a challenge getting him to understand what we wanted, but everything worked out okay.

July 6, 2010

Good food and plenty of it

We had takeout for 4 people (2 orders we shared) which was\r the Phenix and dragon. It was the best I can remember in a long time. The hostes was very nice and friendly and the place was very well decorated and pleasant.\r We thought theā€¦

January 2, 2010

Golden Palace is sucks

I am a Chinese. This restaurant got complain that their Mexican worker didn't wash their hand after the restroom. I heard this from my friend's colleague. Food is medium rate, but boss is not too friendly.

People found this by searching for: Golden Palace, Cumming, Ga, Chinese Restaurant Off 20 And Bethelview, Golden Palace Cumming, Ga, Golden Palace Cumming Ga, Golden Palace Cumming Ga Menu, Golden Palace Bethelview Rd, Golden Palace Cumming, and Chinese Restaurant Bethelview Cumming Ga.

Thai Life Floating Restaurant

7d693d1f1407329ba0339486a45ec8d6

Nearby Restaurants

Link to Golden Palace

Golden Palace  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  83%  Food:  77%  Service:  66%  Ambiance:  77%
Pros
  •  "Prices very high compared to other Chinese restaurants in the area. Very thing in extra from the entree. Small portions and I once asked for ambit extra rice and they wanted to charge extra. I'd spent 60.00 for 2 people and they wanted to charge for a"
Cons
  •  "Interaction with customers and friendliness. They act as if they do not care if you return"