916-457-1155

3839 J St ( )

Sacramento, CA 95816-5520

Neighborhoods: East Sacramento

Tags: Mediterranean restaurant, Gonuls Restaurant, American, Parking, Takeout, Breakfast, Delivery, Lunch, Dinner, and Mediterranean
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at Gonul's J Street Cafe
  • 1 user wants to eat at Gonul's J Street Cafe
Tips:
  • Primarily, street parking is the way to go, but there are a few parking spots in the back of the cafe.
  • The kitchen closes daily from 2pm to 5pm. You can still order pizzas and salads during these hours.

Reviews for Gonul's J Street Cafe

• 4 reviews
  • First reviewed by musteat

Best mediterranean restaurant in Sacramento

Nothing fancy but I like the food here. The quality is good and the preparation and presentation are well done. The service is good and always polite. You get the feeling that they really appreciate your business. If you want to have a good meal in a relaxed atmosphere with good service you must try this place.

Cherie

Stuffed Chiken

A dish to die for it… sun dried apricots, dates and rasins were adding natural sweetness and richness with touch of spices, goat chees had made well balanced mediterranean dish over all.

Friendly, Tasty, and Unusual

I really like this café. I read a number of reviews of it before going to eat there, and they were so mixed that I had no idea what the experience would be like. Then I noticed that all the negative reviews were dated before May of 2008, and all the reviews with later dates were positive, so I inferred that the quality of the food and service had probably improved immensely since those early reviews were written.

Anyway, I went for lunch. The later reviews were accurate. This is a really nice café, with an interesting menu and a pleasant casual ambiance. I met Gonul, and found her both charming and strongly committed to making her café the best it can be.

For lunch I had a Turkish version of Paella, the well-known Spanish seafood stew. It was delicious. With it I had glass of a Turkish white wine that the server recommended. It was tangy, fruity, and a perfect compliment to my lunch entrée.

I was sorry not to be a dessert eater or coffee drinker. The dessert menu is very enticing, and Gonul offers a nice variety of coffee drinks.

I’m going back soon, and often.

Turkish Paella

Add/Show Comments (1)

January 16, 2009

Friendly, Tasty, and Unusual

I really like this cafe. I read a number of reviews of it before going to eat there, and they were so mixed that I had no idea what the experience would be like. Then I noticed that all the negative reviews were dated before May of 2008,…

January 16, 2009

Friendly, Unusual, and Delightful

Gonul's J Street Cafe is located near the cities of Broderick, West Sacramento, Bryte, Arden Arcade, and Mc Clellan.
People found this by searching for: Gonul Restaurant Sacramento, Gonul Restaurant In Sacramento, Gonul's J Street Cafe, J Street Cafe Sacramento Menu, Gonul's J Street Cafe Menu, Gonul's Restaurant Sacramento, and Gonuls Sacramento.

Featured in Sacramento