201-934-7777

586 N Franklin Tpke ( )

Ramsey, NJ 07446

Description: Kinchley's Tavern is a Pizza, Bar, and Italian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Pizza, Bar, Italian, Takeout, Good For Kids, Grill, Beer Served, Cash-only, Pasta, and Family Fare
  • 1 dish entered by diners at Kinchley's Tavern
  • 1 user wants to eat at Kinchley's Tavern
  • 3 users love Kinchley's Tavern

Reviews for Kinchley's Tavern

Kinchley's Tavern

Kinchley's has some GREAT pizza!

Kinchley’s Tavern in Ramsey, NJ is one of those establishments that feels like it has been around forever—it has its loyal locals who have come to this eatery for years, and the food is the reason why. A homey atmosphere welcomes guests and families who come in to get a cold drink and a delicious thin crust pizza. Growing up in the area, I had heard about Kinchley’s and eaten there on occasion. Now years later, it’s one of the gems I like to visit when I get a craving for fresh pizza at an affordable price.

Kinchley’s is cash only, so be ready to shell out the greenbacks when you walk in to dine. There is a bar area that is separate from the main dining room, and patrons squeeze in there to get a beer and watch the game on the TV behind the bar. In the dining room, there is ample space for tables and booths—and let me tell you, this place gets CROWDED. The service is friendly and efficient, and the restaurant is clean—two important factors I consider when dining out!

Now to the food: there are perennial favorites like fried ravioli and mozzarella sticks ($5.95 each), but I’ve tried the fried calamari for $6.95 and found it so-so. I also ate the Italian cucumber salad which had a nice, light taste from the vinaigrette and cost $5.50. While Kinchley’s has pasta specials and entrees such as Chicken Parmigiana for $10.50, possibly the most popular menu item is the pizza. My favorite, the mushroom, onion, and sausage pie, comes out of the oven hot, with tasty cheese and a wonderful flavor from the melange of ingredients. I am happy to pay $13.50 for this meal! Kinchley’s makes thin crust pies, and even loaded with toppings, the crusts are crispy and flavorful. At Kinchley’s try the “Garbage Pie” topped with all sorts of goodies like meats, cheese, peppers, olives, and more for $17.00. SO GOOD.

If you aren’t in the market for pizza, Kinchley’s has burgers, sandwiches like the standby meatball hero or French Dip, and pasta like linguine with clam sauce. All are reasonably priced and range from $5.50-$12.95.

For a friendly, small-town vibe, an experienced staff, and a menu that literally has something for everyone, visit Kinchleys—even open on Thanksgiving Day—because you won’t be disappointed!

Mushroom, Onion, and Sausage Pizza

One of the best thin crust pies I’ve ever eaten—it’s simply sublime. The taste is fresh and delicous; it’s hard to share the pizza, it’s that good!

Thin Crust Pizza is a Favorite at Kinchley's Tavern

All my brother-in-law had to say was “Garbage Pizza” and I knew he was talking about getting Kinchley’s pizza. We were celebrating his son’s 1st birthday with everyone gathered and ready to eat. It was just a matter of placing the order and picking it up.

We placed an order of four plain pies, two sausage and pepper, two pepperoni, and one garbage pizza. Guess who the garbage pizza was for? I love it because it has everything on it including anchovies. Believe it or not, it’s the anchovies that determines the flavor of this pie. It’s saltier than one would imagine but it does go well with the sausage, peppers, and onions. Of course when you say “garbage pizza” everyone assumes the worse, and just looking at the pie doesn’t help matters much. However, do not judge a book by its cover, or in this case the toppings on a pizza. It just looks like a mess because of the thin crust.

Not everyone is a fan of thin crust pizza but this is the way the people in Italy eat it. I was schooled when I was in that country and ordered a pizza over there for the first time. This is what you get. It’s not uncommon to be able to finish an entire 14" pizza by yourself. The pizza slices are cut even smaller than the eight pieces you would normally get.

I also knew that a trip to Kinchley’s around dinnertime time meant huge crowds. There’s no getting around that fact because it is an incredibly popular venue. Trying to find a seat is one thing but trying to find elbow room is another. This is why I usually opt for take-out because I know there is no way I’ll be able to find a place to dine in.

Besides the pizza, we also got six side orders of meatballs. There are four big meatballs for every order so we had enough to please everyone. They are actually done well well and drenched in lots of sauce.

I was happy to feast on the garbage pizza. In fact my wife and I were the only ones who consumed it. People have preconceptions on what should go on a pizza. I say experiment with everything and don’t be fussy about it all. If it tastes good, then you have a winner on hand. Kinchley’s definitely knows how to please its customer base by providing the best.

4.0
Kinchley's Tavern

Thin crust pizza loaded with toppings…

I thought I knew what pizza was supposed to taste like until I went to Kinchley’s. The thin crust pies just made me rethink how to eat these. I could eat the whole pix by myself because they cut the slices smaller than normal and makes you want to eat more and more. The place is extremely crowded all the time. It’s amazing that we even found seats. It’s much smaller than I thought but gets amazing business. Definitely worth going to.

August 7, 2013

always consistent, you know what you're getting. The only drawback is cash only! Tip: They have an ATM at the entrance by the side parking lot if you don't have cash. Pizza and salad are always a good choice. Thin crust and we've been…

Kinchley's Tavern is located near the cities of Allendale, Mahwah, Upper Saddle River, Darlington, and Saddle River.
People found this by searching for: Kinchley's Pizza, Kinchleys Ramsey New Jersey, Kinchley's Tavern In Ramsey Nj, Kinchley's Tavern Menu, Kinchley's Ramsey, Kinchley's Tavern, Kinchley's Menu, and Kinchleys Pizza.

Varka Fishhouse
Olive Garden
Best Western the Inn at Ramsey
Ya xing Chinese Gourmet
N.Y. Pizza & Pasta

Loves Kinchley's Tavern (3)

Link to Kinchley's Tavern

Kinchley's Tavern  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  90%  Food:  85%  Service:  80%  Ambiance:  80%
Pros
  •  "Best pizza in the world"
  •  "None"
Cons
  •  "Could seat us but we had to be out of the resturant in 50 minutes so they could accommdate another party"