Call 1624 Q St NW

AliceC photo

AliceC

San Francisco, CA
Hank's Oyster Bar 4.0

The thing that caught my eye about this place...

The thing that caught my eye about this place was the raw oysters and other restaurant goers waiting there also said it is the raw oysters that bring them back.

So at my visit, they were offering $1 oyster happy hour, 3 kinds. I got a half dozen which consisted of kusshi, eagle rock, and one other I can’t remember. They were delicious, fresh and silky tasting. My favorite was the kusshi which had a slightly sweet taste, but they are small in size.

For dinner, I ordered the lobster roll. It was full of lobster meat chunks in a light sauce with some celery that didn’t have enough sauce and salt, but you could really taste the lobster. It was served on a butter grilled toast that had just the right amount of crunch. It isn’t as good as the one at Mary’s Fish Camp in NYC, but it’s pretty good.

The lobster roll was served with old bay fries that were not crispy or flavored evenly. They tasted like they had been sitting around for a while.

Overall, I will definitely go back and get more raw oysters and try a few other things that were recommended, popcorn shrimp and calamari.

Hank's Oyster Bar 3.0
March 6, 2010

Like it

Excellent service on a busy night (we were at the bar) and innovative, delicious food.

Seafood Raw bar People Watching

Hank's Oyster Bar  Restaurant Reviews

Hank's Oyster Bar is located near the cities of National Harbor, Naval Anacost Annex, Washington D C, Fort Lesley J Mcnair, and Rosslyn.
People found this by searching for: Hank's Oyster Bar Dupont Menu, Hanks Oyster Bar Menu, Hanks Oyster Bar Dupont Menu, Kusshi Oysters Washington Dc, Hanks Oyster Bar Dupont, Hanks Oyster Bar Happy Hour, and Hanks Oyster Bar Dc And Happy Hour And 2010.