Kimera Restaurant Lounge

949-261-1222

19530 Jamboree Rd ( )

Irvine, CA 92612

Neighborhoods: Irvine Business Complex

Description: Kimera Restaurant Lounge is a Global, Vegan, and Contemporary restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Global, Takeout, Vegan, Contemporary, Small plates, Tapas, American (New), Kimera, Fusion, and Delivery
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at Kimera Restaurant Lounge
  • 1 user loves Kimera Restaurant Lounge
Tips:
  • Happy hour takes place Monday-Friday from 3pm to 7pm and on Saturdays from 5pm to 7pm.
  • The restaurant features indoor and outdoor dining areas as well as a livelier lounge and bar.
  • Beat the Monday blues: Kimera's Monday Night Special offers 50% off all food in the dining room.

Reviews for Kimera Restaurant Lounge

• 3 reviews
  • First reviewed by jmix
No Rating

Editorial Review by Gayot »

Kimera Restaurant Lounge

4.0

One of those dim classy restaurants

Back again from a food reviewing hiatus to review this place. I had Kimera two years ago with my friends, but didn’t really get to experience what they had since the majority of our group was 21+ and i was just a little kid tagging along. I have the feeling the management can really turn this joint into a nightclub on weekend nights for some extra revenue.

Anyway, I digress. First thing to notice is that Kimera is tucked away in a little business park, and parking requires validation (very important!). First time i went i balked at the $14 parking fee for the parking structure, but this time around I went in with my girl friend and confidently got my ticket validated like a pro. Not to mention it made me look so damn suave. I digress again.

I had made reservations at 8, but they made me wait until like 8:10 before finally seating us. This was my first flag about the service that was about to come. (If you are a constant reader of my reviews, you will probably notice that I rate heavily on service. As Mr. Pink had said in the classic “Reservoir Dogs”, why tip if the godamned waiters are just doing their job? I rarely go above 12% if my water is never filled, my food is slow, takes forever to order, etc. 12% is very generous for me when i feel like the service is crappy).

Finally, we get seated and takes us about 5 minutes to decide on the Swordfish, Chicken sausage pasta, and a bacon cheeseburger. Waiter didn’t come for at least 10 minutes. WTF! Come on it wasn’t even that crowded. He finally takes our order, and we wait another 15-20 minutes for our food to come while commenting on the MJ, Frank Sinatra, and Marilyn Monroe paintings on the wall. I have to admit the ambience and layout was very good, which is preventing me from giving this place a bad rating.

Food: Swordfish in risotto: Not bad, fish was good, risotto was good…. costed about 24.95 i believe. Fish was grilled to a soft tender texture and garnished with an intruiging tasting sauce (No, i don’t know what it is. but i shall ask next time).

Chicken Sausage pasta: Average portion, was decent. lots of red bell peppers. Dunno what else to say about it, since i didn’t eat much of it as I was full from my Bacon Cheezburger. $14 something.

Bacon Cheeseburger: I ordered this cos the old man next to me was having it. It was HUGE!!! came with a side order of fries too. I barely finished it. Getting the Chicken pasta was a mistake since me and my girl friend coudln’t finish all three plates. Price was around $12.95 i believe.

When the bill finally came, the fat bastard of a server forced us a 18% tip!! Motherfucker never re-filled my water and had the nerve to charge us 18%.

I would like to mention that apart from the eating area, there is also a bar. I am not sure about the happy hour prices there as I have never ordered anything from there. However, if you do decide to come to Kimera for an eat, come on MONDAY NIGHTS for their 50% off the menu. Don’t forget to mention it while booking reservations.

ADDITION edit
Came here with a small group of 21+ friends on a Friday night. Got outside lunge seating, which was totally not expected. Happy hour == $5 drinks and appetizers @ bar side. Don’t know if it was just today, but they seem to put their drinks on the strong side. Also don’t know if it was just that day, but they had an in-house DJ that played some really nice remixed contemporary music. Service was good and prompt, so I am going to add an extra star. for now.

March 10, 2011

Beautiful!

The food is wonderful here, but its the atmosphere that really takes the cake. The layout is splendid and the ambiance is so relaxing.

May 14, 2009

Very nice

The atmosphere at Kimera is really nice ... a nice place for a date night. The food was really good & the service staff very helpful & friendly without being over-bearing. Kimera is a little pricy, but worth it for a special occasion.

People found this by searching for: Kimera Irvine Parking, Kimera, Irvine, Dj, Kimera Irvine Drinks, Kimera Tripadvisor, Kimera Restaurant, Kimera, Monday Nights, Kimera Pics, and Kimera Menu.

Featured in Irvine