- 14 / 20
- Read Gayot Review »
- Mondays offer a bar special on hamburgers and fries for $12. Baby back ribs, also a specialty, are available every night but Saturday.
- Your little one can choose either sirloin or chicken breast from the children's menu.
- Try a flight of the Hitching Post's own wines, including the famed Highliner, for only $8. The wine list is also heavy on local selections from other vintners. Corkage is $15.
- Reservations are strongly advised on weekends; seats at the bar can be available for walk-ins, but even that gets crowded.
Here, on the Central Coast of California, BBQ has always meant grilling over an open fire of red oak, a style of cooking that is native to our area and goes back to the days of the Spanish Rancheros. By combining the old and the new, we have created an exciting cuisine with outstanding steaks, ribs and chicken, along with fresh fish and seafood and vegetarian options. We also create our own (world class) wines for sale in the restaurant and to the public. Hartley Ostini Hitching Post Wines have garnered an excellent reputation. Try them here or purchase on our website for your enjoyment at home.
Now featuring Hitching Post Burgers in the HP Sidebar Mondays - Wednesdays! Oak-grilled 1/2 pound ground sirloin on homemade cheese bun with our famous french fries for just $12.
Loves Hitching Post II (2)
- 08/12/2013 - A diner from Stafford, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
- 03/02/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
- 08/18/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.