Jar

mh2mh photo

mh2mh

Jar 3.0

kind of boring

Of course, I shoulda gone to Jar before my onset of boredom with American food.

We went for brunch. I kept thinking the pot roast surely must be pork. But no, it’s beef. There was nothing else for me to eat. That is, nothing else looked interesting to me. It came down to the chilaquiles or lobster benedict. I couldn’t bring myself to pay $12 for chilaquiles. So instead, I paid $16 for the lobster benedict.

They tried to jazz up eggs benedict:
Lobster: great idea.
House made char siu: nice touch, it was ok.
Pea leaves: I love love pea leaves. Love the fresh sweetness, love the texture, how the tender leaves hold their texture even after cooking. But the problem is, that beautiful sweetness overpowered everything. It rendered the lobster bearnaise completely flavorless. And it completely dominates my memory of this dish.
Plus I’ve had pea leaves and char siu hundreds of times, so it just wasn’t special. The eggs were perfectly poached.

My $12 bloody mary was an overpriced disappointment. The $4 coffee was very good.
I thought most of the brunch items were overpriced. The dinner menu doesn’t appeal to me either.

La Brea American Steakhouse
Sun-Sat 05:30PM - 11:00PM

From OpenTable:

Jar, the highly acclaimed restaurant by Chef Suzanne Tracht, is a modern day chophouse which fares great appetizers and salads, a la carte Broilers & Roasts, Braises & Sautes, supplemented by an array of sides and sauces, and dessert. Chef Suzanne Tracht and Chef de Cuisine Preech Narkthong continue to create a contemporary American cuisine with dishes that appeal to everyone. The room is infused with the artistry and flair of a 1940's Supper Club and the signature dishes have brought rave reviews for almost a decade. Be sure to join us for a stylish Brunch menu every Sunday, or a last minute dinner at Jar Bar / Lounge. Check our website for menus and more.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Carlitos Gardel

Argentinean in Mid City West

Upstairs 2

Mediterranean in West Los Angeles

Jar is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Jar Beverly Review, Jar West Hollywood Pics, Jar Restaurant Fairfax Suzanne Tracht, Jar Beverly Blvd Menu, Jar Restaurant Beverly Blvd Brunch Reviews, Jar Los Angeles Char Siu, and Jar Restaurant In West Los Angeles.