Call 3736 W Mitchell St
Milwaukee, WI 53215-1730
Neighborhoods: Burnham Park

Cuisine: Steakhouse, Steak, American

Jackson Grill is a Steakhouse, Steak, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Pros
"we love the menu and the food is outstanding "
drsecond photo

drsecond

Rochester, WI

Best Steakhouse in Milwaukee

Tonight was our fifth visit to Jackson Grill and we were not disappointed. Our last visit, we discovered that they had opened up a patio dining area, so we called ahead to reserve a spot. As I walked inside to let them know we were there, the owner, the chef, and the bartender all greeted me by name. Amazing after so few visits. I ordered a flatiron steak, while my wife ordered the pan fried walleye. Cooked perfectly, the flatiron steak was tender and served with roasted garlic and a portobello mushroom. Very deliciious! The walleye was served with topped with almonds and was very delicate and sweet. The salads served are first rate, including field greens, grape tomatoes, red onions, pepperoncini and pepperoni. All the dressings are house made and include french cognac and romano peppercorn. The best part however, is the mac and cheese side. Farfalle pasta with a sharp creamy sauce, topped with shaved parmesan and crunchy breadcrumbs. To die for!

Saloon Steak

Perfectly cooked and delicious

lb8er photo

lb8er

Jackson Grill - Old Supper Club Feel

Our group from The Restaurant Circle held out menuism dinner at the Jackson Grill. On the outside, you would never guess that the inside is an old supper club feel. Some of us almost drove right by. The place is a bit small, but makes you feel at home. Our group had a drink at the friendly bar while we waited for our table. Once at the table, we had very good service, While some opted for the steaks, I went with the scallops with butternut squash risotto. There were 4 very large scallops on the plate, seared just right, and the risotto was creamy good! This place was a nice dining surprise.

scallops

I selected the scallops with butternut squash risotto. here were 4 very large scallops on the plate, seared just right, and the risotto was creamy good!

bwrighterbee photo

bwrighterbee

Traditional Supper Club

I recently went with a group of 7 for dinner at Jackson Grill. l I really enjoyed the meal and would recommend it with the caveat that it is on the pricier side and does not have the ambiance you would assume would go along with that.

They have a very small selection of appetizers. a wider variety of steaks to choose from that come with a side and a salad as well as a few pasta and seafood options. This is not the place to take your Vegan friends.

The service was friendly and prompt. The scallop dish I had was perfectly prepared and had a lovely risotto served with it. I did not have any appetizers or desserts so I cannot comment on those. Everyone in the party seemed very pleased with their meals and the desserts looked beautiful.

Anita4718 photo

Anita4718

Racine, WI

Jackson Grill, A True Wisconsin Supper Club

Our group from The Restaurant Circle choose to hold our Menuism… event at the Jackson Grill. For most of our group it was the first visit. Recognized as one of Milwaukee Top 30 restaurants by The Journal Sentinel food critic Carol Deptolla.

The outside of the restaurant is very unassuming, almost driving by it. The restaurant can seat only up to 30 people, so reservations are a must. The inside decor is charming complete with Brandy Old Fashioned Sweet served at the bar.

Supper clubs are a big part of Wisconsin food culture.

scallops

The restaurant specializes in Black Angus Beef and Kobe Beef.
Part of our group ordered steak but I went with the scallops.

The dish came with 4 large scallops, with butternut squash rissoto, and parsnip crisps topping. The scallops were done to perfection. Either salad or soup is included in the pricing.

Our group ordered 3 deserts to share; Bananas Foster, Creme Brule with toffee chips and a sky high Napoleon. All were exquisite.

RussR photo

RussR

Jackson Grill

Supper club restaurant, which only seats around 30 patrons.

Black Angus Filet Mignon ala Portobella

I had the 6 oz filet which was cooked as requested and very tender. While very good it seemed to be missing something that set it apart from others. The potatoes were great as was the soup. I would go back again.

Madryn photo

Madryn

Jackson Grill

Overall a very good experience. Would I go back…I haven’t decided yet. The conversation was wonderful as always…a great group of people.

tourenados au poiuve

My 3 medallions of tenderloin were all cooked to different temp.’s, from mr, to m, to wd. Very dissappointing, considering the cost. The potates were good, and for my salad, my crutons were all on the bottom of the salad (not the norm right?). This worked very well with the dressing I choose: some bourbon vinegarette-ish type, not a thicker based dressing; results were remarkable as the crutons soaked up all that flavor at the bottom…YUMMY! Wether or not this was intentionable, but it sure worked for me!!☺☺ The dessert we ordered was excellent-I shared a coffee toffee brulee, plenty for sharing! I should have taken one to go. Overall I expected more from this establishment, given past very positive reviews, and price point too.

douglasd photo

douglasd

Hidden Gem !

Jackson Grill is a hidden gem on Milwaukee’s southside. Located on S 38th and W Mitchell, it’s tucked away in a residential neighborhood with adjacent commercial properties. Milwaukeean’s with long memories or grey hair (like myself) will remember Ray’s Jackson’s on Bluemound, a long time favorite supper club near County Stadium.
Chef Jimmy Jackson continues in his father’s footsteps with a great restaurant.
The restaurant specializes in steak and pasta dishes. Sizes for steaks runs from 6 oz to 16 oz, with choices in between. I chose the 10 oz filet mignon and it was splendid.

I couldn’t resist the coffee toffee crème brulee and I wasn’t disappointed. It’s an ideal size for sharing and would be more than enough for one.
The restaurant has limited seating but that adds to the cozy atmosphere. Our group of eight was not a problem for the kitchen to keep up with and food arrived quickly.
Our waitress was even kind enough to tally separate checks for our group and was attentive to our needs throughout the meal.
Great place that demonstrates the value of classic food done well along with Milwaukee hospitality.

Black Angus Filet Mignon ala Portobella

Nicely seared but medium rare, it was just as good as I imagined. Dinners include soup or salad plus a side. I was tempted to try to the duck fat french fries appetizers but had more than enough food with my entrée. In fact, I saved some of the steak to take home.
Steak was accompanied with a large portabella mushroom that complimented the steak perfectly and helped with the au jus.

Coffee Toffee Brulee

Coffee and toffee topping added a new taste to the standard crème brulee. Dish was perfect for sharing with another

luvtworoam photo

luvtworoam

Waukesha, WI
Jackson Grill 5.0

Great intimate local steak house

A trip to Jackson Grill was a birthday gift from our kids. Sitting at the bar enjoying cocktails prior to the meal was very nice. Good house wine (decent pour as well) and a fine Bloody Mary according to hubs. 3 had steaks and I had the fish with gnocchi. Yum, yum, yum! My portion was so big I had an entire meal (which I ate 2 days later) as leftovers and the fish was just as firm reheated. The others loved their steaks and were members of the clean plate club! I had a taste of my hubby’s and it melted in my mouth, as did the mushrooms with it. They are pricey for sure but the service, portions and food are worth it. Plans in the works for this to be a “birthday” tradition.

eryngo photo

eryngo

Go. Just... go!

Funny thing… Capital Grille is not on Capital Street, Mason Street Grill is on Mason Street and Jackson Grill has nothing to do with Jackson Street… or any other street for that matter. Owned by Chef Jimmy Jackson, this tiny place nestled in a residential neighborhood is Zagat rated and has made both Getto’s and Deptolla’s Top 30 numerous times. What more do you need to know? Oh… just be sure to make reservations. They have a total of ten tables.

Mac & Cheese at Jackson Grill

Mac & Cheese

Loved the crunchy topping!

Escargot with Garlic Butter at Jackson Grill

Escargot with Garlic Butter

Different… I think I’m used to just scooping them out and popping them into my mouth. The portabella mushroom- while very tasty- was also slightly distracting.

Cajun BBQ Shrimp Cocktail at Jackson Grill

Cajun BBQ Shrimp Cocktail

Yep… I’ll be back for this. Served with remoulade, horseradish and cocktail sauces, our server was right. The only sauce you’ll want is the one it’s already in!

with Hot Bacon Vinaigrette - Side Salad at Jackson Grill

Side Salad

The greens were not impressive but the salad came with plenty of red onions (my weakness) and the hot bacon vinaigrette was great!

Crab Bisque at Jackson Grill

Crab Bisque

I’ve been to Boston and back and this stuff might just give every bisque there a run for their money!

Black Angus Filet Mignon ala Portobella

Wow. Uh… speechless. Jackson Grill has easily slid into one of the top three spots on my list for most incredible steaks! It had such a great charred taste that at first I thought they must have a wood fired grill, but we didn’t really smell that on the walk to the front door. So maybe they use cast iron skillets but if so, I would think that the temperature would’ve been more even throughout the entire cut of steak. So I have no idea how they do it, but it’s perfect and delicious and surprisingly affordable… I will be back for this!

Pasta Carbonara at Jackson Grill

Pasta Carbonara

I never thought I’d say this but maybe a little heavy on the bacon.

South side Steakhouse Steak

Jackson Grill  Restaurant Reviews

• 12/27/2014 - A diner tried it.
  • 05/09/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'we love the menu and the food is outstanding '
People found this by searching for: Jackson Grill Milwaukee Menu, Jackson Grill Milwaukee Wi, Jackson Grill Reviews, Jackson Grill Milwaukee, Jackson Grill Menu, Jackson Street Grill Milwaukee, and Jackson's Restaurant, Milwaukee, Wi.