Governor's Restaurant

Cuisine: Diner, Frozen Yogurt, Chinese

"Service, food choice, portion size, flavor"
"Sometimes cold to sit and eat and relax."
Megster11187 photo

Pittsburgh, PA

Local Lewiston Appeal

This is a favorite of my boyfriend and his parents. He’s taken me nearly every time I’ve gone to visit him in his hometown in Lewiston, Maine.

It is quaint and diner-style. It would not be a choice location for a nice meal, but really great for breakfast and brunch. I’ve usually gone in sweats! It is also a fantastic bakery, and you can stop in to pick up fresh-baked muffins and breads to take home.

To add to the local and cosy feel, there is a toy train that runs around the ceiling of the restaurant. And, be prepared to fill up on the majority of your calories for the day :) Worth it, every once in a while!

Great for french toast (especially the banana bread version) and my boyfriend loves the “The Capital” – huge plate with 2 eggs, 3 pieces of bacon or sausage, potatoes, and toast, for only $6. And, the cinnamon rolls, which are home-made are truly amazing – they are about the size of a small dinner plate, served warm, and are nice and gooey. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it!

In an effort to stay somewhat “healthy”, when not indulging on sweets, I usually opt for the over-sized omelets (can get egg beaters instead of eggs) or oatmeal, fruit, and biscuits (ask for them grilled!)

I personally have not eaten here for lunch or dinner – most of the fish (I’m a vegetarian) is fried which is not my choice preparation – lots of broiled fish cooked in butter and crispy seafood, which I’m sure is appealing to some!

I’ve heard good things about the burgers and sandwiches, notably the Reuben, and the desserts are PHENOMENAL. They serve Gifford’s ice cream, a regional favorite amongst the Mainers.

A couple words of warning – they have been known to run out of breakfast foods later in the day (especially oatmeal and biscuits), and since it is frequented by a much older and local crowd, the service is usually pretty slow. It is quite cheap, though, so it’s a nice break for the wallet.

It has lots of “Maine” seafood, but I would say it is pretty generic as far as diner/breakfast places go…although, it holds a very special place in my heart! I have such great memories from eating here – it’s worth the trip if you’re looking for huge, delicious portions at a great price!

Banana Bread French Toast

Delicious! Not too eggy or soggy, and the banana really adds phenomenal flavor. A bit too sugary for my taste – in the future, I’ll order it without the powdered sugar on top!

Cinnamon Roll at Governor's Restaurant

Cinnamon Roll

Without sounding too over-the-top, this is probably the best cinnamon roll I’ve ever had. It was huge, and I was unable to finish the entire thing, even with help! They are fresh-baked at the restaurant, are served warm, and don’t have too much frosting on them. Really sweet but really delicious!

Diner Frozen Yogurt Dinner
Fri-Sat 06:30AM - 10:00PM
Sun-Thu 06:30AM - 09:00PM

Governor's Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

• 08/12/2013 - A diner from Baldwinsville, NY tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.
  • 11/22/2013 - A diner from Dayville, CT tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Service, food choice, portion size, flavor'
    Cons: 'Sometimes cold to sit and eat and relax.'
  • 06/01/2014 - A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it.
  • 02/17/2015 - A diner from Franklin, MA tried it.
Governor's Restaurant is located near the cities of Auburn.
People found this by searching for: Governor's Restaurant Lewiston Maine, Governors Restaurant Lewiston Maine, Governor's Restaurant Nutrition, Governor's Restaurant Nutrition Information, Coupons For Governor's Restaurant, Lewiston, Maine, Governor's Restaurant, Governor's Restaurant Nutritional Information, and Governors Lewiston.