714-556-0176

2930 Bristol St Ste A110 ( )

Costa Mesa, CA 92626-5934

View Hours
Description: Habana is a Cuban, Latin American, and Caribbean restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Cuban, The Lab, Patio, Reservations, Latin American, Caribbean, and Good for groups
  • 27 dishes entered by diners at Habana
  • 2 users want to eat at Habana

Reviews for Habana

• 6 reviews
  • First reviewed by justin

cool, relaxing cuban patio

i came here to celebrate my birthday with a big group of friends and it was the perfect setting for a relaxing, chill SoCal evening of drinks & dinner. we sat in the outside patio, which was quite large & warm (heated lamps).

the food was tasty and i would definitely come back for more cuban goodness. (serving sizes are large and plentiful).

as stated by the previous user, service was a bit on the slow side, but pleasant & fun.

Handmade Empanadas

deep-fried cuban dumplings. i like empanadas, and these were delicious. comes w/a sweet fruity sauce that makes it even tastier!

Seared Ahi [Carribean Rub]

wow this was RAW fish. it states ‘sushi-like’ on the menu, and they weren’t kidding. luckily, i love sushi so this dish was excellent to me.

Flan

most flan i’ve had is lighty & custardy, but this flan was heavy, full, rich & custardy. comes w/fresh fruit mix on the side, which was a nice complement. highly recommend this dessert!

Yumsters!

Perfect spot to take a date or hang out with friends. Definitely felt like I am in New York when I ate here. Sophisticated menu selection, everything I ordered was delicious. Nice patio setting and modern decor. Not only great for dinner but just a spot to grab drinks!
I definitely recommend it to anyone.

Skirt Steak "Estillo Churasco"

Delicious! Rice had great flavor and seasoning. Steak was cooked to perfection and the corn on the cobb seasoning had a nice spicy kick

Flan

best I have ever had, love the fresh fruit

Organic Greens

perfect size salad, and great tangy dressing

Tuna Tartare

tuna was good, but thought it could be accompanied by something other than the plaintains

It's like being in Cuba...almost

You know you’re in California when you can have a nice dinner out on the patio in short sleeves in the middle of winter. Habana’s outside patio seems to be larger than the dining area indoor and they do a very good job with it. There’s plenty of candles to set the mood and an ample number of outdoor heaters to keep you toasty all night long. The heavy wooden tables and shrubbery all around the patio really make you feel like you’re having a meal in Cuba…or so I imagine…

The food, alcohol, and desserts are all reasonably priced and all quite tasty. The service wasn’t exactly the speediest or most attentive, but if you’re not in a hurry it just gives you more time to enjoy the evening. However, if you’re not a fan of cigar smoke, you may want to consider sitting inside.

Habana takes reservations and they have a supposed “2 hour time limit” on the tables, but that seems to be pretty lax on less busy days (we were there for 3 hours).

Handmade Empanadas

You get 4 on the plate and they’re pretty good. Emapanadas always seem good.

Bistecca da Navarra

The mashed potatoes and garlic spinach were both tasty and flavorful, but the steak was a bit bland. Maybe I should have ate everything together? The steak seemed fresh and was cooked well though.

Seared Ahi [Carribean Rub]

The Carribean Rub gives a really nice kick to the ahi.

Flan

This is the richest flan I’ve ever tasted. Creamilicous!

Amazing Cuban Cruisine

This location was referred to me. My boyfriend and I decided to try it. The pics of the food looked really exotic and that’s exactly how it was at the restaurant. However, the taste did not disappoint. I had the salmon dish and my boyfriend had the “cow’s ankle.” I am a salmon lover, and it was amazing!!! We also had the flan for dessert and it was really good as well. Lastly, the service was exceptional. Our server knew the cruisine and was very friendly. It was a very nice treat. Thank you Habanas!

First Time

The decor and ambiance is gorgeous, food is nothing great I tried the fried avocados and they were horrible all the praise on yelp must be from peeps with bland palates or who haven’t tasted better which is not surprising since we are in OC.

Waiter sucked he never refilled our waters, sangria was tasteless but my wife liked her wine.

Front host Brian was disappointing. He didn’t greet us when we entered and made us stand there while he chatted on the phone and after hanging up he goes to the bar to do something and the whole time he never once acknowledged our presence meanwhile we are waiting. It’s typical white trash red neck attitude, and he’s working in a Cuban joint?

One star because of the decor.

Seasoned-Fried Avocado Slices

tasteless

November 15, 2010

Outstanding

Great environment, excellent food, and the servers were so attentive!! If you're looking for a special place to splurge, its a great place. It has a wonderful ambiance . The best one is passionfruit cheesecake topped with icecream drizzled…

Habana is located near the cities of Newport Beach, Lido Isle, Central Coast, Huntington, and Corona Del Mar.
People found this by searching for: Habana Restaurant Costa Mesa, Ca, Habana Restaurant Costa Mesa, Habana, Habana Costa Mesa Menu, Habana At The Lab Menu, Habanas Costa Mesa, and Habana Costa Mesa.

Link to Habana

Habana  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%  Food:  100%  Service:  100%  Ambiance:  100%
Pros
  •  "Very interesting and awesome flavors"
  •  "Atmosphere."
  •  "The ambiance was immaculate. Romantic and gothic. The drinks were stiff and tasty"
  •  "picturesque"
  •  "Ambience"
Cons
  •  "More seating."
  •  "hard to get a table sometimes"
Comments
  •  "my go-to restaurant to entertain"