La Cachette

Cuisine: French, Italian, Casual dining

mh2mh photo

mh2mh

La Cachette 4.0

just don't get the bouillabaisse

We returned to La Cachette, and everything was lovely. Our server was very polite, professional, helpful, friendly. This time I had started with a “pomosa”—pomegranate juice with champagne, really nice. The food was excellent.

The Chef sent out a couple of amuses: tomato on puff pastry with saffron, smoked salmon and creme fraiche, I think, on blini. There were two starters that were specials for the evening, and I couldn’t give up either of them, so I had both. First, the Chef’s creation: layered foie gras, duck aspic, and a quail egg, all in a cylindrical shot glass, served on a bed of crushed ice. Nice presentation, and really delicious! The foie gras and aspic flavors complemented each other so well, and then when I got to the quail egg, it added even more to the blending of flavors and textures. Plus, aspic is really quite special, I mean, when are you ever going to make aspic at home? The sauteed fresh sardines were delicious, I could never pass up fresh sardines. I also tried a bite of the fig salad, and that was very good.

I opted for the duck two-ways for my main. It was perfectly cooked sliced duck—really beautiful, and shredded duck with I believe it was sweet and tart cabbage. I also tried some of the black cod, and omg that had to be some of the best black cod I’ve ever had, and I’ve had a lot. Plus my glass of pinot noir was very nice.

For dessert, I had one of the special tarts, the wild strawberry. When I am fortunate enough to be offered wild strawberries, I never say no. It was beautiful, sweet, perfumey strawberries. The Chef added some red currants for a little bit of a punch, and the tartness worked very well with the strawberries, plus they’re so pretty, the red currants looked like little holiday lights.

Chef Meteigner was so friendly and welcoming. And clearly well loved by many of the diners there. Now I know why. La Cachette is a top notch restaurant, housed in a gorgeously decorated house. Warm and inviting, and delicious!

French Century City Reservations
Mon-Fri 11:30AM - 02:00PM
Mon-Fri 06:00PM - 09:00PM
Sat 05:30PM - 10:00PM
Sun 05:30PM - 09:00PM

La Cachette  Restaurant Reviews

La Cachette is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: La Cachette Westwood, 10506 Santa Monica Blvd. Los Angeles Ca, Best Sorbet Near 90025, La Cachette Santa Monica Blvd, La Cachette Restaurant Westwood, What Does La Cachette Mean, and La Cashette West Los Angeles Closed When.