hay j's bistro

Cuisine: American, Gluten Free, Catering

cynindenver photo

Denver, CO

stay away from hay j's

what a joke. the service was so bad it actually became funny. despite having reservations, we waited for an hour for our table. two hours passed and we still hadn’t gotten our entrees. i asked for our wine to be served with dinner, but it was served an hour before we got dinner – a ploy to run up the bill, perhaps? not one, but two beef orders came out over cooked and tough. when they brought out a redone dish, they literally brought just the meat – not the mashed potatoes that my 83 year old mother ate while waiting for them to get the order close to right. have you ever seen less than the full plate served when the restaurant is trying to make it right? have you have seen a waitress say, with a straight face, your order will be right out -when the other six people at the table were more than half way done with their meal? i haven’t laughed that hard in a long time.

the restaurant graciously comped the meal that wasn’t eaten and our appetizers, which they had said they’d comp during the hour we waited for our reserved table, so really – big deal. the restaurant also comped 4 desserts for 7 people – without actually asking what we preferred. the topper was staff sweeping the floor while we waited to pay our check it was the worst birthday dinner ever – it was so bad it actually became funny. well, except for the bill. they should have comped the whole meal and waited to clean up after we left – it wasn’t our fault it was almost 10:30 p.m. we did arrive at 6:45…..

beef medallions

over cooked and tough.

betho photo

Sandpoint, ID

The lettuce is very important in a caesar salad!

As a low carb, high fat eater I’m willing to pay $15 for lunch every now and again for a great Caesar salad, (no croutons) with my choice of meat, (high quality!) The romaine lettuce was more like ice burg lettuce in taste and in color. Just like the romaine lettuce I used to buy at Costco. The blackened steak bites were really good. (I add butter to make it ketogenic). The dressing was also good. There was not a lot of parm cheese. If I ever would go back I would ask them for extra parm cheese. But I would not pay $15 again for this salad as it is now.

American Gluten Free Parking

hay j's bistro  Restaurant Reviews

• 07/15/2013 - A diner from Hayden, ID tried it.
  • 07/27/2013 - A diner from Renton, WA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.
  • 05/17/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 06/14/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 08/21/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
People found this by searching for: H Jays Resturant Libert Lake, Hay Jays Liberty Lake Wa, Hay Js Chief, Hay J's Bistro, Hay J's Bistro Menu, Hay Jay's Bistro, Hay J's Liberty Lake, Hay Jays Liberty Lake, and Hay J's Menu.