Hurry Curry of Tokyo

Neighborhoods: West Los Angeles
Cuisine: Japanese, Lunch, Indian

Hurry Curry of Tokyo is a Japanese, Lunch, and Indian restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid less than $10.

No Rating
opilicious photo

San Jose, CA

Hurry Curry!!!

Man, I wouldn’t have survived college without this place. Funny enough, I never actually had the curry at this place in my 4 years of living in LA. That’s because the chicken pasta is so frickin fantastic. My stomach wouldn’t allow me to order anything else. (And on a college budget, my wallet wouldn’t allow it either.) This dish is spaghetti with cutlets of fried chicken covered with sautéed mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers, and then smothered with their special and oh-so-good white sauce. Nothing fancy but it’s creamy, it’s filling, and it’s delicious.

The place isn’t too big and space can get tight as the place fills up. There may be a short wait for a table, but don’t be discouraged. You’ll be pleasantly rewarded by what Hurry Curry has to offer.

Next time I’m in town, I’ll try and visit and taste their other fine items on the menu.

Chicken Pasta at Hurry Curry of Tokyo

Chicken Pasta

mmmm mmmmmm marvelicious.

Efface photo

The taste is okay. Personally I don’t like Japanese curry...

The taste is okay. Personally I don’t like Japanese curry as much compared with others. The price is very affordable.

kat photo

comfort food

the quality and service has gone down over the years, but still a hometown favorite. better than the newer/bigger curry house across the street. parking can be a pain in the butt at times, and not worth the valet.

warm, filling, comfort food (for me)

ChowFinds photo

Denver, CO

Neighborhood Go-To for Japanese curry

Hurry Curry is my neighborhood go-to for Japanese curry…and spaghetti. You can’t make a bad choice here, but the Chicken Pasta is probably my favorite dish. The chicken is marinated in sake, battered and deep fried crispy; and the dish is served with a creamy, garlicky “special white sauce” that’s just yummy. If you’re a seafood lover, I recommend the seafood spaghetti. When in doubt, choose their best-selling Chicken Cutlet Curry (be sure to ask for a tray of condiments-pickled onions, ginger and sweet raisins- that are a great compliment to the spicy curry). The Fried Calamari appetizer is light, not overcooked; and the Fried Chicken or Shrimp appetizers are good choices, each served with a tasty dipping sauce. The menu contains virtually no salads and no desserts, but I’ve never missed either one.

Hurry Curry is about the food, not so much the ambiance. Most dishes on the menu (all but three) are less than $10, several vegetarian options are offered and the food portions are substantial. Décor is minimal and French technotronic music plays quietly in the background. On the weekends, the noise levels, the lines of cars and the wait times increase a bit, but be patient as the lines move fast…and valet parking is always complimentary! All in all, a good choice whether dining alone or with friends.

Chicken Pasta at Hurry Curry of Tokyo

Chicken Pasta

“Special white sauce” is tasty.

emanbruin photo

Great Chicken Cutlet Curry. Whenever I'm in...

Great Chicken Cutlet Curry. Whenever I’m in the Sawtelle/Olympic area, Hurry Curry is one of my first choices.

Japanese Dinner Lunch
Sun-Sat 11:30AM - 10:00PM

Irvine, CA

New York, NY

San Jose, CA

Irvine, CA

Hurry Curry of Tokyo  Restaurant Reviews

Hurry Curry of Tokyo is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Hurry Curry Of Tokyo Menu, Hurry Curry Sawtelle, Hurry Curry Sawtelle Menu, Hurry Curry, Curry House Sawtelle Menu, Hurry Curry Chicken Pasta, and Hurry Curry Of Tokyo Ldowntown Os Angeles.