586-939-0260

35219 Dodge Park Rd ( )

Sterling Heights, MI 48312-3924

Description: Jovan's Steak House is a Steak and Raw restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Steak, Poor Service, Disgusting, Stale, Raw, Michigan, Sterling Heights, Jovan'S, Salmon, and Disappointing
  • 3 dishes entered by diners at Jovan's Steak House

Reviews for Jovan's Steak House

• 4 reviews
  • First reviewed by Kelly61

2.0

Not what I expected

As my reservation at another restaurant fell through due to time constraints, I was able to get a reservation at Jovan’s. While the service was good, the food did not meet expectations. We had a group of people and with that came mixed reviews. The BBQ chicken was pretty good, along with the salmon, but where they really fell short was the steak category. Filet was ordered medium and it came out pretty close to rare. Delmonico was ordered medium rare and it came out close to well done. There was no flavor to the steaks at all, as they apparently don’t season them. The Delmonico may have been 1/2 in thick at the most. I was actually embarrassed for even suggesting going here, but I had done so on the recommendation of my uncle. I won’t be going back…..ever.

Fish and Chips

The best on the eastside. Ask for extra tartar sauce.

Their plain onion soup (no cheese) is fantastic.

Fish and Chips

4 pieces, coleslaw, fries and a roll. Very crispy coating. Can’t get in the door during Lent.

Good Food!

Jovan’s catered my daughter’s birthday party (30 adults, 20 kids) and did a spectacular job. We had fried chicken, fish and chips, chicken tenders for the kids and a bunch of sides (coleslaw, potato salad, etc). Each one of my guests came up to my husband and I, raving about the food, wondering where it was from and wanting contact info. The chicken was crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. The fish was phenomenal: crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. My guests came for seconds and thirds. Even the kids came for seconds! Thank you Jovan’s for an incredible feast!

Fried Chicken

The fried chicken is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Perfectly seasoned. Better than I’ve ever had!

2.0

Disappointing Experience

I don’t order out for steak often but when I do I try to go to a reputable location as I really look forward to a good cut of meat, cooked well, served well, tantalizing sides along with a glass of good red wine. I try to make room for dessert afterward. Sometimes it can cost me $50.00 to $60.00 per person to receive an excellent experience.

About two weeks ago my mom and I drove by Jovan’s steak house and she made the comment that they served really good food, especially steak dinners. She had not been there in a really long time.

Tonight mom and I had dinner at Jovan’s. My menu was the only one that came with a ‘specials’ insert. Mom asked our waitress if she took could have a copy of the specials insert and the waitress said that only one insert was allowed per table. This set mom into an ‘I can’t believe it’ mode…can’t say as I blamed her as I later saw a stack of the specials menu’s on the bar.

Mom ordered the Salmon and I ordered the Filet Mignon special 7oz for $15.95. Her Salmon meal cost $11.95. I decided to skip the red wine as I didn’t recognize any of the wine makers and the avg. cost for a glass of wine was $3.95.

The décor reminded me of my prom night in the late 70’s. There were clunky oak tables and booths with maroon and green padded seats…ew.

I ordered my steak medium. The steak was served in a big clump and looked like it was cooked very nicely on the outside but inside it was raw, not bloody, not juicy, RAW. I send the steak back and it returned with a large portion inside raw. I ate around the raw sections. I love ‘juice’ and a lot of pink so I don’t mind eating steak that seems undercooked to many others but… I received a side of peas in a small dish as well as a baked potato. The boring peas were a big disappointment. Both of our meals came with a basket of stale, disgusting ‘bread’. We saw a few flies crawl on the bread…major ew! I’ll never eat bread that looks like it was handled from one guest to the next.

Mom let me taste her salmon, it tasted very fishy.

I wanted so bad to like this place as I want to be supportive of our ailing community but I’ll never return there.

Filiget Mignon

Add/Show Comments (1)

Jovan's Steak House is located near the cities of Sterling Hts, Sterling Heights, Oshkosh, and Clinton Twp.
People found this by searching for: Jovan's Restaurant Menu, Jovan's Sterling Heights, Jovan's Restaurant, Jovan's Steak House Menu, Jovan's Steak House, Jovans Steak House, and Jovan Sterling Heights.

Featured in Sterling Heights

Link to Jovan's Steak House

Jovan's Steak House  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%  Food:  100%  Service:  100%  Ambiance:  95%
Pros
  •  "We had our baby shower at Jovans. and it was amazing. Everyone loved the good. And it was a great price. Highly recommend!!!!!"
  •  "Waitress and quality of food. "
  •  "Fish n Chips are awesome!!!!"
  •  "Everything I've ordered has been the way I ordered it. Staff very friendly, prices fair"
Cons
  •  "No ne. "
  •  "Nothing ~~keep up the good work!!!"
  •  "Sometimes service is slow on very busy evenings"
Comments
  •  "No other comments."