Hong Hua

Cuisine: Chinese, Seafood, Lunch

Hong Hua is a Chinese, Seafood, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

"Eggplant with chili sauce/ delicious"
jenkung photo

Ann Arbor, MI

Best Chinese food I've had in SE Michigan (so far :)

This place rocks. I’ve been there many times for lunch – and ever since my boss first brought me there, I’ve told at least a dozen other people about it and they’ve all loved it too. They have lunch specials that range from about $7-$9. My favorites are the General Tsao’s chicken and mongolian beef. Even the spring roll and hot and sour soup that come with the lunch are excellent. I’ve also been there for dinner a couple of times, and you can get pretty authentic Chinese dishes there (good seafood). Very nice atmosphere and the service is very good. If you dont get there early for lunch on a weekday, be prepared to wait (and I’d suggest making reservations for dinner on weekends).

General Tsao's Chicken

I’ve had this for lunch many times, and while it may not be the most “authentic” Chinese dish there is, I love it! Most other places that make it skimp on the chicken and coat it with too much breading, but this was just the opposite. Nice, juicy chicken chunks. Fresh broccoli (my favorite). Hot steamed white rice. All along with yummy hot and sour soup and a spring roll.

Kelly61 photo

Sterling Heights, MI

Over-inflated prices for what you receive

Last month I read a review in either the Macomb Daily or the Detroit Free Press about Hong Hua being named ‘top 100’ in the country. The article said Hong Hua was named by Zagat as one of the top 100 Asian Restaurants in America…so I just had to drive 1 hour from Sterling Heights to check out this fabulous Chinese restaurant.

I ordered a giner ale which was served 3/4 in the glass, no color to speak of and it tasted like flat sugar-water so I asked to have it removed. We arrived at 5pm so my mom and I were served dinner menu’s along with dinner prices. I wanted to order the Flamed Pickerel but when I inquired about the market price I was informed it would cost $32.00 – yikes, a bit high for my current apetite. I settled on the Pan-Fried Egg Noodle with assorted seafood and vegtables. Mom ordered the Sweet & Sour Chicken. When mom discovered that no rice was served with the plate she ordered a side of rice – she was served a very small portion of white rice and charged 75 cents…talk about nickel and dime-ing…

After ordering I went to use the rest-room and asked the waitress if they served egg-roll’s, she gave a look as if I asked if they served balogna sandwhiches. She said they had spring rolls would I’d like chicken or shrimp. I said I like an appetizer of chicken spring rolls. While I was in the rest-room she delivered one, tiny spring roll to the table and informed my mom that it was for me. $2.25 for one tiny spring roll! The spring roll tasted like any other spring roll…nothing special at all, in fact it was a bit bland and I certainly didn’t taste any chicken.

Mom’s Sweet & Sour chicken was pretty good – nice size portion, big chunks of chicken, overall not bad but nothing to write a great review about. My meal was OK, but very pricey at $16.00!

It’s nice to have a variety of restaurants in Michigan, the place seemed clean. The employees seemed very interested in looking at the customers every chance they got, almost felt like we were being stalked. We are not interested in returning.

Pan-Fried Egg Noodle

Pretty decent size portion, 3 good size shrimp, nice white-fish, vegtables pretty much consisted of large broccoli flowers and tiny pieces of carrot for color. Lots of skinny noodles in very bland sauce. BORING.

Liberatist photo

Farmington Hills, MI

Restaurant has gone downhill

The food is bland, service horrible. I would never go back to this restaurant. I have given them multiple chances and every time they get worse. I have heard everyone give them so much praise but everytime we go no one is completely satisfied with the food or service.

Chinese Seafood Lunch

Hong Hua  Restaurant Reviews

• 07/14/2013 - A diner from Plymouth, MI tried it.
  • 08/19/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Eggplant with chili sauce/ delicious'
  • 01/31/2015 - A diner tried it.
Hong Hua is located near the cities of Farmington and Farmington Hls.
People found this by searching for: Hung Hoa West Bloomfield, Hung H Chinese Restaurant Michigan, Hoa Hung, Farmington Hills, Hang Hoa West Bloomfield, Hung Hua Chinese Rest, Authentic Chinese Restaurant Southeast Michigan, Hung Hoa Bloomfield, Hung Hua Restaurant, and Hung Hua Menu.