Kiyoshi Bistro

3.0 rating over 1 review
6506 University Blvd
Coraopolis, PA 15108-2579

Cuisine: Chinese, Japanese, Asian

Kiyoshi Bistro is a Chinese, Japanese, and Asian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Nase photo

Nase

Pittsburgh, PA
Kiyoshi Bistro 3.0

Nice try but...

This is a place I actually have in my contacts because I’ve called in orders so often in the past. One year ago, Kiyoshi was renamed, rebranded and started anew.
There aren’t a lot of Japanese / Chinese bistros near where I live so I usually rely on Kiyoshi when I need my chinese food fix.
Unfortunately, my frequenting them doesn’t necessarily mean they’re a favorite. If time and distance wasn’t a factor I’d gladly go to a couple of my favs in Oakland. But Kiyoshi is right around the corner and so it is what it is.

This time I tried their chicken fried rice and beef teriyaki. The fried rice was disappointing and I’ve really got to reconsider have them in my phonebook. The teriyaki, while better than I expected, still could not make up for the poorly seasoned rice.

The one the Kiyoshi does well is ambiance. Walking in, I was greeted with scented candles, clean tables, and a friendly staff. All the fine things I like in a dining experience, with the exception of their rice.

2 1/2 of 5 menus

chicken fried rice at Kiyoshi Bistro

chicken fried rice

The chicken was tender and all the traditional fried rice ingredients were all there, yet something was missing. I doused packets of soysauce – no improvement. The fried rice lacks any flavor. I can’t seem to understand what goes awry with this dish.

beef teriyaki at Kiyoshi Bistro

beef teriyaki

The beef was flavorful and tender. Much more than I expect beef on a stick to be. It was adorned with small bite sized pieces of green pepper, pineapple, onion, and a cherry.

Chinese Japanese Fried Rice

Kiyoshi Bistro  Restaurant Reviews

Kiyoshi Bistro is located near the cities of Moon Township, Moon Twp, Carnot, Sewickley, and Moon.
People found this by searching for: Kioshi On University Boulevard In Moon, Pa, Kiyoshi Moon Menu, "University Boulevard" +Asian +Restaurant +Pa, Kiyoshi Moon, Kioshi Fried Rice, Kiyoshi Bistro Moon, Kiyoshi Moon Township, and Kiyoshi Moon Twp.