816-389-2900

600 Ward Parkway ( )

Kansas City, MO 64112

Neighborhoods: Country Club Plaza

Description: Gram & Dun is a American and Gastro Pub restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Plaza, American, Brookside, OpenTable, Reservations, Gastro Pub, Gram And Dunn, and Great food
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at Gram & Dun
  • 1 user wants to eat at Gram & Dun

From OpenTable:

Gram & Dun is an American gastropub with culinarily-driven fare, paying special attention to pairing food with libations. It's a place "for the people" where we can relax and enjoy the neighborhood vibe while we test theories of food, drink and the evolution of good times. People need a place that calls to them when they find the time to relax, shrug off the day, and savor a meal that's unique and extraordinary; a place where they feel they belong. Our local owners and staff bring a unique, modern environment to this ideal Plaza location where we have revived the best patio in town, making Gram & Dun an enticing landmark for locals and visitors alike. In addition, Gram & Dun honors the traditional by bringing revered dishes to the forefront and adding our own special touch, and welcomes seasonality by adjusting to the natural changes our tastes succumb to as the year progresses, all in an effort to provide the best to patrons. Gram & Dun: Kansas City's original gastropub.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Reviews for Gram & Dun

Dunn

We went to brunch at Gram and Dun. I would not recomend it. Paid too much for a plate of potatoes. My friend had french toast. I think she wanted to order the waffles. I also had a beer. That was good because they told me they were out of several kinds.

Steak

To little meat and to many potatoes.

Real GOOD

The experience was great! Very relaxing.

Went with another couple and was not pressured to get out of our seats and the food was great. I will go back there as soon as I get the chance.

Great Food

I have no clue what these people are talking about we have been there 4 times and even with a big group and it was great . The rest of the people said the same thing. Once was for there brunch which was outstanding. :) If I had the money am ready to go back and the waiters even remembered us they were very informative on all the questions asked. The nuts at dinner we love so much that at lunch they don’t provide but he snuck some out to us. The steak my husband said he can cut with a fork, so tender. The catfish is really good, burger, poorboy. It’s just GOOD, EAT there!

Steak

GREAT

Horrible experience!

My family and I went to this restaurant last nite (4/15/12). The service was extremely slow and the food was terrible. We should have known when the manager said that they were “known for their libations and oh, we also have food.” Needless to say, we stayed and tried out the “ecclectic menu.” I had my 18 month old son with us and asked if they had a children’s menu, they said no but we have chicken tenders, grilled cheese or butter noodles. He said the Chickent tenders are fabulous, best in town. So we decided to try them. Not only were they not fabulous, they were RAW in the middle. When I showed it to the waiter, before I even said anything he said “oh are the tenders raw?” like it had happened before. He didn’t take them from my son, he just said he would take of the bill and walked away. Then another waiter (not sure who he was, maybe head waiter?) came over to “check on the issue”. . he promptly told us that the tenders couldn’t be bad as they were made from the best breasts they had. Well that could not be true as the meat was DARK!!! either it was bad chicken or it was definitely the thigh or rib! Plus the fact that it was RAW in the middle. . .he proceded to barely glance at it and then walk off as well.

I will NEVER go there again. I think I might have given them a break if they had taken the issue seriously and taken the food from my child. But they didn’t care and acted like I was at fault. I don’t usually write reviews. . .but hope this makes anothe parent cut the chicken before they give it to their child. Samonila is terrible for an adult, but deadly for a child especially one as young as mine!

chicken tenders

2.0

Gram & Dun

My wife and I have been waiting for weeks to experience Gram & Dun on the Plaza, here in KC. Each time we have gone, it has been a 2-hour wait. We always chose another location due to the wait time. This place is the hot spot of the Plaza, or so we thought. Well, this past Friday we braved it up and went to the bar when the nice host told us it would be 1.5 hours for a table.

Once at the bar I ordered a glass of chardonnay for my wife and a glass of ice tea for myself. After settling out the bar tab I took the wine to our waiting table and returned for my tea. After waiting a few minutes, I caught the bartender’s attention and reminded him I had not received my tea. He looked up my order and said he did not charge me, so he must have not “rang it up”. I told I would go ahead, order one, and pay for it. He looked at me, said, “It will be a few minutes”, walked to the other side of the bar, and started wiping the counter. I then returned to our waiting table, enjoyed the next 20 minutes conversing with my wife, and eventually forgot about the tea.

At the 20-minute time, we received a text that our table was ready. Wow, we were happy to hear that. We approached the host counter and waited until they sat approximately six different couples that kept coming in off the street. Finally, we got wise, took our glass of wine, and pretended as if we come in off the street; “sure enough” the nice host waited on us and took us to our table. While being seated I asked her why it only took 20 minutes and not 1.5 hours, as we were told. She explained they tell patrons that so they do not get upset if it is too long, to be seated. (Remember, we have been coming in here for weeks, to only leave and go to another establishment to avoid the long wait).

The meal was ok, but the other theatrics all but distracted us from truly enjoying it.

Once we settled the bill, I noticed there were drinks added to my bill that we did not order. The waiter said he must have added the table nex to us drinks, to our bill and he would cancel (void) our credit card receipt and reprint it. When I received the final receipt, they brought me the the original and the new one. The original hadn’t been voided. I then asked for an explanation and the waiter sent the manager. The Manager told me they hadn’t processed this transaction yet so they didn’t need to void it. He said, "if you have problems with your statement please feel free to come back and we will correct it.)

I kept all the copies and wrapped them with the manager’s business card so we can wait until Visa tells us if we are charged the wrong transaction or not.

Overall, this was a less than enjoyable experience for both my wife and I. Not only was we disappointed with the bartender, hostess and dining experience, but to leave with the feeling that our visa statement may show us that we were charged for the extra use of our card, just to correct a mistake acted upon by Gram & Dun is beyond belief.

If you want an evening of mere disappointment, I would highly recommend this establishment.

Ron

Gram & Dun is located near the cities of North Kansas City, Kansas City, and Rosedale.
People found this by searching for: Graham And Dunn Kansas City, Graham & Dunn Kansas City, Gram And Dunn, Graham And Dunn Plaza Menu, Graham And Dunn, Gram And Dun Menu, Gram & Dunn Kansas City, Graham Dunn, and Graham And Dunn Restaurant.

McCormick & Schmick's