- 13 / 20
- Read Gayot Review »
- It's Spanish, but this is no tapas bar: Bring your appetite--and your wallet.
- There are numerous garages nearby, but given how centrally the restaurant is located, it's silly not to take the subway or taxi.
- There are numerous garages nearby, but given its central location, it's silly not to take the subway or taxi.
- The downstairs tapas bar is open from 11:30am to 11pm Monday through Saturday.
- The downstairs tapas bar is open from 11:30 am to 11pm Monday through Saturday.
La Fonda del Sol translates to “inn of the sun” and was first open from 1960 to the early 1970’s. The visionary “theme” restaurant was hailed as ahead of its time by many critics, with a menu that brought Latin and Spanish cuisine to New York for the first time in a fine dining setting.
Today, La Fonda del Sol provides an unprecedented stage for modern Spanish cuisine in New York. The split-level area consists of a bar room on the ground floor and the main dining room on the upper level, separated by an illuminated glass wall behind the bar. Reservations are accepted for the upstairs, main dining room only. If you have a PROMO CODE, please enter it in the special request box when making your reservation.