818-986-2640

13705 Ventura Blvd ( )

Sherman Oaks, CA 91423

Neighborhoods: Sherman Oaks

View Hours
Tags: Italian, Pollo Marsala, Pollo Cipriani, Sherman Oaks CA, Il Tiramisu, Good for groups, Takeout, Vegan, Thai, and Deli
  • 64 dishes entered by diners at Il Tiramisu Ristorante & Bar
  • 2 users love Il Tiramisu Ristorante & Bar
Tips:
  • Monthly wine dinners pair various wines with a special tasting menu.
  • The restaurant can be rented out for private parties. Call for details.

From OpenTable:

For over 15 years, we have offered great Northern Italian Cuisine in a casually elegant neighborhood restaurant. Ivo and Peter, father and son owners/hosts, ensure that your service is professional and friendly. In addition to our homemade pastas, breads, and desserts, we offer a wonderful selection of fresh fish and prime steaks. Specialties include Veal Osso Buco and the best Chicken Parmesan in Los Angeles. Our full bar complements the approachable wine list. A neighborhood favorite, stop by and visit us...

Owner? Claim The Menu

Reviews for Il Tiramisu Ristorante & Bar

Editorial Review by Gayot »

4.0

Family-Owned Italian Elegance!

On the corner of Woodman Avenue and Ventura Boulevard in Sherman Oaks, CA stands an Italian restaurant that boasts a traditional Italian heritage not to be missed. The Kastelan family has put their sincere devotion, love of Italian cuisine and over 30 years of restaurant experience into Il Tiramisu Restaurant & Bar. They have allowed the city (and the thousands of satisfied patrons that have dined within its walls) to enjoy the proven consistently quality Italian fare that is prepared daily at this neighborhood eatery. One rainy night, my husband and I ventured to this romantic eatery prepared to enjoy a fine Italian meal as we watched the rain fall from our point of observation in the dining room.

Our host for the evening was kind enough to open the bottle of Pinot Noir we arrived with. The lighting was dimmed, candlelight danced across the table from the column of wax flickering on our table, and all seemed well in the world for us at that moment. Our server arrived with a basket of flat bread and a dish of extra virgin olive oil complete with a color rich mosaic of garlic and herbs resting in the bottom of the bowl. Both traditional and flavorful, the olive oil was the perfect accompaniment over butter for these delicious baked morsels.

After sipping on our wine and enjoying probably too many stalks of flat bread, our server returned to take our orders for dinner. I selected the Pollo Cipriani. Tender chicken breasts smothered in lightly pungent marinated artichoke hearts, freshly diced tomatoes and a simple Champagne sauce that blended every tantalizing flavor of this entree together in ways so delightful an memorable that I thought I was dreaming. But it wasn’t a dream. It was real. And it just kept getting better. My entree was joined by two sides: sauteed potatoes and a vegetable medley that complimented the meal.

My husband enjoyed the Pollo Marsala. Succulent chicken breasts sauteed with sweet Marsala wine and earthy sliced mushrooms. A simple dish, we know. But made with such skill, and delicious altogether, this menu item certainly satisfied my husband’s palate for Italian fare this particular evening. He also chose sides of tender potatoes and various steamed vegetables.

After we finished dinner (and our wine), we surrendered to the dessert menu’s temptations that were so obviously calling to us. The Sorbetti di Frutta was an excellent choice. We decided on the coconut flavor, and were so happy we did. The lightly sweetened cookie bowl the Sorbetti di Frutta was presented in was a nice touch. That disappeared as quickly as the Sorbetti did! The light crunch with the creamy non-dairy coolness of the sorbet was a satisfying combination, as well as a delightful finish to a lovely Italian meal.

ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: A warm ambiance surrounds you with light-toned woods from comfortable furniture to intricately beamed ceilings to the vibrantly-colored gallery of floral paintings displayed on the restaurant walls. Dim lighting in the evenings along with perfectly directed picture lights hovering above each painting.

FOOD / DRINK: Over 30 years of tradition has been carried throughout the meals crafted at Il Tiramisu for your dining pleasure. Each is expertly prepared and complimented with only the finest ingredients and finishes to delight any desire for Italian cuisine you may have.

LOCATION: Il Tiramisu is conveniently located at on the corner of Ventura Boulevard and Woodman Avenue at 13705 Ventura Boulevard in Sherman Oaks CA 91423.

HOURS: Lunch is served Tuesday through Saturday from 11:30 AM until 2:30 PM, while dinner is available Tuesday through Sunday from 5 PM to 10 PM. On Friday and Saturday evenings, the restaurant seats until 10:30 PM.

SERVICE / STAFF: Ivo and Peter are always friendly and gracious hosts. Their staff is also very courteous and efficient. We experienced only excellent customer service during our visit.

PRICE / VALUE: A reasonable pricing schedule accommodates a sensational array of Italian favorites including vegan and gluten-free options.

CORKAGE FEE: One of the many things we enjoy about visiting Il Tiramisu is that the corkage fee is just $5 per 750mL bottle!

CONTACT INFO: Phone: (818) 986-2640, Website: www.il-tiramisu.com\

PARKING: Valet perking is available behind the restaurant, as well as metered parking spaces along Woodman Avenue and Ventura Boulevard.

PRICING: With a very affordable corkage charge of just $5 per 750mL bottle, we also indulged in the Pollo Cipriani and the Pollo Marsala for $18 each, and the Sorbetti di Frutta for $7.

4.0

My husband and I went here for our anniversary once. It ...

My husband and I went here for our anniversary once. It was excellent, but not terribly memorable. Very quiet and dark, which was nice.

September 4, 2011

Il Tiramisu - highly recommended!

My family and I have been dining at Il Tiramisu since 1989. We have celebrated birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, Easter, Christmas, and New Year's Eve holidays with the delicious cuisine and excellent service provided by the owners,…

July 12, 2011

Awesome Food

Our food came out on time and was prepared just right. I would recommend this place to a hungry person the portions are huge! Service as ok but the food made up for it! I

Il Tiramisu Ristorante & Bar is located near the cities of Valley Glen, Van Nuys, Van Nuys, Stafford, and Sherman Village.
People found this by searching for: Tiramisu Sherman Oaks, Il Tiramisu Sherman Oaks, Il Tiramisu Review, Terrimisu Studio City, Reviews For Il Tiramisu Ristorante & Bar, Il Tiramisu Ventura Blvd, and Il Tiramisu Studio City.

Listed On

My Restaurant Rotation by epicurious

Dishes: butternut squash lasagna rolls with sage infused bechamel

My Restaurant Rotation by garbage disposal