509-926-2310

21706 E Mission Ave ( )

Liberty Lake, WA 99019-7502

Tags: American, French, Good For Kids, Takeout, Good for groups, Northwest, and Reservations
  • 1 dish entered by diners at hay j's bistro

Reviews for hay j's bistro

stay away from hay j's

what a joke. the service was so bad it actually became funny. despite having reservations, we waited for an hour for our table. two hours passed and we still hadn’t gotten our entrees. i asked for our wine to be served with dinner, but it was served an hour before we got dinner – a ploy to run up the bill, perhaps? not one, but two beef orders came out over cooked and tough. when they brought out a redone dish, they literally brought just the meat – not the mashed potatoes that my 83 year old mother ate while waiting for them to get the order close to right. have you ever seen less than the full plate served when the restaurant is trying to make it right? have you have seen a waitress say, with a straight face, your order will be right out -when the other six people at the table were more than half way done with their meal? i haven’t laughed that hard in a long time.

the restaurant graciously comped the meal that wasn’t eaten and our appetizers, which they had said they’d comp during the hour we waited for our reserved table, so really – big deal. the restaurant also comped 4 desserts for 7 people – without actually asking what we preferred. the topper was staff sweeping the floor while we waited to pay our check it was the worst birthday dinner ever – it was so bad it actually became funny. well, except for the bill. they should have comped the whole meal and waited to clean up after we left – it wasn’t our fault it was almost 10:30 p.m. we did arrive at 6:45…..

beef medallions

over cooked and tough.

2.0

The lettuce is very important in a caesar salad!

As a low carb, high fat eater I’m willing to pay $15 for lunch every now and again for a great Caesar salad, (no croutons) with my choice of meat, (high quality!) The romaine lettuce was more like ice burg lettuce in taste and in color. Just like the romaine lettuce I used to buy at Costco. The blackened steak bites were really good. (I add butter to make it ketogenic). The dressing was also good. There was not a lot of parm cheese. If I ever would go back I would ask them for extra parm cheese. But I would not pay $15 again for this salad as it is now.

People found this by searching for: Hay Js Chief, Hay J's Bistro Menu, Hay Jays Liberty Lake, Hay Jay's Bistro, Hay J's Menu, Hay J's Bistro, Hay Jays Liberty Lake Wa, and H Jays Resturant Libert Lake.

Boomers Classic Rock Bar & Grill