Johnnie Mae's Seafood and Grille

106 Carter St
Vidalia, LA 71373-3302
(Between N Magnolia St/LA-131 and N Spruce St/S Spruce St)

Cuisine: Seafood, American

Johnnie Mae's Seafood and Grille is a Seafood and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Food was good. Waiter-Hector and waitress-Samantha very pleasant and excellent servers!"
"Crawfish topped fried green tomatoes are to die for!!!"
"Great food. Traditional and new interpretations on seafood, soul and Louisiana recipes. Staff is fast and friendly. I am a local, and this is one of my favorite spots."
"We showed up with 17. We were seated quickly and service was on point. "
" have been to this restustrant about 2 times a month as a traveling salesman an have always found it to be great."
Cons
"N/a"
oysterlover photo

oysterlover

Lafayette, LA
Johnnie Mae's Seafood and Grille 5.0

seafood gumbo and fried green tomatoes topped with crawfish

absolutely the best seafood gumbo and the fried green tomatoes smothered in crawfish a-2-fay is to die for; only thing better is oysters on the half shell which they do not serve.

cup of seafoof gumbo

very thick with flour based rue, great

fried green tomatoes with crawfish topping

wonderful, would make the 3 hour drive from Lafayette just to get this dish.

LoveToTravel photo

LoveToTravel

Memphis, TN
Johnnie Mae's Seafood and Grille 1.0

Sandbar is a sand trap!!

We went to Natchez, MS and decided to eat across the MS River. This is the second time we have done this. The first time was a few years ago. NEVER AGAIN! I had forgotten that everything on the menu was fried. The waitress gave us the lunch menu and I specifically pointed to the lunch item I wanted, as well as my husband. We were advised there was no slaw today. What fish restaurant serves fish without having slaw!! We were given our food. My husband said the stuffed crab was fine and my sandwich was ok. However, the hushpuppies, at best, were salt-free cornbread dough fried. – no onions, no spices. They were terrible!! When we went to pay, the cashier asked how it was. I very politely said it was a disappointment this time and they were out of slaw. She said “I heard that – I need to go see what is up with that!” This was at 1PM. Then when she rang up the order, they gave us dinner prices. They said we should have know because the crab for lunch is only 2 and for dinner it is 3. And just how did they think we should have known this when we ordered off of the lunch menu??? And they did nothing to corriect this. On top of that I had overhead someone else say something about the same thing happening earlier. The waitress was ok – nothing special, the food was ok – nothing special, but the management is terrible!! I will never eat there again and wouldn’t recommend it to anyone else!

fish sandwich

Buy Now 60% off
Image-5836378-10451612
Fish Seafood Fried

Johnnie Mae's Seafood and Grille  Restaurant Reviews

• 03/16/2013 - A diner from Baton Rouge, LA tried it and liked it.
  • 04/12/2013 - A diner from Mc Intosh, AL tried it.
  • 09/13/2013 - A diner from Soso, MS tried it and liked it.
  • 01/22/2014 - A diner tried it.
  • 01/28/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: ' have been to this restustrant about 2 times a month as a traveling salesman an have always found it to be great.'
  • 04/07/2014 - A diner tried it.
  • 04/20/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 07/11/2014 - A diner tried it.
  • 01/18/2015 - A diner tried it.
  • 03/13/2015 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Great food. Traditional and new interpretations on seafood, soul and Louisiana recipes. Staff is fast and friendly. I am a local, and this is one of my favorite spots.'
  • 04/10/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 04/27/2015 - A diner tried it.
  • 05/19/2015 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Crawfish topped fried green tomatoes are to die for!!!'
  • 05/30/2015 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Food was good. Waiter-Hector and waitress-Samantha very pleasant and excellent servers!'
Johnnie Mae's Seafood and Grille is located near the cities of Natchez and Andalusia.
People found this by searching for: Sandbar Vidalia La Menu, Sandbar Restaurant Vidalia La, The Sandbar Vidalia La, Johnnie Mae's Vidalia La Menu, The Sandbar Restaurant Vidalia La, Sandbar Restaurant Vidalia La Menu, Sandbar Natchez Ms, and The Sandbar Vidalia La Menu.