Johnny Trauth's Seafood Bistro

2121 25th St
Kenner, LA 70062

Cuisine: Seafood, Lounge, American

Johnny Trauth's Seafood Bistro is a Seafood, Lounge, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"0 is actually the star rating.The food and service was horrible and nasty. Will never return again.Dont waste your money or time. They don't care about you. They just want your money. They should be closed down or burnt down or blown up. You no "
"Took over an hour to get the food which taste horrible"
"we went about 3 or 4 time and everything was good.the waiter was very friendly "
"Good food good people"
"I work at a nursing home in walking distance of the restaurant I walk some of the residents to Trauth's once a month not too many people are waiting we made it at 11:30 AM we didn't eat until almost 1:00 PM the the food is not tasty at all the sof"
"Great Gumbo!"
Cons
"Slow slow slow! Over priced and rude service! "
"Everything was good. "
todAnthony photo

todAnthony

Houma, LA
Johnny Trauth's Seafood Bistro 5.0

Johnny Trauth's Rocks

Searched up and down Vet’s and Williams looking for someplece new when shopping in the city. We are from Houma, about 70 miles from this place. Picked this place out of the blue. Catfish was awesome and everything was great. Went back a month later. AYCE Snow Crabs is the special. I hate eating crabs because i suck at peeling them… too much work for the little meat. But I never had snowcrabs. Wife wants the catfish again and talks me into the crabs so we can swap if I dont like them. They were friggin AWESOME. Everyone in that joint was tearing up crabs left and right. Even if I didn’t have business in New Orleans we would make the drive from Houma for their menu.

We will return and I wanna try their steak next time.

AYCE Snow Crabs

kathyann

St Rose, LA
Johnny Trauth's Seafood Bistro 1.0

Terrible

Received a voucher as a gift, looked forward to eating there. Went tonight and was so disappointed. I got a very overpriced seafood platter ($20.00) which should have been overflowing with seafood instead I got six to seven very small butterfly shrimp, small overfired greasy oysters, a few strips of fish and one small stuffed crab. Also in addition my girlfriend got a wilted salad (out of a bag) with one rotten cherry tomato in it. That got sent back. The hush puppies were raw and tasteless. Very horrible food experience. We will never go back there again and we will never recommend this restuarant to anyone else!!!

MelissaP75 photo

MelissaP75

Johnny Trauth's Seafood Bistro 2.0

Don't waste your money!!!

Went there last night with a group of 6 friends for someone’s birthday. Service was horrible, food prep time was rather slow, and the portions were less than average for the price. This is my third time there (and I’m a local) and I must say that I will not return. Go an extra mile to Stingray’s by Esplanade Mall. You will not be disappointed!!!!

malinko photo

malinko

Johnny Trauth's Seafood Bistro 1.0

Management Treats Customers Like Jerks

I’m hoping to tell my story about the terrible experience I received from Johnny Trauth tonight. My sister ordered this crab finger meal with some type of Italian dressing drizzled over it, and it truly was unappetizing. In fact, it was gross. It was cold and chewy, and the entire meal was simply bad. So, we called the waitress over and asked if we could have the fried crab fingers instead. The waitress obliged and took the original meal back to the kitchen. Note, my sister had eaten only 1 bite as did I. The meal was virtually uneaten when the waitress brought it back. At the end of the meal, I looked at the bill and realized they had charged us for the original meal that the waitress returned to the kitchen. I ask the waitress to please remove it from the bill since we clearly had not eaten it, it was terrible, and she had removed it from the table on her own. Shortly after, a man who I assume is was Johnny Trauth, comes out and tries to convince us that his food was not the problem, the problem was with us. He tried to convince us that other people liked that dish and so we should have too. I told him that the waitress had removed it from the table and we never even ate it, but he didn’t care. He insisted that we pay for it any way. I told him that if he insists we pay the $9, then I wanted the meal back and I promised to never return. He thought that was a great idea. He was actually happy with the idea of returning to the kitchen to remake that terrible meal so that he could force us to pay for it. I patiently waited for the waitress to return with the uneaten, awful meal that we did not want in the first place, and promptly left. No, I didn’t leave with that awful dish. It remained behind, once again uneaten. I can’t recall having such a terrible experience with a business before. This truly was an unbelievable experience and the audacious actions of this small business owner will not be overlooked. I hope that anyone that eats here knows that Johnny Trauth does not care about the customer. He is rude and ugly to his customers and carries a strong tone of arrogance when he addresses them. If you like to be treated like a jerk, please eat here. If not, try some place else.

Homee2010 photo

Homee2010

Johnny Trauth's Seafood Bistro 3.0

Used to be better

Just got back from Trauths…
Waitress was quite pleasant. AYCE catfish was mostly tasteless, and it’s been good for years. A little disappointed there.

BBQ shrimp was a disappointment: small shrimp swimming in a mildly-flavored sauce that was covered in a 1/2" layer of oil. NOT GOOD!!!

Shrimp salad was OK, nothing spectacular.

All-in-all, the food quality seems to have declined in the last 2 years. Probably won’t be back….

AYCE Catfish

Catfish was nicely cooked, but with a tasteless breading. Used to be much more tasty.

BBQ shrimp

Small shrimp swimming in a mildy-flavored sauce, which mostly couldn’t stick to the shrimp because of a 1/2" layer of oil floating on the surface of the bowl. I wanted to send it back, but my sister-in-law declined to do so .

Shrimp salad

Nothing spectacular, just average here.

dcd416 photo

dcd416

Diamondhead, MS
Johnny Trauth's Seafood Bistro 5.0

The Real Thing

we’ve lived on the coast all our lives and do know who’s who in the seafood business. Johnny Trauth’s Seafood Bristo is most certainly the top of the line for catfish, poboys, hot wings, and atmosphere. No better hospitality could be asked for from a restaurant staff. By chance we were given a tour of the kitchen and and storage areas. I had worked as a manager in fast food years ago when I married my first wife so I do remember what is suppose to be and what is not suppose to be. Johnny’s was by far excellent. Clean , fresh food and preparation areas and spotless food storage and food quality. Everything fresh and properly stored for the best quality preparation. The food was so delicious. I am considered to be a picky eater especially when it comes to seafood but the shrimp poboy was just melting in my mouth. Melting to soon since it was topped with the real thing in seafood. That is the tartar sauce . It is the “REAL tartar sauce from New Orleans”. I grew up with the tartar sauce from the world famous restaurants of New Orleans and the sauce at Johnny Trauth’s Seafood is equal or better than any I have ever tasted.
In my opinion, in the south , if anyone does not know the value of quality tartar sauce in a seafood dinner, then they do not know seafood. The atmosphere and cozy, tasteful sea themed bar top off a wonderful place to eat and relax. It is near the airport and Williams Blvd so we had a chance to check it out on the way from the airport after dropping off a relative who was catching a flight out of New Orleans.

Shrimp Poboy

Plenty to eat. Had to take some home in a takeout bag.

Seafood Video Poker Tartar Sauce

Johnny Trauth's Seafood Bistro  Restaurant Reviews

• 04/11/2013 - A diner tried it and liked it.
  • 04/21/2013 - A diner from Houston, TX tried it and liked it.
  • 06/26/2013 - A diner from Metairie, LA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 06/29/2013 - A diner tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Great Gumbo!'
  • 07/24/2013 - A diner from Saint Rose, LA tried it.
  • 08/03/2013 - A diner from Destrehan, LA tried it.
  • 08/31/2013 - A diner from Marksville, LA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Pros: 'I work at a nursing home in walking distance of the restaurant I walk some of the residents to Trauth's once a month not too many people are waiting we made it at 11:30 AM we didn't eat until almost 1:00 PM the the food is not tasty at all the sof'
  • 09/05/2013 - A diner from Lucedale, MS tried it.
  • 09/21/2013 - A diner from Metairie, LA tried it.
  • 09/30/2013 - A diner from Frisco, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 01/19/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 02/17/2014 - A diner tried it.
  • 03/07/2014 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 03/08/2014 - A diner tried it.
  • 03/14/2014 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Good food good people'
  • 04/01/2014 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/13/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 05/19/2014 - A diner tried it and liked it.
  • 06/12/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 07/01/2014 - A diner tried it.
  • 07/03/2014 - A diner from New York, NY tried it.
  • 07/25/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'we went about 3 or 4 time and everything was good.the waiter was very friendly '
    Cons: 'Everything was good. '
  • 07/28/2014 - A diner tried it and liked it. They didn't like the food.
  • 08/27/2014 - A diner tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Cons: 'Slow slow slow! Over priced and rude service! '
  • 10/08/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 02/18/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Pros: '0 is actually the star rating.The food and service was horrible and nasty. Will never return again.Dont waste your money or time. They don't care about you. They just want your money. They should be closed down or burnt down or blown up. You no '
  • 03/21/2015 - A diner tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/18/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 04/23/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.
  • 05/04/2015 - A diner tried it.
  • 06/05/2015 - A diner tried it.
  • 06/05/2015 - A diner tried it.
  • 07/12/2015 - A diner from Kenner, LA tried it.
Johnny Trauth's Seafood Bistro is located near the cities of River Ridge and Elmwood.
People found this by searching for: Johnny Trauth's, Johnny Trauth's Seafood Bistro, Trauth's Restaurant, Johnny Trauth, Johnny Troughts Menu Metairieohnn, Johnny Trauth's Seafood, and Trauth's.