Call 19320 Lake Dr
Escondido, CA 92029-8108

Cuisine: Mexican

Hernandez' Hideaway Restaurant is a Mexican restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"The Margaritas and food were excellent. Ambiance especially Awesome. Haven't been for awhile. Hopefully soon."
"Friendly service, great atmosphere. Always have a great time. Shrimp burrito, rellenos, and tacos are my favorites."
"Kathy waitress"
"Friendly-adorable tacky-good food-we will definitely go back. PL from encinitas"
Cons
"None that I can remember."
Comments
"No"
mauijosh photo

mauijosh

Del Mar, CA
Hernandez' Hideaway Restaurant 1.0

RUDE & CRUDE

My wife and I went in on a Thursday evening. We sat down at a table in the bar area and waited, and waited, and waited. Finally, after approx. 20 mins. some haggard old woman with a raspy voice, who obviously didn’t want to be there, waited on us. She was rude and abrupt while taking our order as if we were an inconvenience We each had a margarita which wasn’t bad, but the food was atrocious, greasy and bland. The bathroom was absolutely disgusting which makes the whole place smells like it. When I got the bill I couldn’t believe it cost just over 50.00, which in my opinion is much too expensive for quality of the food. All things considered, I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Perhaps they should open a kennel.

LindaShon photo

LindaShon

Escondido, CA
Hernandez' Hideaway Restaurant 1.0

LOUSY FOOD, LOUSY SERVICE, RIP OFF

I finally convinced my friends to stop meeting at Hernandez Hideaway. The food is overpriced and just awful, and the waitress’s and bartenders are flat out rude and non-attentive. But the primary reason we stopped going there was that I started keeping track of our meals and drinks and discovered that they were charging us for drinks we didn’t order and actually padding the tab which was already exorbitant. Terrible food, terrible service and getting ripped off on top of it all. Never again.

Hernandez' Hideaway Restaurant 1
February 14, 2015

Best margaritas in San Diego

Mexican Dinner Good For Kids

Hernandez' Hideaway Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

• 01/17/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Friendly-adorable tacky-good food-we will definitely go back. PL from encinitas'
  • 02/09/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/09/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/24/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 07/21/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Kathy waitress'
  • 11/01/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 11/04/2014 - A diner from Mountain View, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Friendly service, great atmosphere. Always have a great time. Shrimp burrito, rellenos, and tacos are my favorites.'
  • 11/16/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.
  • 12/01/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 12/26/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.
  • 01/08/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and didn't like it. They didn't like the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
  • 02/08/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 03/07/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/02/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'The Margaritas and food were excellent. Ambiance especially Awesome. Haven't been for awhile. Hopefully soon.'
    Cons: 'None that I can remember.'
    Comments: 'No'
  • 04/19/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 04/28/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 05/12/2015 - A diner tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
People found this by searching for: Hernando's Hideaway Escondido Ca, Hernando's Hideaway Escondido, Hernandez Hideaway Menu, Hernandez Hideaway, Hernandez Hideaway Restaurant, Hernando's Hideaway Restaurant Escondido, Hernandez Hideaway Restaurant Menu, and Hernando's Hideaway Restaurant.