Cuisine: Italian, Casual dining, Lunch

Grappolo is a Italian, Casual dining, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a business meeting, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Lew_Marklin photo

Santa Barbara, CA

Incredible Italian in the wine country

Trattoria Grappolo
The Santa Ynez valley has a thriving Italian community, being wine country, you’ll find fine Italian vino from the vine, Sicilian donkey farms and just about everything else Italian, which means that if there is going to be a premiere Italian joint, it’s got a lot to live up to, to survive and the Grappolo is all that. We were introduced to this authentic Italian cuisine by local poet and author, Richard Jerrett, who doesn’t mess around when it comes to food.
We sat outside to talk, had bread and olive oil the Caesar Salad was fresh and crisp. I ordered the big Porter House Steak rare, as always on my first outing. It was AMAZING! Meat so tender, I almost screamed and ripped my clothes off while I sipped my Peligrino Water. Our waitress was awesome. I want to call her Randy, but I honestly can’t remember. People seemed to know each other. It was definitely a local staple and popular hang out for good reason. The owners dropped by to say hi, and were incredibly friendly.
On my second visit, we hit lunch and I had the spaghetti and Meatballs. If you ever shamed your family name by saying that one meatball was as good as the next, this dish will rip your theory to shreds. Incredible presentation. The spaghetti came in a well organized pile of pasta, heaped in a bowl over 6 immense meatballs and mint leaves. It knocked me under the table! The chef came out to get my animated reaction, and we exchange a high 5 if I can recount correctly! Now, the Grappolo is what crosses my mind when I plan my trips to Santa Ynez.

Porter House Steak

Incredible steak. I order it rare. It is HUGE. It stands out from across the room, and makes your knees shake. I had to have it. Love at first site. We stayed in love till the last bite!

Italian Trattoria Grappolo Casual dining

-3 useful

-3 useful

Grappolo  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Grappolo Restaurant, Grappolo Menu, Grappolo Santa Ynez, Grappolo Ca, Solvang Grappolo Menu, Grappolo Italian Restaurant Santa Ynez, Grappolo Restaurant Week, Solvang Valley Italian Restaraunt,Ca, and Kelly Lebrock Ranch In Santa Ynez Address.