3.8 rating over 1 review
San Francisco, CA 94111-1013
Neighborhoods: The Embarcadero

Cuisine: American, Ribs, Vegan

Overall
Pros
"What wasn't great? Everything was excellent! "
shaomai photo

shaomai

San Jose, CA
Houston's 5.0

BEST RIBS EVER

Ok, whoever rated houston’s 2 stars obviously did not eat the ribs. It is possible that Houston’s other dishes are 2 star quality… but I’ve never eaten anything other than the ribs, and never will. Why would you, as they are the best ribs ever!!! (note title)

Admittedly, I was wary at first. Chain restaurant, kinda pricey, normal american fare… but on a friend’s recommendation, I ordered the ribs. Friend said he’s never seen me devour a plate of food that quickly. Two things to note here:

1) I’ve probably never finished a full rack of ribs in my entire life. I did here at Houston’s.

2) I am a notoriously slow eater and I finished that full rack in less than 10 minutes.

What makes them so good? For me, it’s the fall off the bone quality. I think I ate the entire rack without having to touch one bone with my fingers – the meat just fell right off and you can seriously eat the entire rack with a fork (which also contributed to my ability to eat them so fast). Flavor is excellent too, but I’m sure other restaurants’ ribs taste good, but aren’t as tender and juicy as these!

Everything else about this restaurant I don’t really remember… dessert I remember as being normal, drinks were normal. but the ribs – 5 stars all on their own.

Barbecue Pork Ribs at Houston's

Barbecue Pork Ribs

best ribs ever. period.

American Ribs Chain

Houston's  Restaurant Reviews

• 04/05/2013 - A diner tried it and liked it.
  • 05/05/2013 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.
  • 06/17/2013 - A diner from Dublin, CA tried it and liked it.
  • 02/22/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 07/17/2014 - A diner tried it.
  • 08/08/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 09/01/2014 - A diner from Mountain View, CA tried it and liked it. They didn't like the food and didn't like the service.
  • 09/21/2014 - A diner from Mountain View, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 10/23/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/01/2015 - A diner from Mountain View, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'What wasn't great? Everything was excellent! '
  • 04/12/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/16/2015 - A diner from Mountain View, CA tried it.
  • 04/24/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 05/22/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 05/31/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
Houston's is located near the cities of Hayes Valley, , Mission District, Chinatown, and Haight Ashbury.
People found this by searching for: Houstons, Embarcadero, Houston's San Francisco Menu, Houston's Menu San Francisco, Houston's Restaurant San Francisco Menu, Houston's Restaurant San Francisco, Houston Restaurant San Francisco, and Houston's Restaurant Menu San Francisco.