414-384-7384

3736 W Mitchell St ( )

Milwaukee, WI 53215-1730

Neighborhoods: Burnham Park

Description: Jackson Grill is a Steakhouse, Steak, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: South side, Steakhouse, Steak, American, Grill, Barbecue, Lunch, Dinner, Catering, and Parking
  • 10 dishes entered by diners at Jackson Grill
  • 2 users want to eat at Jackson Grill

Reviews for Jackson Grill

Best Steakhouse in Milwaukee

Tonight was our fifth visit to Jackson Grill and we were not disappointed. Our last visit, we discovered that they had opened up a patio dining area, so we called ahead to reserve a spot. As I walked inside to let them know we were there, the owner, the chef, and the bartender all greeted me by name. Amazing after so few visits. I ordered a flatiron steak, while my wife ordered the pan fried walleye. Cooked perfectly, the flatiron steak was tender and served with roasted garlic and a portobello mushroom. Very deliciious! The walleye was served with topped with almonds and was very delicate and sweet. The salads served are first rate, including field greens, grape tomatoes, red onions, pepperoncini and pepperoni. All the dressings are house made and include french cognac and romano peppercorn. The best part however, is the mac and cheese side. Farfalle pasta with a sharp creamy sauce, topped with shaved parmesan and crunchy breadcrumbs. To die for!

Saloon Steak

Perfectly cooked and delicious

4.0

Jackson Grill

Overall a very good experience. Would I go back…I haven’t decided yet. The conversation was wonderful as always…a great group of people.

tourenados au poiuve

My 3 medallions of tenderloin were all cooked to different temp.’s, from mr, to m, to wd. Very dissappointing, considering the cost. The potates were good, and for my salad, my crutons were all on the bottom of the salad (not the norm right?). This worked very well with the dressing I choose: some bourbon vinegarette-ish type, not a thicker based dressing; results were remarkable as the crutons soaked up all that flavor at the bottom…YUMMY! Wether or not this was intentionable, but it sure worked for me!!☺☺ The dessert we ordered was excellent-I shared a coffee toffee brulee, plenty for sharing! I should have taken one to go. Overall I expected more from this establishment, given past very positive reviews, and price point too.

Add/Show Comments (1)

Hidden Gem !

Jackson Grill is a hidden gem on Milwaukee’s southside. Located on S 38th and W Mitchell, it’s tucked away in a residential neighborhood with adjacent commercial properties. Milwaukeean’s with long memories or grey hair (like myself) will remember Ray’s Jackson’s on Bluemound, a long time favorite supper club near County Stadium.
Chef Jimmy Jackson continues in his father’s footsteps with a great restaurant.
The restaurant specializes in steak and pasta dishes. Sizes for steaks runs from 6 oz to 16 oz, with choices in between. I chose the 10 oz filet mignon and it was splendid.

I couldn’t resist the coffee toffee crème brulee and I wasn’t disappointed. It’s an ideal size for sharing and would be more than enough for one.
The restaurant has limited seating but that adds to the cozy atmosphere. Our group of eight was not a problem for the kitchen to keep up with and food arrived quickly.
Our waitress was even kind enough to tally separate checks for our group and was attentive to our needs throughout the meal.
Great place that demonstrates the value of classic food done well along with Milwaukee hospitality.

Black Angus Filet Mignon ala Portobella

Nicely seared but medium rare, it was just as good as I imagined. Dinners include soup or salad plus a side. I was tempted to try to the duck fat french fries appetizers but had more than enough food with my entrée. In fact, I saved some of the steak to take home.
Steak was accompanied with a large portabella mushroom that complimented the steak perfectly and helped with the au jus.

Coffee Toffee Brulee

Coffee and toffee topping added a new taste to the standard crème brulee. Dish was perfect for sharing with another

Jackson Grill

Great intimate local steak house

A trip to Jackson Grill was a birthday gift from our kids. Sitting at the bar enjoying cocktails prior to the meal was very nice. Good house wine (decent pour as well) and a fine Bloody Mary according to hubs. 3 had steaks and I had the fish with gnocchi. Yum, yum, yum! My portion was so big I had an entire meal (which I ate 2 days later) as leftovers and the fish was just as firm reheated. The others loved their steaks and were members of the clean plate club! I had a taste of my hubby’s and it melted in my mouth, as did the mushrooms with it. They are pricey for sure but the service, portions and food are worth it. Plans in the works for this to be a “birthday” tradition.

Go. Just... go!

Funny thing… Capital Grille is not on Capital Street, Mason Street Grill is on Mason Street and Jackson Grill has nothing to do with Jackson Street… or any other street for that matter. Owned by Chef Jimmy Jackson, this tiny place nestled in a residential neighborhood is Zagat rated and has made both Getto’s and Deptolla’s Top 30 numerous times. What more do you need to know? Oh… just be sure to make reservations. They have a total of ten tables.

Mac & Cheese

Loved the crunchy topping!

Escargot with Garlic Butter

Different… I think I’m used to just scooping them out and popping them into my mouth. The portabella mushroom- while very tasty- was also slightly distracting.

Cajun BBQ Shrimp Cocktail

Yep… I’ll be back for this. Served with remoulade, horseradish and cocktail sauces, our server was right. The only sauce you’ll want is the one it’s already in!

Side Salad

The greens were not impressive but the salad came with plenty of red onions (my weakness) and the hot bacon vinaigrette was great!

Crab Bisque

I’ve been to Boston and back and this stuff might just give every bisque there a run for their money!

Black Angus Filet Mignon ala Portobella

Wow. Uh… speechless. Jackson Grill has easily slid into one of the top three spots on my list for most incredible steaks! It had such a great charred taste that at first I thought they must have a wood fired grill, but we didn’t really smell that on the walk to the front door. So maybe they use cast iron skillets but if so, I would think that the temperature would’ve been more even throughout the entire cut of steak. So I have no idea how they do it, but it’s perfect and delicious and surprisingly affordable… I will be back for this!

Pasta Carbonara

I never thought I’d say this but maybe a little heavy on the bacon.

People found this by searching for: Jackson Grill Milwaukee Wi, Jackson's Restaurant, Milwaukee, Wi, Jackson Grill Milwaukee, Jackson Grill Milwaukee Menu, Jackson Grill Menu, Jackson Street Grill Milwaukee, and Directions To Jackson Grill In Milw Wisc.

The Capital Grille