847-824-2778

1440 Rand Rd ( )

Des Plaines, IL 60016

Description: Jimmy's Restaurant is a Family Dining, Diner, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Family Dining, Diner, Breakfast, American, Delivery, Varied American menu, Family Friendly Atmosphere, Good For Kids, and American Diner
  • 214 dishes entered by diners at Jimmy's Restaurant

Overall: 100%    Food: 100%    Service: 100%    Ambiance: 100%
Pros

• "Good food, good service. "

Reviews for Jimmy's Restaurant

Jimmy's Never Disappoints!

Jimmy’s Restaurant has never disappointed me in the 5 years I’ve been dining there. Friday evening I enjoyed dinner at Jimmy’s with friends and noticed some impressive remodeling, including the beautifully furnished patio outside as well as classy new menus with added food choices. As always, our waiter was friendly and efficient and Jimmy came to our table to welcome us. Jimmy’s prices are so reasonable. My two friends and I ordered cocktails, wine, a shared appetizer (excellent saganaki), and entrées including salad and dessert, and paid only $25 each (not counting the tip). With its warm and cozy décor Jimmy’s is a great restaurant to meet my friends or bring my family.

Shrimp Creole

My shrimp creole was perfect—the shrimp had a nice crisp bite and was presented over a mound of rice surrounded by broccoli.

In the past, I’ve also enjoyed Jimmy’s chicken breast lemonato, macadamia nut-encrusted tilapia and breaded pork cutlet, to name a few, and everything has always tasted delicious.

4.0

Family style done right!

Jimmy’s presents a great selection – you can please everyone by going here. It’s a simple, family style restaurant but the service is friendly, the food is good, and prices are right!

A Great Family Restaurant & More

Whether you are a large party or having a quiet dinner, Jimmy’s is the place. The staff imparts a real feeling of warmth and caring for a successful dining experience for each customer. Jimmy himself, is personable and accessable, always attending to his customer’s total satisfaction with the “Jimmy’s” dining experience…a real pleasure in this day of fast food corporate restaurants. Oh…did I say that the menu is extensive, something for everyone, good cooking at a very reasonable price!!! Try the New Zealand lamb chops…excellent! Try the Sports Bar or the Garden Patio…two cozy and wonderful areas to enjoy the game or alfresco dining!!!

New Zealand Lamb Chops

Athenian Style…absolutely delicious

Add/Show Comments (1)

June 22, 2009

The Best Restaurant Ever!!!!

I love this place! I just moved in the area and my friend and I went to eat dinner and It was delicious! I got the mini-kabobs with pita and the tzaziki sauce! mmmm definitly a place you should try!

Jimmy's Restaurant is located near the cities of Rosemont, Park Ridge, Mount Prospect, Elk Grove, and Mt Prospect.
People found this by searching for: Breakfast, Desplaines, Il., $10 Breakfast Near Des Plaines Il, Jimmysdesplaines Il, Jimmy's Restaurant Des Plaines, Jimmy's Restaurant, Jimmy's Des Plaines, Jimmey;S Restaurant In Mt.. Prospect, Il, Jimmy's Restaurant In Des Plaines, and Jimmy's Restaurant Des Plaines Il.

4fd408fd5f271392a6c9b9d5ab5c21d