800-822-4200

139 E Kilbourn Ave ( )

Milwaukee, WI 53202

Neighborhoods: Juneau Town

Description: Kil@Wat is a Contemporary American, Steak, and American (New) restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Contemporary American, Steak, Delivery, American (New), Contemporary, Steakhouse, Seafood, American, Casual Elegant, and Reservations
  • 7 dishes entered by diners at Kil@Wat

From OpenTable:

Kil@wat is Milwaukee's premier dining destination offering illuminating cuisine in a unique atmosphere. The flexible menu allows for traditional dining as well as tapas-style items that are good for sharing. Located in the InterContinental Milwaukee Hotel, the restaurant is convenient for pre and post theatre dining.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Reviews for Kil@Wat

• 3 reviews
  • First reviewed by lb8er

Editorial Review by Gayot »

Excellent service for brunch

It had been a while since I had gone to Kil@wat and this was the first time being there for brunch. My friend and I ordered some muffins to share, one lemon poppy-seed and the other blueberry. They were very fresh and tasty. My friend ordered the bananas foster French toast and I ordered the California Benedict. We were both extremely pleased with our dishes. What was even better was the attentive staff. Our water glasses were always full, the server checked on us often and the manager even stopped by to make sure that everything was OK. I would definitely dine there again.

California Benedict

California Benedict – Jumbo lump crab, poached egg, avocado, english muffin, hollandaise sauce. Usually when I dine out for breakfast/brunch I always order some type of eggs benedict. I would have to say that this one, by far is one of my favorites! I could not believe how much crab was on the dish and it was sweet and so delicious. I think the english muffin might have even been made from scratch. It came with a side of potato hash which was seasoned to perfection. YUM!

4.0

Kilowatt at The Intercontinental, Milwaukee, WI

All in all a good experience. Great company and conversation. Good food. Our waitress was a little distant in the beginning, but totally came around…I guess we’re an intimidating bunch of people…???

Corned beef hash

It was good, just different than what I’m used to. I have had better. Potatoes should have been crispier! However I plan a return visit as they offer the “original Big Boy burger”!!! Now if I can only find the chocolate ice box pie they used to serve too!!!

4.0

Good value

Since Kil@wat is located in the same building as the InterContinental, I think it is possibly perceived as being a “hotel restaurant.” And since the reputation of hotel restaurants is typically serving mediocre food and having less-than-exceptional service, maybe Kil@wat isn’t at the top of everyone’s list, despite its excellent location in the heart of downtown, within walking distance of much of the city’s nightlife.

I came here for Downtown Dining Week. The food was very good, the service was beyond reproach, the ambiance was casually elegant, the attention to detail was excellent and of course, the value was amazing. I will be back.

Honey Bacon Wrapped Dates

For me, this was the hook. Wrap anything in bacon and I am there!

Herbed Goat Cheese Polenta Cake

I wasn’t sure what to expect with this combination of polenta and goat cheese. Very good!

Braised Short Ribs

I think this may only be the 2nd time I’ve had short ribs so don’t have a good baseline. Pretty good!

Wild Berry Charlotte

Well, I had no idea what a “Charlotte” was so thought I’d give it a try, and our server did his best to explain… Pleasantly surprised! Not overly sweet or rich, nice and light.

People found this by searching for: Kilowatt Restaurant Milwaukee, Kilowatt Bar Milwaukee, Kilowatt Menu, Menu For Kilowatt Restaurant In Milw, Kilowatt Milwaukee, Kilawat Restaraunt, Kilowatt Milwaukee Restaurant, Kilowatt Milwaukeebig Boy, and Breakfast Near Kilbourn Ave Milwaukee.

The Capital Grille

Stackner Cabaret
American in Juneau Town

Link to Kil@Wat

Kil@Wat  Restaurant Reviews

Pros
  •  "Pork shank dinner - excellent. Meat falling from the bone."