Hungry Hunter Steakhouse

Neighborhoods: South Oceanside
Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse, Cafe

Hungry Hunter Steakhouse is a Steak, Steakhouse, and Cafe restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

"Very nice relaxed friendly service "
guess photo

Bonsall, CA

Consistency is what makes a restaurant prosper

This is already one of our local favorites… but we went back last night for my Father-in-laws 89th Birthday. It is one of his favorites… he likes the 1/2 price stuffed mushrooms on Happy Hour :-) At 89… deals are important.

We always eat in the Bar… when we went in… everyone knew my Father-in-law… we find out they have their favorite booth… and the only disappointment of the evening… was that there was not fire in the fireplace :-) I had been showing property that day… and had a big lunch with a client… so I ordered the smallest steak on the menu… the Sirloin. It was done to perfection… so was Terri’s… Dad’s prime rib was excellent… he said the baked potato was the best he’d ever had… that might be a memory thing???… and Alice his wife had the Fillet Medallions and raved. Wonderful Chocolate Cake for his birthday… good coffee… and incredibly friendly service. How can you not love this place. It gets better… four dinners, two orders of Stuffed Mushrooms… six drinks… Coffee and Desert… $125 before tip… Incredible value… last week we went to the steak house at Aviara… and had no better experience for $150 per person. Do yourself a favor… eat in the bar… have some fun… and this is the place to do it.

Sirloin Steak

Ordered the smallest steak on the menu… still brought home a doggie bag. Done to perfection… served steaming hot… and delicious. Baked Potato was good… mixed veggies were good… what a value… and at a higher price even… what a great meal

Stuffed Mushrooms

Half price during happy hour… all the appetizers are… these are great… Dad likes them with lemon juice on them… I think they are better straight up :-) Crab stuffed and smothered in cheese… excellent

marinecorpsski photo

Oceanside, CA

Not your "Cheap Chain" Steakhouse

Hunters Steakhouse offers great food at a decent price. It costs more than your chain steakhouse, but the service and quality of the food are well worth it. I first went there for a work function- Going away for a co worker. THis place is semi- formal so please dress appropriately. I liked it so much that later on in the year I took my wife there for our Anniversary Dinner prior to going to a concert in Escondido Center for Perf Arts. THey have a nice selection of steak cuts, and wine. We found it unusual about the salad service. THey come with a multi-partitioned platter and let you choose your choice, and how much of what veggies you want. Definitely a winner in my book even though I am normally a meat and potatoes man. THey are real good at cooking the steak to your tastes.
I suggest setting up a reservation, as well arrive a little early because you may have to wait for parking, or park down the street at the place starts getting busy near happy hour.

Cooked just the way I like it!

robwalton photo

Rancho Santa Fe, CA

Eatin' great, right across the lagoon

Great value for a steakhouse. Friendly staff. Good variety on the menu. Lunch is an exceptional value. It can be noisy on the weekend evenings. Reservations are suggested, especially if you want a booth. They seem to hold these open for ‘special’ people, so call if you want one. The wine list could be better. I think the corporate person in charge of it either doesn’t drink or doesn’t particularly care. It’s pretty low end and over priced for most of those selections. They do take pretty good care of us which is why we return.

Bar-B-Q Baby Back Ribs

fall off the bone. 2 small racks, one a bit fatty. but good flavor.

Potato Skins

not very flavorful. looked good though. some were not hot.

Steak Steakhouse Good For Kids

Hungry Hunter Steakhouse  Restaurant Reviews

• 05/11/2013 - A diner from Hermosa Beach, CA tried it.
  • 07/05/2013 - A diner from Fontana, CA tried it.
  • 09/19/2013 - A diner from Carlsbad, CA tried it.
  • 02/14/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 05/04/2014 - A diner from Burbank, CA tried it.
  • 09/14/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 10/18/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and didn't like it.
  • 11/27/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Very nice relaxed friendly service '
Hungry Hunter Steakhouse is located near the cities of Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base, Camp Pendleton South, and Carlsbad.
People found this by searching for: Hunters Steakhouse Oceanside Hours, Hungry Hunter Restaurant Locations, Hunter Steakhouse Menu, Hungry Hunter Oceanside Ca, Hungry Hunter Oceanside, Hungry Hunter Steakhouse, Hunters Steakhouse, Hungry Hunter Restaurant Oceanside, and Hungry Hunter.