Golden Palace

2300 Bethelview Rd
Cumming, GA 30040-9475

Cuisine: Chinese, Asian, Lunch

Golden Palace is a Chinese, Asian, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go and paid between $25 and $50.

Overall
Pros
"Quick and good."
"Good fast service"
"This was my first and last visit. Today I went in for a plate for my child I ask the man if they had a childs plate I had to ask again then he answered the lunch was big enough for a child so I started to ordered and he turned around and made a phone c"
"Prices very high compared to other Chinese restaurants in the area. Very thing in extra from the entree. Small portions and I once asked for ambit extra rice and they wanted to charge extra. I'd spent 60.00 for 2 people and they wanted to charge for a"
Cons
"Interaction with customers and friendliness. They act as if they do not care if you return"
Qwizwizard photo

Qwizwizard

Cumming, GA
Golden Palace 1.0

Was up all night sick...definitiely food related

We’ve been searching for a decent Chinese restaurant in the Cumming area, and am still disappointed. The food menu at Golden Palace is so-so, pretty standard stuff, not much of it too imaginative.

Worst of all, however, was the several hours I spent last night wretching over the toilet bowl. I’m a healthcare professional, so I know what symptoms mirror food-related illnesses. I had a suspicion when I tasted the dumplings and ribs, and several hours later my suspicions were confirmed.

What a horrible way to spend an evening. I threw out all the leftovers the next morning, never wanting to again experience that feeling.

I checked their Food Score Rating on Forsyth County’s healthcare website www.fchd.us and they received a 94 rating in May 2010, which was up from their previous score of 86. Some of the things that the health inspector checked off in their review of the restaurant indicated they were “not observed” and, in my opinion, some of those things could very well have been the culprit for the food poisoning.

Recommendation: try Yuan Li on Browns Bridge Road just east of Hwy 400 (exit 17.) The food tastes better, and it hasn’t made me sick. It too is pretty generic stuff, but I found it more palatable.

Dumplings Appetizer, Wonton soup, Egg rolls, BBQ ribs, LoMein

Dumplings had a funny taste to them.
Wonton soup tasted like dishwater.
Eggrolls were dry, as were the BBQ Ribs.
Threw out the Lo Mein, didn’t even try it.

Cumming_Diner photo

Cumming_Diner

Cumming, GA
Golden Palace 4.0

Decent Food

When we moved from Norcross a few years ago, our main problem was lack of decent restaurants after having anything we wanted within five miles of our house. It took a while, but eventually we found a few good places. In time, Cumming has added several really good places, too, but Golden Palace remains the best Chinese in the area. The friendly (most of the time) staff serve consistently good food. Not very creative or fancy, just good basic Chinese food. Significant other’s favorite is the Cashew Chicken, while I prefer either the Chicken with Roast Veggies or Mongolian Chicken. Whatever you get, it’s a pretty safe bet it will be good food. Probably the worst problem we’ve had here was a couple of times we had a waiter who spoke ZERO English. It was a challenge getting him to understand what we wanted, but everything worked out okay.

Chinese Asian Good For Kids

Golden Palace  Restaurant Reviews

• 05/07/2013 - A diner from Cumming, GA tried it and didn't like it.
  • 07/13/2013 - A diner from Mc Intosh, AL tried it and rated it 1 star.
  • 11/08/2013 - A diner from Cumming, GA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/09/2013 - A diner from Cumming, GA tried it.
  • 11/17/2013 - A diner from Cumming, GA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/23/2013 - A diner from Atlanta, GA tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 12/03/2013 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 12/25/2013 - A diner from Atlanta, GA tried it, liked it, and rated it 2 stars. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 12/31/2013 - A diner tried it.
  • 01/03/2014 - A diner from Cumming, GA tried it.
  • 01/03/2014 - A diner from Powder Springs, GA tried it.
  • 01/04/2014 - A diner from Norcross, GA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 01/13/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 01/15/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 02/26/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 03/12/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.
  • 03/29/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 2 stars. They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Prices very high compared to other Chinese restaurants in the area. Very thing in extra from the entree. Small portions and I once asked for ambit extra rice and they wanted to charge extra. I'd spent 60.00 for 2 people and they wanted to charge for a'
    Cons: 'Interaction with customers and friendliness. They act as if they do not care if you return'
  • 04/08/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Pros: 'This was my first and last visit. Today I went in for a plate for my child I ask the man if they had a childs plate I had to ask again then he answered the lunch was big enough for a child so I started to ordered and he turned around and made a phone c'
  • 04/19/2014 - A diner from Saint Petersburg, FL tried it.
  • 05/07/2014 - A diner tried it.
  • 05/10/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 05/21/2014 - A diner from Saint Petersburg, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 06/19/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 2 stars. They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 06/29/2014 - A diner from Saint Petersburg, FL tried it.
  • 08/06/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 08/16/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.
  • 08/27/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/16/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 12/07/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 12/13/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Good fast service'
  • 12/16/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 02/21/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 03/05/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 03/24/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 04/12/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 05/25/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 06/04/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.
People found this by searching for: Garden Palace In Cumming, Golden Palace Bethelview Rd, Golden Palace, Cumming, Ga, Golden Palace Cumming Ga, Golden Palace Cumming, Golden Palace Cumming Ga Menu, Golden Palace Menu, Golden Palace Restaurant Menu In Cumming Ga, and Golden Palace Cumming, Ga.