Golden Wall

421 W Cross St
Ypsilanti, MI 48197-2404

Cuisine: Chinese, Vegetarian, Lunch

Golden Wall is a Chinese, Vegetarian, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Great lunch specials"
"Good food at a good price"
"Great beef and broccoli! And they will make my fried rice with no onions for me."
"Good food clean inside "
"The food is amazing and great price too!"
Cons
"Dingy dinning area."
"I only get takeout. Dining room needs serious update"
"I would really like to see egg rolls with bean sprouts, not cabbage, on the menu. "
"Can't think of any"
"Ambience is definitely lacking but my taste buds don't care, I get take out most times anyway!"
Comments
"Good vegan and vegetarian options."
"The dining room could use some remodeling, but the food is great."
"If you're a big fan of sweeter general tso's chicken then you should get the sesame chicken instead, it's much better!"
emwilb photo

emwilb

Love it

I love Golden Wall! They have the best vegetarian Chinese I’ve ever tasted, and the most options. My husband eats meat, and said it’s just so-so. Not bad, but not his favorite. I’ve never tried the real meat but the vegetarian stuff is amazing. Also the staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

Fatebeliever704 photo

Fatebeliever704

Ann Arbor, MI
Golden Wall 5.0

Great food and friendly staff

I really love their sweet and sour chicken. it is the only restaurant that I found that has the sunkist orange color of sweet and sour sauce. The staff are friendly and the two girls who works there are talkative and fun to chat with.
Love the food and the people! I highly recommend it!!!

dawnh2 photo

dawnh2

We LOVE Golden Wall

I would for sure give Golden Wall 5 stars. We eat Golden Wall (Delivery) twice a week. We discovered Golden Wall back in June and ever since have only went here for our Chinese food. We have eaten MANY menu items. Plus this place is the only place I know of in the area that has sizzling rice soup (which is wonderful and a peace of heaven). The service is great and the people are very nice. They have great prices also. This is the best chinese in the area BY FAR. Because we frequent Golden wall and eat a variety of the menu items I think we can fairly say they are fantastic!!!

miradee photo

miradee

Best Chinese in Ypsi

I got hooked on this place when I was in college and now everyone I know orders from them. If someone who lives in Ann Arbor comes over I know we are getting Golden Wall! It’s delicious, cheap, quick, good for vegetarians too.

Curry Tofu

Delicious.

lovetoexplore photo

lovetoexplore

Golden Wall 1.0

The WORST Chinese in an area of pretty bad Chinese!

I had gotten food here twice about 4 years ago when I first arrived in the area. Edible, but that was it. The wide selection drew me back about a month ago. I ordered by phone and my husband went to pick it up. It was HORRIFIC, bad enough that he drove back with it for a refund. The wings were TINY, game hens have larger wings, and the grease was dripping off them. I don’t even remember the rest of the order, but one dish looked worse than the next. They also refused to refund money, but my husband would not leave and told them he would stay there and tell every person that walked in and show them the food until he got his money back. Needless to say they gave in and refunded all our money. It was so bad it turned me off to Chinese food for a long time. NEVER again.

Chicken wings

Tiny, greasy, small order

vmgsky photo

vmgsky

Golden Wall 1.0

Unsanitary & Rude

My girlfriend and I recently ordered from Golden Wall and were horrified when we found hair cooked into the chicken. The hair hadn’t just fallen onto the food but was BAKED into it. I immediately took the meal, as well as my girlfriend’s meal, back to the restaurant to get a refund but they refused. They told me that they couldn’t give me my money back but that they would remake my meal, WHY the hell would I want another meal from that place. They finally offered (after 10 minutes of arguing) to refund my meal but not my girlfriend’s meal. Of course she didn’t want her meal after i had found hair in mine. They even said that hair ends up in food all the time and it “wasn’t a big deal”. They were rude throughout the whole ordeal and when they attempted to refund my money they ended up charging my card two extra times, I had to call my bank in order to get it situated. This place is disgusting and I felt like crap afterwards. in short, it’s unsanitary and I suggest staying far away from Golden Wall.

Chinese Delivery Vegetarian

Golden Wall  Restaurant Reviews

• 04/05/2013 - A diner from Northville, MI tried it.
  • 04/13/2013 - A diner from Ypsilanti, MI tried it and liked it.
  • 04/13/2013 - A diner from Macomb, MI tried it and liked it.
  • 04/23/2013 - A diner from Baton Rouge, LA tried it.
  • 04/29/2013 - A diner from Ypsilanti, MI tried it and liked it.
  • 05/07/2013 - A diner from Baltimore, MD tried it and liked it.
  • 05/12/2013 - A diner from Ann Arbor, MI tried it.
  • 06/01/2013 - A diner from Ypsilanti, MI tried it and liked it.
  • 06/20/2013 - A diner from Northville, MI tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 07/01/2013 - A diner from Northville, MI tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 07/10/2013 - A diner tried it and rated it 5 stars.
  • 07/28/2013 - A diner from Ypsilanti, MI tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
  • 08/03/2013 - A diner from Northville, MI tried it.
  • 08/16/2013 - A diner from Ypsilanti, MI tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 08/18/2013 - A diner from Ypsilanti, MI tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
  • 08/21/2013 - A diner from Ypsilanti, MI tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
  • 09/05/2013 - A diner from Ypsilanti, MI tried it.
  • 09/13/2013 - A diner from Ypsilanti, MI tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
  • 09/23/2013 - A diner from Ypsilanti, MI tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
  • 09/25/2013 - A diner from Ypsilanti, MI tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 10/14/2013 - A diner from Marion, MI tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Pros: 'The food is amazing and great price too!'
    Cons: 'Ambience is definitely lacking but my taste buds don't care, I get take out most times anyway!'
    Comments: 'If you're a big fan of sweeter general tso's chicken then you should get the sesame chicken instead, it's much better!'
  • 10/27/2013 - A diner from Bloomfield Hills, MI tried it.
  • 10/30/2013 - A diner from Grand Rapids, MI tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/30/2013 - A diner tried it.
  • 12/13/2013 - A diner from Ypsilanti, MI tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 12/18/2013 - A diner tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.
  • 12/21/2013 - A diner from Ypsilanti, MI tried it.
  • 12/29/2013 - A diner from Ypsilanti, MI tried it.
  • 01/29/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 01/31/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
  • 02/08/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 02/14/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Good food clean inside '
    Cons: 'Can't think of any'
  • 02/21/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 03/08/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 03/28/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 03/30/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 05/03/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 06/16/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 2 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 06/18/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 06/22/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 07/02/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 07/27/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 07/31/2014 - A diner from New York, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 08/09/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.
  • 08/26/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 09/20/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 09/20/2014 - A diner from New York, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 10/05/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/06/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/21/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 12/05/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 12/23/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Good food at a good price'
    Cons: 'I only get takeout. Dining room needs serious update'
  • 12/24/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 01/07/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
  • 01/23/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 01/27/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and didn't like it.
  • 02/01/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 02/04/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 02/19/2015 - A diner tried it.
  • 02/26/2015 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Great lunch specials'
    Cons: 'Dingy dinning area.'
    Comments: 'Good vegan and vegetarian options.'
  • 03/01/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 03/02/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 2 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/13/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 05/13/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They didn't like the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 05/28/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 07/07/2015 - A diner from Ypsilanti, MI tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 07/08/2015 - A diner from Mountain View, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
  • 07/17/2015 - A diner from Ypsilanti, MI tried it.
People found this by searching for: Golden Wall Chinese Ypsilanti, Golden Wall Ypsilanti Menu, Golden Wall Ypsilanti, Mi, Golden Wall Ypsilanti, Golden Wall Ypsilanti Menu Videos, Golden Wall Ypsilanti Mi, Golden Wall Ypsi, Golden Wall Chinese Restaurant Ypsilanti, and Golden Wall.