978-537-5083

555 Central St ( )

Leominster, MA 01453-6101

Description: IL Camino Restaurant is a Italian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Italian, Homemade Pasta, Good For Kids, Takeout, and Good for groups
  • 3 dishes entered by diners at IL Camino Restaurant
  • 1 user wants to eat at IL Camino Restaurant
  • 1 user loves IL Camino Restaurant

Reviews for IL Camino Restaurant

4.0

Homemade pasta...

Hmmm…I read some poor reviews on this restaurant here, but I’ve never left there feeling anything less than satisfied with my meal.

The Staff won’t top the charts on “Friendliest Staff Ever”, but they suffice…and even when busy are still pretty good at attending to their respective sections.

They do have a Cash Only Policy and you’re lucky to get in there without seeing a line of people.

There are several other Italian Choices in the Leominster area, but this one should not be overlooked. Give it a whirl, I think you’re gonna love it.

Chicken Picatta

This is clearly not the healthiest meal on the menu, but hey, it’s ok to splurge once in a while, right?

This chicken cutlet is showcased in a lemon butter sauce that is to die for! Side that with a plate of their homemade pasta or gnocchi and red sauce…and ask for a meatball on the side! Don’t forget the grated Parmesan too. Now, that is good eats.

The pre-meal salad and italian bread is your typical fare…and nothing to write home about.

But have your pen and paper ready after the entree is finished and start writing home!

I don’t get there often, so it’s difficult for me to get anything but this dish.

horrifying experience!

This long standing staple of the areas italian restaurants should be unstapled!

We had reservations on easter sunday. A reservation for 12 at 3pm.! We were never told that we were the last reservation (nor did anyone think on a high volume day like easter that a restaurant would close before dinnertime) so when the last person showed up it was 20 min after the reservation was scheduled.

The actual owner of the restaurant would not allow the 10 of us waiting in the very small foyer to sit down at our reserved table, and told us she planned on turning us all away if the last person in the party didn’t show up in a timely fashion. I’ve NEVER experienced such rude, borderline confrontive behavior from anyone thats supposed to be in customer s-e-r-v-i-c-e.

We finally sat, were told we had a limited menu (no dinner specials), grumbled through sloppy service in tight quarters, and were served average to slightly above average food and were rushed through.

Its an easter I will not soon forget!

chicken parm

Not worth the price! Its only redeeming quality is the marinara its served with.

Add/Show Comments (1)

2.0

Having friends in the area rave about this...

Having friends in the area rave about this place, I too was a bit disapointed in the IL Camino Restaurant. Mind you it’s not that bad, in fact I’ve found a few outstandindg dishes amoung the sea of average fare, however it did not live up to the hype

IL Camino’s popularity is obvious by the lines of folks that always seem to be waiting to get a seat. It’s “Cash Only” policy also hints that they’re not hurting for business. And folks might be surprised to call to place a “take out” order only to be told that they are simpley too busy and they are not accepting take out orders that evening.

The place is dated in decor which adds charm, but also make’s it feel a bit “fuddy-duddy”. The service is fine and there’s a nice homestyle feel to the place and ooozes familly owned and run.

I’ve found thier tomatoe sauce a bit bland and thin. However they offer home made pasta, and all the traditional itiallian faverites. Most of the food is fine, I’ve found nothing bad on the menu. I admit, I prefer a spicey menu and belive one can never have too much garlic. For me, I find most of the food to be pretty good, but a bit bland for my specific tastes.

However, there are a few outstanding favorites that I keep coming back for.

Specifically, the Shrimp Roberto is simply one of the best shrimp dishes I’’ve ever had. It’s butteryflyeid shrimp battered and then sauted in a rich lemon butter sauce . I’ve also found thier gnochi very good as well.

My wife loves the honey glazed fried pastires for desserts (me? eh.).

They also offer complete 5 course dinners for around $30.00 (soup, salad, entry, a glass of wine and dessert) You can’t beat the price.

Shrimp Roberto

This is a house speciality. 5-6 butterflyed shrimp light breaded and then sauted in a very, very rich lemony butter sauce.

2.0

What am I missing?

This is one of those places that has roots in the area, and seems to be a local favorite for Italian. Having grown up in an area in the NYC ‘burbs where there are plenty of great Italian establishments, I gave it a try. I wasn’t impressed. Maybe I hit them on an off night (Saturday evening :) to be fair. I have not been back since.

IL Camino Restaurant

I'm not sure what people see in this place

I have enjoyed their food, but the waitstaff leaves quite a bit to be desired. I think in all the times I have eaten there, I had one decent server. The last few times, someone gave me a gift certificate and I took the food to go.
I MUCH prefer Maddie’s Italian Cafe.

Chicken Picatta

The Chicken Picatta is the best I’ve had. Not drowning in lemon.

September 26, 2009

Il Camino Restaurant

Great local Italian restaurant! Reasonable prices. We especially enjoy the homeade pasta and the chicken picatta. There is sometimes a wait, especially on weekend nights.

People found this by searching for: Menu For The "El Camino" Restaurant In Leominster, Ma, El Camino Leominster, Il Camino Leominster, Ilcamino Retaurant Leominster Mass, El Camino, Leominster, Ma, Il Camino Restaurant, El Camino Leominster Ma, El Camino Restaurant Leominster, and El Camino Restaurant Leominster Ma.

Featured in Leominster

Loves IL Camino Restaurant (1)

Apmgcy7ocr3ygzaby-eeth
Riffyraff

Billerica, MA

Link to IL Camino Restaurant

IL Camino Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%  Food:  100%  Service:  100%  Ambiance:  60%
Pros
  •  "Chicken piccatta is the best.And the knocies are the best"
  •  "Best chicken picatta ever!! "