Call 3687 Sagunto St
Santa Ynez, CA 93460

Cuisine: Italian, Casual dining

Grappolo is a Italian and Casual dining restaurant where most Menuism users came for a business meeting, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Lew_Marklin photo

Grappolo 5.0

Incredible Italian in the wine country

Trattoria Grappolo
The Santa Ynez valley has a thriving Italian community, being wine country, you’ll find fine Italian vino from the vine, Sicilian donkey farms and just about everything else Italian, which means that if there is going to be a premiere Italian joint, it’s got a lot to live up to, to survive and the Grappolo is all that. We were introduced to this authentic Italian cuisine by local poet and author, Richard Jerrett, who doesn’t mess around when it comes to food.
We sat outside to talk, had bread and olive oil the Caesar Salad was fresh and crisp. I ordered the big Porter House Steak rare, as always on my first outing. It was AMAZING! Meat so tender, I almost screamed and ripped my clothes off while I sipped my Peligrino Water. Our waitress was awesome. I want to call her Randy, but I honestly can’t remember. People seemed to know each other. It was definitely a local staple and popular hang out for good reason. The owners dropped by to say hi, and were incredibly friendly.
On my second visit, we hit lunch and I had the spaghetti and Meatballs. If you ever shamed your family name by saying that one meatball was as good as the next, this dish will rip your theory to shreds. Incredible presentation. The spaghetti came in a well organized pile of pasta, heaped in a bowl over 6 immense meatballs and mint leaves. It knocked me under the table! The chef came out to get my animated reaction, and we exchange a high 5 if I can recount correctly! Now, the Grappolo is what crosses my mind when I plan my trips to Santa Ynez.

Porter House Steak

Incredible steak. I order it rare. It is HUGE. It stands out from across the room, and makes your knees shake. I had to have it. Love at first site. We stayed in love till the last bite!

Grappolo 1.0
April 13, 2010

When a Great Restaurant Serves Sub-par or Even Dangerous Food

We have a six-year-old. And I'm a rabid foodie. And my husband keeps a gourmet organic vegetable and herb garden in our back yard. So to say that we don't get to dine in fine restaurants often is an understatement. Once you pay the…
Grappolo 5.0
February 18, 2009

tucked away nugget

We came here a few years ago for a family birthday dinner and loved the quaintness and delicious food. We thought we were in a small town establishment with only the locals which was true if only Kelly LeBrock and Kurt Douglas are your…

Italian Santa Barbara OpenTable
Tips
  • Reservations are essential most every night of the week. Even on Mondays, the place is packed to the gills. Walk-in seats are available at the small counter.
  • The wine list specializes in local wines as well as Italian varietals, and is organized by price point, starting around $18 all the way up to "special reds" for over two hundred, but the markup is reasonable. Corkage is $16 per bottle.
  • Cooking classes are occasionally offered at area wineries, and the chefs wrote a cookbook named after the restaurant.

From OpenTable:

Trattoria Grappolo is a casual Italian bistro located in the wine-producing region of Santa Ynez, California (2 hours North of Los Angeles). Grappolo is the perfect place to enjoy with family and friends. Walk though the door and a savory aroma of freshly baked pizza and simmering tomato sauce teases the senses. The combination of the pastoral ambiance of Italy with the lush vine fields and oak-studded hills of Santa Ynez helps create the ideal setting to serve up some of Central California's most creative and authentic Italian dishes. Specialties include: Carpaccio, Rollino Veneto - rolled-up pizza pouches stuffed with smoked mozzarella and radicchio - handcrafted pastas and pizzas, aged New York steaks, rack of lamb, and fresh seafood dishes. Desserts such as lavender creme brulee and warm chocolate torte with espresso anglaise are a hit with guests. Trattoria Grappolo features an expansive wine list, and a large VIP wine cellar that accommodates 40 for private parties.

Owner? Claim The Menu

B5-_e4lc4r3zfoaby-glfx

-3 useful

B5-_e4lc4r3zfoaby-glfx

-3 useful

Grappolo  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Grappolo Ca, Grappolo Menu, Solvang Valley Italian Restaraunt,Ca, Grappolo Santa Ynez, Grappolo Italian Restaurant Santa Ynez, Grappolo Restaurant Week, Grappolo Restaurant, Solvang Grappolo Menu, and Kelly Lebrock Ranch In Santa Ynez Address.