Call 8324 Oak St
New Orleans, LA 70118
Neighborhoods: Leonidas

Cuisine: Creole, Seafood, German

Jacques-Imo's is a Creole, Seafood, and German restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Alligator Cheesecake and Chicken Remoulade were outstanding. "
BradKincaide photo

BradKincaide

Toronto, ON
Jacques-Imo's 2.0

I was told I had to try this place, so while I was in New...

I was told I had to try this place, so while I was in New Orleans I headed up past the Garden District to give it a try.
It’s very popular with the locals, so expect a wait.

After looking over the menu, I realized it wasn’t the best idea to head here without looking at a menu, it was mostly seafood (that looked fantatic) but I just don’t eat it.

I settled for a chicken dish that was quite good, but it was very clear seafood was the specialty.

sparklovesnola photo

sparklovesnola

Charlottesville, VA
Jacques-Imo's 5.0

Yum... Yum... YUMMY!

You people are CRAZY! I’m from New Orleans and take EVERY ONE of my out of town guests here. I have for the last 8 years since I left.

The cheesecake appetizer, the duck, the fried chicken, the atmosphere. Hands down the best in the world. Incroyable. That’s creole French. Because the people who wrote the previous reviews are probably from Canada.

So be sure to hit up the Maple Leaf for a drink or two after (down the street) and have an incredible night at Jacques Imo’s.

_SLN

Paneed Duck

emig00 photo

emig00

Love it!

I agree with sparklovesnola!!!!!! I love absolutly love this place and i am born and raised here too. The fun atmosphere and the food is great. I always get the blakened red fish with the white beans and red beans for my side dishes. The white beans are awesome! We also always get the alligator cheese cake! It is soooooooo GOOD!

We have never had a bad meal here.

Nolachef sounds like a chef who is mad becuase all of the business is at Jaquimos!

Go early or you will have to wait a long time. They take reservations only if you have 5 or more people!

I gave it 4 stars because of the long wait, it can get hot in there, and loud.

Blackened Red Fish

Best red fish i have had in a long time!

nolachef photo

nolachef

Jacques-Imo's 1.0

the only reason i believe so many people enjoy this place...

the only reason i believe so many people enjoy this place is the owner gets them drunk while they wait for their table. this man just creates a greatest hits of new orleans restaurants and passes them off as his own. not worth the time or money.

NC_Chevalier photo

NC_Chevalier

Raleigh, NC

4 of 4 stars: memorable, casual dining

(see explanation of ratings below)

When we checked in with the hostess, we were told there was a 20 minute wait.

“What about those two tables at the front door?” we asked.

“They’re a bit chilly [in the dead of winter], but they’re yours if you want them.”

“Yes!”

Smothered chicken was just okay. Quail stuffed with bacon, mushrooms, spinach, foie gras and cranberries was awesome!

Get the Godzilla (when in season)!

About $45 person, with drinks and gratuity.

About my ratings:

Only fine dining establishments can garner five stars. Until menuism realizes that a fast food joint cannot possibly be ranked equally with a $100 per person place, I need to draw the line somewhere. If we were only talking about the quality and presentation of the food, it would be a different story. But, as we know, menuism’s rankings take into account the entire dining experience.

Therefore, I divide restaurants into three categories (and I wish menuism would do the same):

1) fast food (no table service)

2) casual dining (table service)

3) fine dining (linen napkins, no plastic cups, no TV’s in dining room, typically more expensive than casual dining)

Fine dining can earn a max of five stars. Casual dining can earn a max of four stars. Fast food can earn a max of three stars.

Quail at Jacques-Imo's

Quail

Perfect.

March 5, 2010

Fun Place To Eat!

Jacques-Imo's is fun, filling and represents the area well. The food is good and they can accompany groups of any size. Great place to eat!

Creole Good for groups Takeout
Tips
  • A limited reservation policy (parties of five or better) gives larger groups an advantage: couples should arrive closer to opening (5:30pm).
  • Smaller parties are in for long waits (one to two hours) most nights, but the staff accommodates with alternate waiting spaces: sidewalk seating and the nearby Maple Leaf Bar.
  • Each oversized entree comes with your choice of two huge side veggies and a complimentary spinach/oyster salad.
Fleurdeuxle

RosaMathai

Jacques-Imo's  Restaurant Reviews

• 05/04/2013 - A diner from Carriere, MS tried it and liked it.
  • 09/06/2013 - A diner tried it.
  • 10/26/2013 - A diner from Alpharetta, GA tried it and liked it.
  • 12/29/2013 - A diner tried it and liked it.
  • 03/24/2015 - A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Alligator Cheesecake and Chicken Remoulade were outstanding. '
Jacques-Imo's is located near the cities of Gretna.
People found this by searching for: Jacquamo New Orleans, Jacques Imo's Menu, Jaquimos Menu, Jacques Imo's New Orleans Menu, Jaquimos, Jacques Imo's Drink Menu, Jacques Imo's Menu, and Jaquimos New Orleans.