Jalapeno Tree

972-329-9560

1530 N Peachtree Rd ( )

Mesquite, TX 75149-1356

Description: Jalapeno Tree is a Lunch, Mexican, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: Incognito Critic, Parking, Outdoor seating, Dinner, Lunch, Good for groups, Takeout, Good For Kids, Mexican, and Breakfast
  • 1 dish entered by diners at Jalapeno Tree
Diner Log for Jalapeno Tree:
  • 05/25/2013 - A diner from Dallas, TX hasn't been here but wants to try it.
  • 06/15/2013 - A diner tried it and liked it.
  • 10/20/2013 - A diner from Baldwin Park, CA tried it and liked it.

Reviews for Jalapeno Tree

Jalapeno Tree

3.0

Jalapeno Tree - Two Faced

Jalapeno Tree – REVISITED!

Rapid Dose (For those of you in a hurry!)
Do you play Russian roulette? If you go to the Jalapeno Tree, you do! Please don’t bother going if you are in the mood for customer service, because you might not get lucky enough to have an efficient server. If you only care about some good Mexican food, and lots of food to fill you up – go and indulge yourself.

Review:
The Jalapeno Tree is much like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. If you have read the previous review about the Jalapeno Tree (go to www.incognitocritic.blogspot.com), you will see that it was very good! I enjoyed it so much, that is where I picked to go eat for my birthday. It is just too bad the employees at the Jalapeno Tree had to muss it all up.

It still took forever to be seated. There was no reason why it should have taken that long – it was not busy. (Actually, there is a reason, and it will be revealed to you shortly.) We finally go our seat, and to make a long story short, it took a ridiculously long time for our waitress to make it to our table, to get our drinks, and to get our refills. (I am normally a very patient person. I got upset because it seemed that our waitress had a “favorite” table that she devoted all of her attention to… and we were an inconvenience.)

As usual, the chefs deserve an A+. The food was delicious, and I still think they should serve the butter sauce for a drink.

However, while we were waiting for our check (which took about 15 minutes after we were done eating), the manager came and asked us if we wanted a refill. We told him what we all had, then about 5 minutes later, a different server came by and dropped off our drinks. Not one of the drinks was correct. The server told us that he brought us what the manager told him we wanted…

So THAT must be where the poor service was coming from. The MANAGER.

We gulped down our drinks, and the check came. (Finally!) I went to the restroom before we left and WHO DID I SEE IN THERE TALKING ON HER CELLPHONE?!

THE GIRL THAT IS SUPPOSED TO SIT PEOPLE AT THEIR TABLES WHEN THEY COME IN. Ah Ha! It all began to make sense! She is always to busy being a chatty Cathy to take time out to actually DO HER JOB.

I give the Jalapeno Tree 5 out of 10 points. The service was horrid. Sorry chefs, you deserve a 10.

P.S. To the owner / manager of this Jalapeno Tree… Consistency is VERY IMPORTANT! I will be doing another review… what kind of postcard to you want next time? I guarantee that I am not the only person who notices the faux pas – but I am the only one telling THE WORLD about it.

fajitas for two