708-849-9000

14510 S Indiana Ave ( )

Riverdale, IL 60827-2825

Neighborhoods: Riverdale

Description: I 57 Rib House is a Barbecue, Ribs, and BBQ restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: Barbecue, Ribs, Restaurant, BBQ, and Catering
  • 24 dishes entered by diners at I 57 Rib House

Overall: 94%    Food: 100%    Service: 55%    Ambiance: 47%
Pros

• "If you call in you still have to wait at 30 minutes so sad they don't put the order in until you show up pay while understandable inconvenient and if you do go in service is poor cashier is rude and talks on her cell while they don't want to wait on you i"
  • "None"
  • "Very tasty and tender Turkey tips "
  • "Food is ok ..service horrible !!!"
  • "They are super slow in there. "
  • "Great fresh and good leftovers"
  • "The food is god and always hot"
  • "The food is good, but some of the workers have a nasty attitude"
  • "Food is ok sometime. Other locations food and service is always the same, acceptable. Riverdale however, the service is horrible. I drive outta my to go to the Chicago location on Halsted. "
  • "Foods pretty good I had the half chicken dinner!"
  • "If you call in advance your food is ready "
  • "Excellent ribs and service."
  • "Food is really good ☆☆☆☆but the wait & service is tooooooooLONG!!!!"
  • "Cashier never seems to be happy. Never makes customers feel welcome. Spikey Girl.."
  • "Very bad customer sevice they take a long time for your order even if you call in your order you still got to wait 20 minutes and when you talk to them they act like they can't here you so u have to yell and its to small."
  • "Amazing food "
  • "Too long of a wait for food "
  • "Food is great! "
  • "10"
  • "Real good food always hot and fresh"
  • "Great food."
  • "Good ribs"
  • "The wait for food "
  • "Food cooked good and sauce is fire!!!!"
  • "The food is pretty good!"
Cons
  • "Speed of service & attitude"
  • "Wait time was over 30mins."
  • "Slow as heck"
  • "You might as well just go in and order because when you order over the phone you still have to wait almost an hour"
  • "Slow service , better customer service"
  • "Service and employees rude just because. And I go back occasionally cause things can change or maybe I was unlucky wit two bad experiences. Nope not unlucky, and I found I'm not the only one who feels this way. The owner and or Mgr. must be as bad as"
  • " chicken over coocked and there not professional at all might not go back again !!!"
  • "Customer service! Classes"
  • "None"
  • "No decor at all"
  • "Need better customer service."
  • "Slow service and better customer service"
  • "Poor customer service and super slow. Dirty hot lobby. "
  • "They need to speed up their service"
  • "Bad customer service"
  • "Dirty hot lobby. Clerks sounded like they were arguing back behind the bulletproof glass. Yeah. Bulletproof glass. This place is at a jackers haven in da hood!!!"
Comments
  • "Really good ribs"
  • "Customer Service is TERRIBLE. "
  • "Don't go to Riverdale i57. It's a gamble."
  • "33 Ashland bbq patio way better and half chicken dinner about a dollar less with garlic bread slaw and plenty of fries its just way better meat falls off bone!!!"
  • "Maybe pay them more. Maybe we will get treated better"
  • "No"
  • "Turkey menu is awesome."
  • "The place needs to be remodeled."
  • "N/A"
  • "Put on your flack jacket and get some of this good food. "

Reviews for I 57 Rib House

• 4 reviews
  • First reviewed by trich

bad service

10/23,08
about 2 months ago i called in an order at this I-57 and waited for two hrs. today is the first time since than, that went to this place, i called in my order at 12:35p, they told me 15 to 20 min, at 1:06p, i went to get my order, it was not ready. but wanted me to pay now, they have a sign that says (no refune) in big letters. I told them that when my order is ready i will pay, they did not want to here that. this place does not care about the people it only about them. if you order from this place be propared to wait. this I-57 is in riverdale, il.

Add/Show Comments (2)

HORRIBLE SERVICE

Went to I-57 for the LAST TIME.The ribs tips are good but as of lately ,they are very inconsistent. Sometimes tender sometimes tough. This time whole bucket was tough as leather. I know people make mistakes ,but when I called in to complain,I waited leki 2 minutes for someone to answer the phone and was immediately placed on HOLD,THEN I asked the name of the person I was speaking with and instead of giving her name she asked MY name.So now i’m getting FURIOUS,I asked to speak to a mgr. was again on hold for like 5 minutes, same person got on the phone and said mgr was “BUSY”, asked for the MGRS name and was again put on hold..5 minutes ,the COOK got on the phone and asked what was the problem. I told him about the ribs,he offered me a “CREDIT” and to return the uneaten ribs. They are ALWAYS SLOW and you dont know WHAT your gonna get.

Rib Tips

were TOUGH as LEATHER

2.0

Ribs are delicious but service is poor. While taking orders over the phone, the Phone Clerk needs to be more courteous and professional over the phone and in person.

Ribs

4.0

I 57 Rib House

I’ve had the pleasure of eating at 3 of the 1 57 Rib chains. I think the one that was on 115th & Ashland had the best food but it burned down. The one on 99th & Halsted, the tips were alittle chewy. Yesterday 3/25, I went to the one in Riverdale. I phoned in my order. They told me 30 minutes. When I got there it was crowded as usual but my order was ready. The tips were very meaty, very tender and delicious and the links were perfect just like the ones on Ashland. I think they may have a new chef but somebody finally know what they are doing. Bravo! I will be back. By the way, all of the sauces taste exactly the same, great.

Ribs

They really have the best ribs in town but be prepared to wait if you don’t phone in your order.

Rib Tips

Tender and meaty. The sauce is delicious, sweet and smokey.

Hotlinks

Done and delicious if you like a little hot.

Add/Show Comments (1)

I 57 Rib House is located near the cities of Dolton, Dixmoor, Harvey, Calumet, and Calumet Park.
People found this by searching for: I 57 Barbeque, I57 Bbq, I 57 Rib House, I 57 Rib House Menu, I57 Menu And Riverdale, I 57 Rib House Menu, and I 57 Barbeque Riverdale.

Featured in Riverdale