Gyros Express

750 N Addison Rd
Villa Park, IL 60181-1421

Cuisine: Greek, Lunch, Breakfast

Overall
Pros
"The restaurant rocks!"
"Fresh cut fries"
Cons
"Gyros say best in Chicago clearly NOT the case over priced and kinda gamey the fries were OK but they could've salted them "
Comments
"I would not return "
Paisanaa photo

Paisanaa

Wood Dale, IL
Gyros Express 4.0

YUM.

My husband & I had been meaning to go to Gyros Express for years—-he heard about it from a coworker. We didn’t because it’s just not on our usual routes. But finally last Sunday we were nearby AND remembered it was there, and we were hungry.

GOOD choice. Husband had the gyros, I had the gyros & sausage. His came w/fries & we got an order of the Greek potatoes to split. Everything was excellent, and they served mine with a knife & fork, which is exactly how I like it—-my hands are too small to manage a gyros as a sandwich, I always deconstruct it.

Anyway, I gave it less than five stars because it is a little expensive—-$28 for lunch. Don’t get me wrong, you certainly get what you’re paying for, both in quantity and quality; but that’s still a bit much for “fast food”.

But then, this place kind of straddles the fast food/restaurant line; they have saganaki listed under their appetizers, and the menu includes pastitsio & Greek chicken, for heaven’s sake! They do have the standard hot-dog-and-fries type combos, too.

So, while I would definitely recommend this place, I’d also say be aware that it’s a little more than you’d expect from a “gyros joint”.

ROCKERDOGS photo

ROCKERDOGS

Addison, IL
Gyros Express 5.0

BEST GYROS AROUND

I have been going to this little restaurant for some 15 or so years. They have the BEST gyros in the suburbs. When I moved out here, I thought I wouldn’t find a place to rival the great greek places in Chicago. I was very happy, and still am, dine here very regularly. I have had other things on the menu rarely, because I can’t get enough of the gyros. Give it a try. You’ll be highly impressed!

GYROS

THE BEST!

Greek Lunch Breakfast
Dst1uoow8r3y_raby-wmxk
ROCKERDOGS

Addison, IL
0 useful

Gyros Express  Restaurant Reviews

• 07/05/2013 - A diner tried it.
  • 07/08/2013 - A diner from Roselle, IL tried it and rated it 5 stars.
  • 08/20/2013 - A diner tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Fresh cut fries'
    Cons: 'Gyros say best in Chicago clearly NOT the case over priced and kinda gamey the fries were OK but they could've salted them '
    Comments: 'I would not return '
  • 04/07/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/30/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 05/13/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 05/20/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'The restaurant rocks!'
Gyros Express is located near the cities of Lombard, Elmhurst, Addison, and Oakbrook Terrace.
People found this by searching for: Gyros Express Villa Park, Gyro Express Villa Park Il Menu, Gyros Villa Park, Really Good Gyro In Illinois, Gyros In Villa Park, Gyros Express Villa Park Menu, Gyros Express Villa Park Il, and Gyros In Villa Park Il.