215-536-7196

50 S West End Blvd ( )

Quakertown, PA 18951-1139

Description: John's Plain and Fancy Diner is a Diner, 24 Hours, and Family Dining restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: Diner, 24 Hours, Family Dining, and American
  • 4 dishes entered by diners at John's Plain and Fancy Diner

Reviews for John's Plain and Fancy Diner

• 4 reviews
  • First reviewed by RJones

3.0

decent food at a reasonable, price 24 hours

Decent food at a reasonable, price 24 hours pretty much sums up the experience at John’s Plain and Fancy Diner. The salad bar is fresh but small, reasonably priced at $5 (discounted if added onto selected items). The dessert selection is extensive and baked on premises. I haven’t tried any of the baked goods but they all look tempting at the counter when you walk in. The menu overall is quite large, with breakfast served at any time and items ranging from Mexican to Italian along with the standard diner items.

Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Not the best Grilled Cheese Sandwich ever, but not shabby either. Served with a heap of potato chips.

Salad Bar

The salad bar was very fresh, I recomend getting it if you are in the mood for salad, but there’s nothing fancy on the salad bar, about 15 options in total on what to put on your salad (carrots, garbanzo, onion, cucumber, tomato, broccoli, cauloflower, spinach, cheddar, and a few pasta salad type items)

2.0

DOWN THE TUBES!

From Morrisville, PA – Used to enjoy coming up to visit family and eating here (over an hour from where we live). We were there over the weekend for an early dinner with family. Salad bar was horrible – watered down dressing, fermented cole slaw and cranberry sauce, hard rolls right out of a supermarket bag and baked manicotti that was prepared in less than 5 minutes from ordering after the first meal ordered wasn’t available – Baked manicotti in less than five minutes is not possible – even nuked – it wasn’t hot or done. My husband had to walk out of the restaurant he was so frustrated. Used to love it – now I don’t know if we’ll ever go back – SHAME ON THEM. What happened to quality control? However, our waitress was great.

4.0

Not Bad at All

Stopped in for dinner from Pocono to Philly. A very large dining area, no wait for table. Everything looked nice and clean even the salad bar which was great. The bread and rolls are a great touch to the bar. Quick service and fair pricing, will definitely stop again.

Salad Bar

It was great. I’m not really a salad guy, but once in while I crave one. I took a chance with this diner that I never been to, on their salad bar, and let me tell you it was everything that I could of craved. It shocked me and it delivered. Greatness

2.0

Disappointing

I ordered a reuben that arrived at my table with a pile of chips. The sandwich looked and smelled delicious but when I tried to bite into it, the meat was so tough I had to cut it into bite sized pieces. Even the knife had trouble getting through the meat! Also, I ordered a kids meal at a little over $5.00. A bit pricey for what was offered. I’ll be skipping this place next time through Quakertown.

Salad Bar

Someone did not take their time to see that the salad bar was prepared well. Huge random cuts and chunks of veggies, whole deformed eggs and VERY chewy bread.

John's Plain and Fancy Diner is located near the cities of Richlandtown and Trumbauersville.
People found this by searching for: John's Diner Quakertown Pa, John's Plain And Fancy Restaurant, John's Plain And Fancy Diner, John's Plain And Fancy Quakertown Pa, John's Plain And Fancy, John's Plain And Fancy Diner Quakertown Pa, and Johns Plain And Fancy Quakertown Pa.

Karlton Cafe
Cold Stone Creamery
Downtown Dogs
Zorro's Mexican Grill

Link to John's Plain and Fancy Diner

John's Plain and Fancy Diner  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%  Food:  100%  Service:  100%  Ambiance:  100%
Pros
  •  "Quick yet calm atmosphere. Nice decor. Food good and inexpensive"