717-653-2140

1050 W Main St ( )

Mount Joy, PA 17552-9590

Description: Gus's Keystone Family Restaurant is a Cafe, Traditional, and Diner restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Family, Cafe, Good for groups, Takeout, Good For Kids, Traditional, Restaurant, Diner, Family Dining, and Greek
  • 1 dish entered by diners at Gus's Keystone Family Restaurant
  • 3 users want to eat at Gus's Keystone Family Restaurant
  • 2 users love Gus's Keystone Family Restaurant
Diner Log for Gus's Keystone Family Restaurant:
  • 07/13/2014 - A diner tried it and liked it.

Reviews for Gus's Keystone Family Restaurant

• 6 reviews
  • First reviewed by Dynamyk

Terrific Selection

A tremenoudous eatery. Gus makes it a point to visit all tables, and he must hear alot of compliments! I tell people when visiting Gus’s to have an idea of what they’d like before they get there because he’ll likely have it. They have a full menu, and an insert as if that weren’t enough! I have enjoyed every meal that I’ve ordered at Gus’s (which are many), and will certainly return soon.
This is my home’s staple-when we don’t know what we’re in the mood for- sure thing-spot.

Add/Show Comments (2)

2.0

Disaster

Wife and I stopped in to this restaurant we’ve been patronizing for about a year. It was 8:30 pm and they close at 9:00Pm. We always tipped well.

I never expected what happened….didn’t see it coming….the waitress said they just threw out the coffee…..they’re closed….the front should have locked the door and never left us in. She was huffing and rude.

The food has been going down hill and we will never be back.

Not again

My wife and I would often stop at Gus’s for lunch when we were out on the Harley but that ended today. After our meal, I went to the restroom. One of the kitchen staff entered the restroom with his apron on and proceeded to use the urinal. Aprons just don’t belong in a restroom. Makes me wonder what else is going on behind the scenes. We won’t be back.

Something for everyone

Menu is extensive and everyone in our party of 6 loved all the choices. Prime rib was very good and huge portion. Delmonico steak was a tad grisly but good flavor. Ham loaf was plentiful and very good (some went home because it was so much food) Food was served so hot that I actually had to blow on it. One person got the turtle soup and liked it. Tomato Bisque was excellent – served like French onion soup and highly recommended!!!! Sweet potatoes fries are worth a try. Portions of everything were generous. Service was friendly, ke/’.0.0.0.0.0.0pt glasses filled and took care of requests promptly. We were not hurried out after done eating. Overall a very pleasant place to eat good food.

-1 0

blahhh

I was a former employee at this restuarant. First of all the desserts are not homemade they are frozen or purchased… The management treats their employees horrible..Gus may walk around and talk to his customers like he is a nice person but then talks to Some of his staff like they are nothing more than garbage under his feet..Its a family owned business and he doesn’t care how they treat his employees unless of course you have worked in his establishment for several years..Then its ok if you snort coke in the bathroom or smoke pot in your car on your break… My suggestion is even though it is a very busy restuarant I would never recommend anyone to work there because at some point or another will be treated like shit!!

-1 0

Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I’ve seen how horrible and nasty this restaurant is ….but is seems they have the entire family out to write fake reviews for themselves …..*clap clap *… their servers are bitches and violate every health code known to man …enjoy your bacteria ridden food everyone and enjoy the fake reviews they have their family doing !!!!!!!.

Gus's Keystone Family Restaurant is located near the cities of Florin.
People found this by searching for: Gus Restaurant Mount Joy, Gus Diner Mount Joy, Gus's Mount Joy, Reviews Gus Keystone, Gus's Keystone Diner, Gus's Keystone Family Restaurant, and Gus's Restaurant Mt. Joy Pa.

Fiesta Burrito Bar

Loves Gus's Keystone Family Restaurant (2)

claudes

0 useful

Bh6-u6hdwr35idaby-wxzo
Dynamyk

Lancaster, PA

Link to Gus's Keystone Family Restaurant

Gus's Keystone Family Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  81%  Food:  80%  Service:  70%  Ambiance:  55%
Pros
  •  "The staff is so nice and the food is great. Have the macaroni salad!!! "
  •  "Waitress friendly. Out of two of main dishes. Ordered seafood salad. Out of it. Ordered oyster stew which was like warm milk with 3 oysters and Greek fries cold and overcooked. Told cashier who shrugged her shoulders. Last stop to eat here. "
  •  "I can't say enough about my most recent visit. Pancakes were very good. The service that saturday was very good. Whatever the reason all in all it was very pleasant. This is my go to place every other weekend. Like everything else in life it's "
  •  "food, atmosphere, Becky the waitress, all around plus"
  •  "None"
  •  "Thank god the customers are nice and loyal because at least they are pleasant "
  •  "great service, big portions of delicious homemade food, reasonable prices, friendly staff...highly recommend"
  •  "Friendly wait staff"
Cons
  •  "See above comment. Also out of oyster crackers. Served saltines. "
  •  "I dine here for breakfast only. Just a suggestion - ask about "how was everything during the meal process" not as the patrons are making their exit. Doing it this way will more than likely get a more accurate rating especially if management is"
  •  "None"
  •  "The food is marginal; the waitresses are pathetic and rude. Atmosphere is cold and univiting. I imagine the only warmth is in the kitchen. The local are nice and loyal. Lucky for this establishment. Food products are inferior. I am sure the cook can cook "
  •  "Food is marginal. Waitresses are pathetic and rude. I only wish someone cared enough to stop by my table for an opinion. The only thing warm and pleasant is the sun shining through the. windows. You either need service or food. One or the other boy. "
Comments
  •  "Don't waste your time. "
  •  "Good Old Gus's _what a venue. "
  •  "first time will return"
  •  "Yes. Hire some decent people to work at this place. People generally don't pay to be insulted in a public forum."