Gonul's J Street Cafe

Cuisine: American, Breakfast, Lunch

musteat photo

Sacramento, CA

Best mediterranean restaurant in Sacramento

Nothing fancy but I like the food here. The quality is good and the preparation and presentation are well done. The service is good and always polite. You get the feeling that they really appreciate your business. If you want to have a good meal in a relaxed atmosphere with good service you must try this place.

Stuffed Chiken

A dish to die for it… sun dried apricots, dates and rasins were adding natural sweetness and richness with touch of spices, goat chees had made well balanced mediterranean dish over all.

Connoisseur photo

Sacramento, CA

Friendly, Tasty, and Unusual

I really like this café. I read a number of reviews of it before going to eat there, and they were so mixed that I had no idea what the experience would be like. Then I noticed that all the negative reviews were dated before May of 2008, and all the reviews with later dates were positive, so I inferred that the quality of the food and service had probably improved immensely since those early reviews were written.

Anyway, I went for lunch. The later reviews were accurate. This is a really nice café, with an interesting menu and a pleasant casual ambiance. I met Gonul, and found her both charming and strongly committed to making her café the best it can be.

For lunch I had a Turkish version of Paella, the well-known Spanish seafood stew. It was delicious. With it I had glass of a Turkish white wine that the server recommended. It was tangy, fruity, and a perfect compliment to my lunch entrée.

I was sorry not to be a dessert eater or coffee drinker. The dessert menu is very enticing, and Gonul offers a nice variety of coffee drinks.

I’m going back soon, and often.

Turkish Paella

Mediterranean restaurant Gonuls Restaurant American

Gonul's J Street Cafe  Restaurant Reviews

Gonul's J Street Cafe is located near the cities of Broderick, West Sacramento, Bryte, Arden Arcade, and Mc Clellan.
People found this by searching for: Gonul Restaurant In Sacramento, Gonul Restaurant Sacramento, Gonul's J Street Cafe, Gonul's Restaurant Sacramento, J Street Cafe Sacramento Menu, "J Street" Restaurant, Gonul's J Street Cafe Menu, Gonul's J Street Cafe Sacramento, and Gonuls Sacramento.