414-482-4628

2011 South 1st Street ( )

Milwaukee, WI 53207

Neighborhoods: Bay View

Description: Horny Goat Brewing Co is a American, Burgers, and Pizza restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: American, Burgers, Pizza, Pub Food, Sandwiches, Subs, Good For Kids, Takeout, and Good for groups
  • 9 dishes entered by diners at Horny Goat Brewing Co

Reviews for Horny Goat Brewing Co

4.0

Just goes to show you... never judge a book by its cover!

I have to be honest… with a name like this, I wasn’t expecting much. Because it’s a brewery, we had high expectations for the beer of course, but not so much for the food. Well, we were pleasantly mistaken!

The inside space is rather small… there is seating upstairs and downstairs with room for three or four people at the bar. But the outside area is where all the action is really going to take place, even in winter! Overlooking the Milwaukee River are four sand volleyball courts enclosed in a heated tent; the main bar (also enclosed and heated, but with garage-style doors that can be opened wide in nice weather); plenty of seating for dining; side tables and couches for relaxing; even an area with what looks to be a fire pit. My only complaint is that the music was cranked up so loud that we finally gave up trying to have a conversation.

And as always, a shout out to our server, Danielle K… thank you!

Autumn Apple Salad

Sweet and citrus-y at the same time… nice and simple, and surprisingly good!

Mini Loaded Tots

Genuis! Nachos but on tots instead. And this is the best beer cheese sauce I have ever had!

Fish Sandwich with Apple Cole Slaw

A nice, hearty piece of cod with wonderfully crunchy panko.

Mrs. Robinson BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich

I know “barbeque” is a term to specify the way the meat is prepared but for a sandwich, I was expecting the sauce. And because the meat was overdone, it had great flavor but was dry. On the plus side, the crunchy onion strings were the perfect addition for a little textural contrast.

Deep Fried Oreos

Yep… delicious. I don’t know why, but I was actually expecting the cookies to be crunchy. In reality, they became soft… imagine eating an oreo-flavored cake. Deep fried. With ice cream. You have got to try these!

Buffalo Chicken Salad

I generally don’t like buffalo sauce but somehow, it really worked with this salad.

Add/Show Comments (1)

Horny Goat Brewing Co

GOOD (but overpriced) food, with LOUSY service....

GOOD (but overpriced) food, with LOUSY service. I want to love this place. It’s within walking distance of my house. Been going there since they opened and unfortunately they have a pattern of great food and really, really terrible service. Went on a Friday night a few weeks ago. Checked in at the hostess stand and told a 20 minute wait to eat and handed a pager. Not told there was an option to go outside to the heated patio. We wandered out on our own and had a seat at the bar, sitting for 7-8 minutes before being greeted by the bartender who was busy in a personal (and loud enough for us to hear) conversation. Ordered drinks and finally got a menu. When we placed the order we clearly stated we wanted to order apps and then dinner and the bartender said it was better if he entered it together but he would stagger delivery. Ten minutes (kitchen always does well) and everything came together with no apologies. Our fish fry was fantastic but the tater tot app got pretty cold. Even more disturbing was the the bartender then made himself very scarce, so we had no service. Our order was incorrect, but we were ignored by everyone behind the bar. We were going to ask for a mgr, but the person behind the bar in street clothes who looked to be in charge was way to busy texting so we didn’t bother. Wish the food was worse so I wouldn’t want to every try again, or better yet that some day the mgmt wakes up and demands better of their staff.

3.0

Craft Beers with a side of fun - Horny Goat

I recently attended a corporate event at the Horny Goat.
Lots of fun activities – volley ball, ping pong, bean bag toss, etc. It was a great evening with warm weather with views of the river.

On tap they had at least 10 craft beers – I tried the Watermelon Wheat – which had a very interersting finish. Also tried Horney Blonde Lager — it was light enough for me and that saying a lot because I am not really a beer drinker.

We had over 120 in our group and there was still plenty of room to move around. It was an excellent place to host a corporate party. We had a open bar and the drinks were plentiful.

pulled pork

We had a private dining room with a buffet of coleslaw, mac n cheese. pulled pork and chicken.

The food was average — pulled port was tender but the sauce was too sweet. The chicken was baked — it was really tender but not much of a taste.

I think they really are known for the experience of “the Horney Goat” with lots to do and lots of room to sit outside and enjoy the views. But not so much on the food. It is a very fun place — more of a destination than known for their food..

Maybe I will go back to order off the regular menu and give it a second try.

4.0

Skip the wings!

These wings are not breaded. Simply stated…they are skin and bone.

People found this by searching for: Horny Goat Brewing Co, Horny Goat Loaded Tots Receipe, Horney Goat Tater Tot Receipe, Horny Goat Menu Milwaukee, Horny Goat Brewing Co. Reviews, Horny Goat Restaurant, and Menu For The Horny Goat Brewery, Milwaukee, Wi.

Nearby Restaurants

Triskeles

American (New) in Clock Tower Acres

Link to Horny Goat Brewing Co

Horny Goat Brewing Co  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%
Pros
  •  "Setting is beatiful"
Comments
  •  "Food is very good"