913-498-8888

11920 Metcalf Avenue ( )

Overland Park, KS 66213

Description: Joy Wok is a Chinese, Buffet, and Asian restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: Chinese, Buffet, Asian, and Sushi
  • 1 dish entered by diners at Joy Wok

Reviews for Joy Wok

Joy Wok

Food is good but not going back

Have made many trips to this restaurant in the past….went on 12-17-11 for a late lunch/early dinner….I did not appreciate having to ask for a booth when the restaurant was nearly empty…and I do NOT appreciate being watched over while eating…I felt like I was being watched by school hall monitors and also was rushed to leave although no crowd was forming in the restaurant….Not being aware that the price jumps up a tad at 4pm, my friend got crab legs and was promptly chastised for doing so…and told “NO MORE” in a very nasty way and was watched to make sure more legs were not snatched from the buffet (and she had NO intention of getting more after realizing that the dinner price had kicked in)…The whole visit was a nightmare and sorry to say I will NEVER RETURN.

Add/Show Comments (1)

Such a great place!!!!

Neat atmosphere, great service & the biggest selection of food I’ve ever seen on a Chinese buffet. Bacon wrapped shrimp, a complete sushi bar….. I was in heaven.

Owner is unreasonable

I went to Joy Wok a few weeks ago for Sunday Lunch. On their website, it clearly indicated (and still does several weeks later), that Sunday lunch from 11 AM to 3:30 PM is $9.20 (http://joywokkc.com/var/cc/109779/1430658-flyer-joy-wok3.pdf). Before our party took our seats I asked what the price was simply to confirm. The person at the front desk told me it was $13.12. I told her that the website said it was $9.20 and asked to see a manger. A man came out and unapologetically told me he didn’t know about that and that the price was $13.12. When we pulled up the website on one person’s phone, he simply retorted that the website hadn’t been updated. After he left, I found out from the front desk worker that he was the owner. I asked for his card and sent him an email discussing the issue of him refusing to honor the advertised price. He never responded. I think he failed to realize that “not updating your website” when you change prices is practically identical with false advertising. He presumed that because we were already there we would stay and pay the higher price. We didn’t. We left and went to another restaurant.

Add/Show Comments (1)

Great buffett

This place is great. If you’re in the mood for good chinese, I would highly reccomend Joy Wok. The staff is very friendly and attentive. I’ve been there severl times for lunch and they are totally PACKED. You can’t find any plae that has the variety of sushi that they have for no extra price, it’s all included in the low price of $8.99!

Awesome variety, fresh, piping hot and delicious. Finally a competitor for Fortune Star!

Awesome!

2.0

Buffet with lots of selections and bad service!

Some coworkers and I went to try this out on our lunch one day last week. The buffet is clean and open and well-lit, and there are tons of selections, but the server we had was terrible. Since it’s a buffet, the only thing the servers had to do was refill drinks. Yet I had to pointedly ask her a couple of times for people at the table to refill their glasses.

The food was decent, but I think I prefer Fortune Star Buffet on 119th and Metcalf for Chinese food.

Buffet

The buffet is a cheap $7.95 but the selections they offer are average at best. They have sushi, but it’s not really fresh. They offer lo mein, but it’s made with fettuccine noodles.

All in all, I don’t think I’ll be going back to have their buffet again.

Joy Wok

I was shocked at how great this place is!

Chinese buffet…..yawn. Most are “edible” at best. This place just opened and thought I’d give it a try.
I’ve honestly never had such high quality, delicious chinese food! Such a HUGE buffet variety—sushi bar included, piping hot and fresh tasting—and on a buffet that’s SO rare in itself. The service was “beyond” excellent. Between the four of us, we sampled over 40 differend dishes and ALL were excellent. I don’t think I’ve ever had that happen in my life! Having not even looked at the menu, when the bill came, I was a bit worried that this was really going to set me back a few bucks, simply due to the quality of everything. Would you believe just over $17 for two of us! I’ve not only found my NEW FAVORITE chinese place…..I’ve found one of my new favorite restaurants in all of Kansas City! Absolute perfection….it simply couldn’t have been any better, and I’m usually quite the critic. Only $7.95 per person—-and that included the tax. AMAZING!

Buffet

Everything was absolutely excellent!

-1 0

When i went there to eat, the food was cold and...

When i went there to eat, the food was cold and the waiter was rude and when i asked for a drink refill he pretty much ignored me and went to do something else. I didn’t even get my drink refilled until i was pretty much done eating. Also, when i was eating, i saw 2 mice running into the kitchen and when i told the waiter, he ignored me and i even asked for the manager/owner to complain, and yet again, it took him a long time until i saw him go get the manager/owner. When i told the manager/owner everything, he kept telling me over and over again that there could not be any mice and that i was wrong. The only thing he apologized for was for the waiters behavior. Other than that they did nothing, but went back to “work”. When i left to go home, i did not feel too good, my stomach started hurting. So i would NOT recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Buffet

Joy Wok is located near the cities of Prairie, Prairie Village, Shawnee Mission, Countryside, and Leawood.
People found this by searching for: Joy Wok Menu Overland Park, Joy Wok Overland Park, Joy Wok Overland Park Kansas, Joy Wok Dinner Price, Joy Wok Opks, Joy Wok, Joy Wok Reviews Overland Park, Joy Wok Menu, and Joy Wok Overland Park Ks.

OP 1906
Garozzo's Ristorante
North
Olive Garden
  • star rating
J Gilbert's WOOD Fired Steaks

Link to Joy Wok

Joy Wok  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%  Food:  100%  Service:  87%  Ambiance:  87%
Pros
  •  "Great food. Clean. Nice interior."
Cons
  •  "A little crowded at lunch"
Comments
  •  "Best Chinese buffet I've been to."