Lion's Pride Restaurant

20 Dairyland Sq
Red Lion, PA 17356-1801

Cuisine: Diner, Breakfast, Lunch

Lion's Pride Restaurant is a Diner, Breakfast, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Lots of menu items. Good home-cooked meals!"
"Cheap...but i guess for this place you really do get what you pay for"
"Everything"
Cons
"No complaints "
"Slow service "
brian17356 photo

brian17356

Red Lion, PA

Lions Pride : Excellent Breakfast

You cannot beat the quantity, quality of their breakfast choices. Have been going there over the past 3 years….NEVER disappointed.

Breakfast Sampler

harebare76 photo

harebare76

Windsor, PA
Lion's Pride Restaurant 3.0

It's a diner, what do ya want?....

Was in the mood for some good ’ol diner food. Ya know the kind u used to get when u ate with ur Grandparents and it was all about the liver and onions or the fried fish. Had a cup of tomato crab soup and a fried haddock sandwich. The tomato soup was like the stuff u used to get in elementary school mabye middle, ya know the kind made with milk? Of course this one had crab also, but it still took me back to the day! The fish sandwich was good and square Grandma would have enjoyed it also. Served with chips and pickle tartar on the side..mmm. Waitress was alive and breathing… that was about it. Over heard someone complaining to the manager about her as we left…. lunch and an afternoon matinee! ha ha!

Cup of tomato crab soup

Just like the good ’ol cafeteria tomato, just like school. Tomato tasted the same with of course… crab. I was recovering from a cold and this was the first thing in days that I had to eat, but it reminded me of “back in the day”.

dolphindame photo

dolphindame

Dallastown, PA
Lion's Pride Restaurant 1.0

Has gone way down hill!!!

Tuesday afternoon, 1/28/2014 @ 3:30 p.m. Rather quiet time at most restaurants because of the time and the day. 3 waitresses were working and a hostess. Hostess can’t even seat you, she hands you your menu and silverware at the door and tells you to seat yourself. Out of 3 waitresses, it took at least 10 minutes to get acknowledged by one of them and there were only 4 other parties of guests in the entire restaurant. I ordered a chef salad with HOT bacon dressing. Husband ordered a special: Ham & Scallop Potatoes and our son ordered a grilled cheese and French fries. We saw another table a few seats away bouncing her dinner roll on the table because it was so hard. She sent the rolls back. Table across from theirs never got rolls and asked for some. Their Ham & Scallop Potato dinner was brought out cold and still no dinner rolls. Back to the lady who bounced her roll, she got her rolls but still no dinner. Our dinner came out, No rolls and No Hot Bacon Dressing. My husband and son ate their meal as I waited for my dressing. My husbands Ham & Scallop Potatoes were cold like the other table. He was almost finished though until the waitress came back with my dressing. He told her it was cold but he almost finished so there was no sense sending it back now. I poured my dressing on my salad which was NOT hot. I told her I wanted HOT BACON DRESSING. She took the dressing bowl to heat it up and never did anything about the cold dressing that was already on my salad. I decided at that point, I didn’t even want the salad. I said we are leaving. Manager approached and said “People make mistakes. We tried 3 times to please you and you just dismissed us so here is your check, I took off the salad.” Very rude lady!! The 2 other tables that had problems stopped us on the way out and told us this place has gone down hill and they are never coming back and my husband agreed with them all. We have gone there many times over the years. Food portion, quality and service has NEVER been a consistent factor. One visit may be good with portion and quality and the next time it is awful. (Same Meal) Service has always been terrible except when we had the young man that now works at Rite-Aid. He always did his job. So, being treated as nasty as we were during this last visit, WE WILL NEVER RETURN THERE. They seriously need a new manager. That woman has no clue how to treat people. And she even made faces at us as we walked out the door. Now, my son saw that….I really think that was uncalled for from someone who is to be professional. Immature. Disrespectful. Plenty of other places to go that you can get good priced food. And we left NO TIP. "Our tip is to get a new manager and waitresses who take care of the customers. Not hang out in the kitchen or beverage area discussing their personal lives. "

House Salad w/ chicken salad on it

Never ate it because I did not get HOT BACON DRESSING!

Momulda photo

Momulda

Felton, PA

Great place, great prices

I have been here many times both for breakfast and dinner. The food is excellent, and the managers are on top of everything. Last time I went for dinner, and the person I was with ordered the wrong thing and couldn’t eat it. The manager comped it and was very professional, even though they did not have to because they did nothing wrong.

Fish and chips

Awesome. This is the best place around to get fish and chips.

cragpretzel photo

cragpretzel

Very confusing

We still go there because of the lack of places to go in this area. They aren’t the worst place on Earth but they have problems. I never ever order salmon cakes any more because the last time I got some here they were full of salmon vertebrae throughout. Quite sickening but my daughter asks me not to complain in public. If you have money to burn they have good meals but I’ve never gotten any of them. I still don’t understand our last visit on 06/04/13. I ordered fish and chips but since I don’t care for their chips (French fries) I ordered a baked potato instead which was allowed on the menu but the girl returned and said since I was getting a baked potato I couldn’t get the cole slaw either (WHAT?) she suggested mashed potatoes or apple sauce so I went with apple sauce. I figure mashed potatoes would be a little much with the baked potato. They no longer give you spoons so I couldn’t eat most of the apple sauce anyway. A bus boy came to the table and asked if he could take two plates away (?) we said yes and he asked which two he could take (we had six empty so what difference does it make?) We OKed the two plates he pointed to. The other four plates stayed until we were gone. Very confusing!!! I thought for a while our waitress died but she finally brought the check.

Fish and chips

See above review…….Fish and baked potato with apple sauce (wasn’t allowed cole slaw because I switched from chips to baked potato but I don’t understand why) Fish was fried correctly. Baked potato only came with sour cream but was alright. They don’t give you spoons anymore so I couldn’t eat some of the applesauce but it was good. I see in other reviews some people were given rolls. I remember getting them here already but I guess they have them any more.

sarahpooo photo

sarahpooo

Red Lion, PA
Lion's Pride Restaurant 1.0

Terrible

Where to begin. The service was terrible. I got the feeling we were treated as second class citizens because we are young and have a small child. We never got water (which i saw at everyone elses table) We had to ask for silverware when our food came and had to ask for our daughters milk that we had ordered with our drinks. I had coffee and never received a refill, although another waitress walked by multiple times to refill the middle aged group of patrons 2 tables away. The food was less than mediocre, cooked on a dirty grill. We ate what we could manage and left. The hostess at the register was rude when she realized we were talking to each other about how horrible our waitress was. She basically threw my husbands change at him. We will never go back and will not recommend to anyone.

kclausen photo

kclausen

Great Restaurant

Very nice atmosphere. There is so much to choose from on the menu. We really liked the food. There is another restaurant attached called The Saloon that has the best crab cakes and everything else I have eaten there is FAB. This is definately the place to go. We drive over from York.

sami13434 photo

sami13434

Lion's Pride Restaurant 4.0

Lions Pride: Red Lion, Pa

Lions Pride in my opinion is the best place to eat breakfast at, the best thing on the menu… Whole Belguim Waffle with butter and syrup :)

Whole Belgium Waffle

yum :D

txmom photo

txmom

Dallas, TX
Lion's Pride Restaurant 5.0

This was a fun afternoon stop after...

This was a fun afternoon stop after cemetery-searching. The waitress couldn’t have been more attentive to our needs and was very personable.

Ham Pot Pie

Being a OK/TX native I forgot momentarily that “pot pie” is different in PA (using thick noodles and no crust), but it was tasty and old-fashioned comfort food. I loved eating in a local diner as opposed to a national chain.

Diner Breakfast Lunch

Lion's Pride Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

• 03/09/2013 - A diner from Red Lion, PA tried it and liked it.
  • 05/09/2013 - A diner from Baltimore, MD tried it.
  • 09/28/2013 - A diner from Deerfield Beach, FL tried it.
  • 10/13/2013 - A diner tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.
  • 01/14/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 02/23/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/07/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
  • 04/24/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 05/10/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 05/23/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Cons: 'Slow service '
  • 08/06/2014 - A diner from New York, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 08/08/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 09/10/2014 - A diner from New York, NY tried it.
  • 10/10/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 2 stars. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Cheap...but i guess for this place you really do get what you pay for'
  • 10/17/2014 - A diner tried it.
  • 11/01/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/10/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 11/22/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 12/05/2014 - A diner from New York, NY tried it and liked it.
  • 12/06/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 12/17/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Lots of menu items. Good home-cooked meals!'
    Cons: 'No complaints '
  • 12/29/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 01/03/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 01/24/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 02/07/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 02/20/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 02/28/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 03/09/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 03/19/2015 - A diner from New York, NY tried it.
  • 03/29/2015 - A diner from Westminster, MD tried it.
  • 04/16/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/22/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 05/01/2015 - A diner from Washington, DC tried it.
  • 06/21/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 06/28/2015 - A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it.
  • 06/28/2015 - A diner from York, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 08/14/2015 - A diner from Joppa, MD tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
Lion's Pride Restaurant is located near the cities of Windsor, Yoe, and Dallastown.
People found this by searching for: Lions Pride Restaurant Menu, Lion's Pride Restaurant, Lions Pride Restaurant, Lions Pride Restaurant Pa, Lions Pride Red Lion, Lions Pride Restaurant Red Lion Pa, Lions Pride Red Lion Pa, and Lions Pride Red Lion Pa Menu.