760-746-1444

19320 Lake Dr ( )

Escondido, CA 92029-8108

Description: Hernandez' Hideaway Restaurant is a Mexican restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: Mexican, Dinner, Good For Kids, Takeout, and Good for groups

Reviews for Hernandez' Hideaway Restaurant

RUDE & CRUDE

My wife and I went in on a Thursday evening. We sat down at a table in the bar area and waited, and waited, and waited. Finally, after approx. 20 mins. some haggard old woman with a raspy voice, who obviously didn’t want to be there, waited on us. She was rude and abrupt while taking our order as if we were an inconvenience We each had a margarita which wasn’t bad, but the food was atrocious, greasy and bland. The bathroom was absolutely disgusting which makes the whole place smells like it. When I got the bill I couldn’t believe it cost just over 50.00, which in my opinion is much too expensive for quality of the food. All things considered, I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Perhaps they should open a kennel.

LOUSY FOOD, LOUSY SERVICE, RIP OFF

I finally convinced my friends to stop meeting at Hernandez Hideaway. The food is overpriced and just awful, and the waitress’s and bartenders are flat out rude and non-attentive. But the primary reason we stopped going there was that I started keeping track of our meals and drinks and discovered that they were charging us for drinks we didn’t order and actually padding the tab which was already exorbitant. Terrible food, terrible service and getting ripped off on top of it all. Never again.

May 31, 2013

My wife and I went in on a Thursday evening. We sat down at a table in the bar area and waited, and waited, and waited. Finally, after approx. 20 mins. some haggard old woman with a raspy voice, who obviously didn't want to be there,…

People found this by searching for: Hernando's Hideaway Escondido, Hernando's Hideaway Escondido Ca, Hernando's Hideaway Restaurant Escondido, Hernando's Hideaway Restaurant, Hernandez Hideaway Restaurant, Hernandez Hideaway Menu, Hernandez Hideaway, and Hernando's Hideaway.

Tango Restaurant & Lounge
Windy City Pizzeria
Westside Cafe
Stone Brewery
Vincent's

Link to Hernandez' Hideaway Restaurant

Hernandez' Hideaway Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  75%
Pros
  •  "Friendly-adorable tacky-good food-we will definitely go back. PL from encinitas"