Call 2011 South 1st Street
Milwaukee, WI 53207
Neighborhoods: Bay View

Cuisine: American, Burgers, Pizza

Horny Goat Brewing Co is a American, Burgers, and Pizza restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Setting is beatiful"
Comments
"Food is very good"
eryngo photo

eryngo

Milwaukee, WI
Horny Goat Brewing Co 4.0

Just goes to show you... never judge a book by its cover!

I have to be honest… with a name like this, I wasn’t expecting much. Because it’s a brewery, we had high expectations for the beer of course, but not so much for the food. Well, we were pleasantly mistaken!

The inside space is rather small… there is seating upstairs and downstairs with room for three or four people at the bar. But the outside area is where all the action is really going to take place, even in winter! Overlooking the Milwaukee River are four sand volleyball courts enclosed in a heated tent; the main bar (also enclosed and heated, but with garage-style doors that can be opened wide in nice weather); plenty of seating for dining; side tables and couches for relaxing; even an area with what looks to be a fire pit. My only complaint is that the music was cranked up so loud that we finally gave up trying to have a conversation.

And as always, a shout out to our server, Danielle K… thank you!

Autumn Apple Salad at Horny Goat Brewing Co

Autumn Apple Salad

Sweet and citrus-y at the same time… nice and simple, and surprisingly good!

Mini Loaded Tots at Horny Goat Brewing Co

Mini Loaded Tots

Genuis! Nachos but on tots instead. And this is the best beer cheese sauce I have ever had!

Fish Sandwich with Apple Cole Slaw at Horny Goat Brewing Co

Fish Sandwich with Apple Cole Slaw

A nice, hearty piece of cod with wonderfully crunchy panko.

Mrs. Robinson BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich at Horny Goat Brewing Co

Mrs. Robinson BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich

I know “barbeque” is a term to specify the way the meat is prepared but for a sandwich, I was expecting the sauce. And because the meat was overdone, it had great flavor but was dry. On the plus side, the crunchy onion strings were the perfect addition for a little textural contrast.

Deep Fried Oreos at Horny Goat Brewing Co

Deep Fried Oreos

Yep… delicious. I don’t know why, but I was actually expecting the cookies to be crunchy. In reality, they became soft… imagine eating an oreo-flavored cake. Deep fried. With ice cream. You have got to try these!

Buffalo Chicken Salad at Horny Goat Brewing Co

Buffalo Chicken Salad

I generally don’t like buffalo sauce but somehow, it really worked with this salad.

Anita4718 photo

Anita4718

Racine, WI
Horny Goat Brewing Co 3.0

Craft Beers with a side of fun - Horny Goat

I recently attended a corporate event at the Horny Goat.
Lots of fun activities – volley ball, ping pong, bean bag toss, etc. It was a great evening with warm weather with views of the river.

On tap they had at least 10 craft beers – I tried the Watermelon Wheat – which had a very interersting finish. Also tried Horney Blonde Lager — it was light enough for me and that saying a lot because I am not really a beer drinker.

We had over 120 in our group and there was still plenty of room to move around. It was an excellent place to host a corporate party. We had a open bar and the drinks were plentiful.

pulled pork

We had a private dining room with a buffet of coleslaw, mac n cheese. pulled pork and chicken.

The food was average — pulled port was tender but the sauce was too sweet. The chicken was baked — it was really tender but not much of a taste.

I think they really are known for the experience of “the Horney Goat” with lots to do and lots of room to sit outside and enjoy the views. But not so much on the food. It is a very fun place — more of a destination than known for their food..

Maybe I will go back to order off the regular menu and give it a second try.

twilightfeeder photo

twilightfeeder

Milwaukee, WI
Horny Goat Brewing Co 4.0

Skip the wings!

These wings are not breaded. Simply stated…they are skin and bone.

$34 Gift Certificate
Your Price: $19

Buy Now 44% off
Image-5836378-10804307
American Burgers Pizza

Horny Goat Brewing Co  Restaurant Reviews

• 08/07/2013 - A diner from Milwaukee, WI tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.
  • 04/12/2014 - A diner tried it and liked it.
  • 07/21/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Comments: 'Food is very good'
  • 08/18/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Setting is beatiful'
  • 11/15/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
People found this by searching for: Horny Goat Brewing Co, Horny Goat Brewing Co. Reviews, Horny Goat Menu Milwaukee, Horny Goat Restaurant, Horney Goat Tater Tot Recipe, Horny Goat Loaded Tots Receipe, Horny Goat Brewery, Horney Goat Tater Tot Receipe, and Menu For The Horny Goat Brewery, Milwaukee, Wi.