734-482-7600

421 W Cross St ( )

Ypsilanti, MI 48197-2404

Description: Golden Wall is a Chinese, Vegetarian, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Chinese, Delivery, Vegetarian, Lunch, Parking, Breakfast, Vegan, Catering, Vietnamese, and Cafe
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at Golden Wall

Reviews for Golden Wall

• 6 reviews
  • First reviewed by miradee

Love it

I love Golden Wall! They have the best vegetarian Chinese I’ve ever tasted, and the most options. My husband eats meat, and said it’s just so-so. Not bad, but not his favorite. I’ve never tried the real meat but the vegetarian stuff is amazing. Also the staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

Golden Wall

Great food and friendly staff

I really love their sweet and sour chicken. it is the only restaurant that I found that has the sunkist orange color of sweet and sour sauce. The staff are friendly and the two girls who works there are talkative and fun to chat with.
Love the food and the people! I highly recommend it!!!

We LOVE Golden Wall

I would for sure give Golden Wall 5 stars. We eat Golden Wall (Delivery) twice a week. We discovered Golden Wall back in June and ever since have only went here for our Chinese food. We have eaten MANY menu items. Plus this place is the only place I know of in the area that has sizzling rice soup (which is wonderful and a peace of heaven). The service is great and the people are very nice. They have great prices also. This is the best chinese in the area BY FAR. Because we frequent Golden wall and eat a variety of the menu items I think we can fairly say they are fantastic!!!

Best Chinese in Ypsi

I got hooked on this place when I was in college and now everyone I know orders from them. If someone who lives in Ann Arbor comes over I know we are getting Golden Wall! It’s delicious, cheap, quick, good for vegetarians too.

Curry Tofu

Delicious.

Add/Show Comments (1)

-1 2

The WORST Chinese in an area of pretty bad Chinese!

I had gotten food here twice about 4 years ago when I first arrived in the area. Edible, but that was it. The wide selection drew me back about a month ago. I ordered by phone and my husband went to pick it up. It was HORRIFIC, bad enough that he drove back with it for a refund. The wings were TINY, game hens have larger wings, and the grease was dripping off them. I don’t even remember the rest of the order, but one dish looked worse than the next. They also refused to refund money, but my husband would not leave and told them he would stay there and tell every person that walked in and show them the food until he got his money back. Needless to say they gave in and refunded all our money. It was so bad it turned me off to Chinese food for a long time. NEVER again.

Chicken wings

Tiny, greasy, small order

Add/Show Comments (2)

-1 2

Unsanitary & Rude

My girlfriend and I recently ordered from Golden Wall and were horrified when we found hair cooked into the chicken. The hair hadn’t just fallen onto the food but was BAKED into it. I immediately took the meal, as well as my girlfriend’s meal, back to the restaurant to get a refund but they refused. They told me that they couldn’t give me my money back but that they would remake my meal, WHY the hell would I want another meal from that place. They finally offered (after 10 minutes of arguing) to refund my meal but not my girlfriend’s meal. Of course she didn’t want her meal after i had found hair in mine. They even said that hair ends up in food all the time and it “wasn’t a big deal”. They were rude throughout the whole ordeal and when they attempted to refund my money they ended up charging my card two extra times, I had to call my bank in order to get it situated. This place is disgusting and I felt like crap afterwards. in short, it’s unsanitary and I suggest staying far away from Golden Wall.

Add/Show Comments (2)

People found this by searching for: Golden Wall Ypsilanti, Golden Wall Ypsilanti Mi, Golden Wall, Golden Wall Ypsilanti Menu, Golden Wall Ypsi, Golden Wall Ypsilanti Mi Menu, and Golden Wall Chinese Ypsilanti.

Mr Pizza
Lai Lai Restaurant
Hidden Dragon Chinese Restaurant
American Eagle
Cottage Inn Pizza

Link to Golden Wall

Golden Wall  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  96%  Food:  100%  Service:  90%  Ambiance:  65%
Pros
  •  "Great beef and broccoli! And they will make my fried rice with no onions for me."
  •  "Good food clean inside "
  •  "The food is amazing and great price too!"
Cons
  •  "I would really like to see egg rolls with bean sprouts, not cabbage, on the menu. "
  •  "Can't think of any"
  •  "Ambience is definitely lacking but my taste buds don't care, I get take out most times anyway!"
Comments
  •  "The dining room could use some remodeling, but the food is great."
  •  "If you're a big fan of sweeter general tso's chicken then you should get the sesame chicken instead, it's much better!"