Call 911 Seward St

milkbar

Studio City, CA
Grub 4.0

good grub!

ive never actually eaten inside but i have had take out from here for lunch at work. the after-school special is really good… i love their take on the tomato soup… but the grilled cheese was very greasy and i would rather have it plain white bread than the herby bread they use. they also have a really good mushroom and spinach soup that tastes like the same broth in french onion… i like it a lot.

dont forgt the big ass ice cream sandwich… or the half-ass if you cant do the big one :b

Wild Mushroom Soup With Fresh Spinach & Ginger

Vegetable broth slowly simmered with a rich Cabernet and roasted Wild Mushrooms, Fresh Spinach and a splash of sweet Ginger.

After School Special

(This is the one everybody’s gabbin’ about! And man is it yummy!) Cheddar and Swiss Cheeses grilled to melting on our tangy sliced Sourdough adorned with delicate Dill Butter served with a cup of our Creamy Dreamy Tomato Soup. Let the dog eat your homework!

LAFoodGod photo

LAFoodGod

Grub 4.0

This is what Mom's kitchens should feel like

Not too many restaurants make you feel like you’re in Mom’s kitchen. That is exactly what Grub in Hollywood sets out to do and it accomplishes it’s goal. Grub claims to be “The Happiest Place on Earth”. I don’t know about that, but when you start a meal by putting a little bowl of delicious sweet mixed cereal on the table for diners to snack on, it does provide for an ever so pleasant dining experience.

I went for breakfast and after putting down what felt like was fifty-three bowls of cereal, maybe it was only three bowls, our food came out. It wasn’t that the food took a long time, it was just that the cereal was so good we just kept digging in.

The first thing we tried was the Sweet and Sassy Bacon, which used to be called Crack Bacon. I liked it better with the original name, but the recipe seems to be the same. This is hands down the best bacon I’ve ever had! Period! It’s the Miss Piggy of Pork! The MJ of basketball, The Tom Brady of football and the Al Roker of News…hummm. Just thinking about this bacon brings joy to a sad face. The way I see it, it’s bacon caramelized in maple syrup or brown sugar and cayenne pepper. It’s not too sweet and it’s not too spicy, but the blend of sweet, spice and the salt from the bacon is freakin’ unreal!

Then we dug into the “Friggin’ Amazin’ French Toast”. It was good, but it wasn’t “Friggin’ Amazin”, like the bacon. It was a little soggy and soft for my taste. I like a French Toast that is strong, powerful and can stand up proud like the French that apparently invented it… Maybe that’s why it was soggy and weak, that’s kinda more how I think of the French.

We also ordered Mamacita’s Breakfast Burrito. Pretty standard, eggs, chorizo, cheddar cheese, potatoes and topped with salsa and sour cream. I’m a big fan of the idea of the breakfast burrito. To me a breakfast burrito is like the perfect hot girl, it’s great to look at and inside there is solid substance and flavors that keep you coming back for more. This burrito was no hot model, well maybe a Target Model, decent looking but if truly spectacular they’d be modeling for Victoria Secret.

I won’t say with full certainty and I don’t even like doing this cause I normally don’t trust other people’s taste buds, but I hear that the “Hot Chicks! Salad” is fantastic. It’s basically Hot Wing flavors in a salad. Romaine lettuce, skinless chicken breasts covered in Frank’s spicy hot sauce, red onions, carrots, celery, crumbled bleu cheese and tossed in their buttermilk ranch dressing. If it sucks, which it sounds like it doesn’t let me know and I’ll never trust my Parrott again!

If you don’t like breakfast and you don’t like Mom’s kitchens and you hate Hollywood, just make the trip for the Sweet and Sassy Bacon. Grub could probably get rid of everything else on the menu and just serve the Bacon, formerly known as Crack Bacon, and they would still probably be busy.

www.LAFoodGod.com

July 7, 2014

Gotta make a try this restaurant cause most of your listed menu above were quite my kind of wants lately. ;)
January 23, 2014

Grub serves one of the best breakfast sandwiches I've ever had. Croissant French toast, eggs, cheese, "crack" (maple candied with seasonings) bacon... Holy moly. This place has a lot of heart and a great homey feel. Never had a less than…
October 14, 2012

Experienced the Grub as a b-day breakfast.\r Great Place!! I returned for brunch today, the food\r is awesome. Ambiance, needs refreshing..plants, etc.\r Overall 95%.

American International Hip Casual
Tips
  • Seward has midday street cleaning on Mondays and Tuesdays, which takes away the few parking spaces out front. Look around the corner on Barton Avenue for a spot.
  • The restaurant is usually packed from 12pm to 2pm, so if you're pressed for time, call ahead for a takeout lunch.
Mon-Fri 08:00AM - 10:30AM
Mon-Fri 11:00AM - 03:00PM
Sun,Sat 09:00AM - 02:00PM

Grub  Restaurant Reviews

• 10/30/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
Grub is located near the cities of West Hollywood, Los Feliz, Universal City, Koreatown, and Mound.
People found this by searching for: Grub Hollywood, Grub Menu Hollywood, Sweet And Sassy Bacon, Sweet And Sassy Bacon Recipe, Grub Hollywood Yelp, Grub Hollywood Coupon, Grub Sweet And Sassy Bacon Recipe, Grub Menu, and Grub Hollywood Menu.