Call 200 N Poindexter St
Elizabeth City, NC 27909
Neighborhoods: Downtown Elizabeth City

Cuisine: Waterfront Dining, Seafood

Grouper's Waterfront Seafood Grille is a Waterfront Dining and Seafood restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

MikeMan12 photo

MikeMan12

Elizabeth City, NC
Grouper's Waterfront Seafood Grille 1.0

Worst Fish Ever

First the Good: Server was amazing. She was very kind and kept are drinks filled and got are food out to us very quickly.

The Bad: I ordered the Mahi special, which was supposed to be a Mahi filet encrusted with Macadamia nuts and covered with a Pineapple salsa, with a baked potato and a house salad. What I got was bitter lettuce with over powering croutons to start with. Then I got some kind of fished that was baked to death with no flavor with a few chunks of pineapple and sauce from a can of pineapple. The fish tasted like a baked egg, I guess from the coating that held the random nuts to the fish. Worst tasting thing ever.

The Ugly: So I asked the server for the wasabi sauce that came with a different fish on the menu to try and get something out of the food and I got soy sauce with a clump of powdered wasabi in it. So I gave up and was waiting for the server to pay the bill and a different server snatched the check so i had to chase her down and tell her I thought the fish was terrible and she said she would send the manager over. So I sat down and after about 15 minutes our server came back and said the manager took 10% off for the meal. At this point I was so pissed I just paid and walked out, the manager never talked to me and to be this rude about a bad meal was just insulting.

I will never eat here again and I recommend you find someplace else to eat in town.

Mahi Special

citizenvoice photo

citizenvoice

Elizabeth City, NC
Grouper's Waterfront Seafood Grille 4.0

Wrong address

The address to Groupers is 400 S. Water St.

The address that is listed will take you to Thumpers Downtown Bar and Grille instead, someone might want to change that.

Good food though!!

Grouper's Waterfront Seafood Grille 5.0
May 19, 2010

Top Shelf!

Dinner with my sweetheart was made so complete by the entire staff. From Kathy at the bar to Heather our server to the cook staff. The kitchen ran out of cheesecake which my lady had her heart set on and Heather managed to have a portion…
Grouper's Waterfront Seafood Grille 5.0
July 4, 2009

Grouper's Waterfront Rstrnt is a great find!

I lived in Boston for 16 years and all seafood restaurants are now judged by my experiences with the very best New England has to offer. I can tell that someone in the kitchen at Groupers loves to cook! The calamari appetizer was top…
Grouper's Waterfront Seafood Grille 1.0
April 16, 2008

Eat here if you want lung cancer!

I have never eaten in an establishment so filled with nasty cigar and cigarette smoke in my entire life! The food wasn't bad; what i actually tasted of it! I had to get out of there quickly because the thick smog from the cancer causing…

Waterfront Dining Seafood

Grouper's Waterfront Seafood Grille  Restaurant Reviews

• 05/01/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 05/31/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 11/08/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 01/15/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 01/18/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/14/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 06/29/2015 - A diner from Edenton, NC tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
People found this by searching for: Grouper's Waterfront Restaurant, Grouper's Prices Elizabeth City Nc, Groupers Elizabeth City Menu, Groupers Menu 27909, Groupers Restaurant Elizabeth City Nc, Groupers Elizabeth City, Groupers Elizabeth City Nc, Groupers Elizabeth City Nc Menu, and Groupers Waterfront Restaurant.