Katsuya - Brentwood

11777 San Vicente Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90049

Neighborhoods: West Los Angeles
Cuisine: Sushi, Asian, Fusion

Katsuya - Brentwood is a Sushi, Asian, and Fusion restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

NormandDale photo

NormandDale

Burbank, CA
Katsuya - Brentwood 5.0

Five Star Dining!

I love Katsuya. The experience is top shelf with a great menu of sushi and other dishes that are pretty much some of the best of their kind in the area. You’ll also want to come early and get a drink at the bar. My wife enjoys the different martini’s but I would go with “The Dragon”. I had the crispy soft-shelled crab, very tasty, and their isn’t a roll of sushi I WON’T recommend! Check them out!

Crispy Soft Shelled Crab

KellyLovesToEat photo

KellyLovesToEat

Katsuya - Brentwood 5.0

In the mood for good sushi?

This place has by far the best sushi I have ever had. Their salmon practically melted in my mouth like it was invented to be that way and it left me with only wanting more! I came prepared for an insanely packed restaurant since my friend kept saying “it’s going to be crazy”, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was crowded, but nothing crazy so I was able to enjoy my food with white noise and space. I don’t like going to restaurants where you can’t even hear the person sitting right next to you. This Katsuya was really classy and mellow. Will definitely come here again.

Baked Salmon

Juicy. Melted in my mouth. I can’t type on because it’s making me salivate.

hobbes photo

hobbes

Katsuya - Brentwood 2.0

Zoolander + Sushi = Bad!

At first glance this looks like a very “nice” restaurant. It has all the trimmings of a fancy establishment: haute couture, sleek design, beautiful people, and absurd art. It even has difficult to pronounce dishes with rare delicacies cooked to perfection. However, this restaurant fails for lack of soul.

The majority of the patrons are not here for the food, they’re here to see and be seen. The dining areas are uncomfortable and overly stylized (check out their website for pictures). It’s pretty difficult to enjoy your meal while eating at a high table and seated on a couch or a tree stump.

From what I remember the food was pretty good, but that memory is overshadowed by the ridiculousness and attitude that hangs over everything. That’s not to say that the service is rude, they were quite professional, though clumsy at times, and were very attentive. The ridiculous attitude that I speak of is of the LA variety. For example, instead of having one hostess at the door, they had a harem of young asian women all lined up ready to be chosen. One could easily confuse this as a front for an upscale brothel.

In short, go here to look cool for a price. If you want good food, I suggest the original Katsuya in Studio City. The food is excellent, affordable, and lacks all the pretense. If you want something with a more refined atmosphere I highly recommend Orris or Mako.

katew1 photo

katew1

Ciudad Obregón, SON
Katsuya - Brentwood 4.0

Great "LA" Experience

This is one of my favorite spots to take friends that are visiting LA. The atmosphere is very unique including the decoration and the people.

Love the spicy tuna on crispy rice and the rock shrimp! And their drinks are really great too!

I haven’t had any problems with service, but this place is pretty much always busy which is the only reason I can’t do 5 stars.

Make sure to wear something sexy! There’s lots of great people watching here!!!

Sushi Brentwood Reservations
thesbecollection photo
thesbecollection, the Owner, says:

Katsuya Brentwood, named “Best New Restaurant” by Travel & Leisure in 2007, represents the prodigious pairing of the supreme talents of master sushi chef Katsuya Uechi and world-renowned designer Philippe Starck. Chef Uechi, whom Angeleno Magazine named “Chef of the Year” in 2006, unleashes his culinary artistry with a menu of innovative suchio and robata dishes, served in a sleek wooden bento box setting that is supremely Starck. As Food & Wine Magazine described, it is truly “one of the most exciting restaurants to open in Los Angeles in years.”

From CityGrid:

Katsuya - Brentwood  Restaurant Reviews

• 11/25/2014 - A diner from Mountain View, CA tried it and liked it.
Katsuya - Brentwood is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Katsuya Sushi Brentwood, Katsuya Sawtelle, Parking At Katsuya Brentwood, Katsuya Lunch Special Brentwood, Katsuya Brentwood Menu Pages, Katsuya Delivery, Order Online Katsuya Brentwood, and Katsuya Brentwood Menu.