609-522-4392

401 E Wildwood Ave ( )

Wildwood, NJ 08260

Description: Lobster Shack is a American and Seafood restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: American, Seafood, Takeout, BYOB, OpenTable, and Reservations
  • 5 dishes entered by diners at Lobster Shack

From OpenTable:

The Lobster Shack is a fun and casual, delicious dining experience. Servicing Wildwood for more than 38 years, we offer a casual family atmosphere and seashore setting. Reservations are encouraged as seating gets very limited in the bustling summer season.
We offer Early Tide Specials EVERY DAY from 4pm - 6pm starting at just $10.99!
Our goal is to provide fresh, homemade food to our customers for an affordable price in an atmosphere that welcomes and relaxes.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Reviews for Lobster Shack

Went down hill!

For the past 7 years I have been going to the early bird special at this restaurant, and LOVED the surf and turf (filet mignon and lobster tail). I went this year, 2008, and man was it awful. I was very disappointed and let down. The filet mignon was chewy as heck, that went for all six of our filets. The cole slaw has been changed as well, and was soggy and sour, compared to the past 7 years, where it was the best cole slaw! When we were asked how our meal was, we told the truth to our waiter, who in turn took offense and walked away. We noticed the table across from us having the same problem with their filet. Sawing away like we did. The table cleaner guy told us there was a new owner, and knew exactly what we were talking about. Odd, he knew and the waiter did not. Anyway, for 7 years went there, and will not ever again. Obviously they have raised their prices $5.00 this year, and have decreased in their quality. My mom did not even eat her meat. It had a grissle or tendon running through it, and could not cut through it. Left a whole filet mignon! Said it was the worst she’d ever had in her life! Accordingly, I do not recommend it anymore.

Surf & Turf

The filet mignon was tough, like chewing leather. The lobster tail was small, but very tender and yummy. The cole slaw was soggy and sour. The rolls were good.

Add/Show Comments (1)

Lobster Shack

HORRIBLE! The food was okay but the service was TERRIBLE....

HORRIBLE! The food was okay but the service was TERRIBLE. They kept coming over every 5 minutes and asking “Are you done yet?” They clearly jsut wanted to get us in, get our money and get us out of there.

AMAZING SCALLOPS!!

I am a scallop lover and I have never had scallops better than here. They are offered different ways I think, but I got them blackened and they were delicious. Just delicious. We wanted to go for early bird because we heard they have a great deal before 5 but we spent too much time on the boardwalk and missed it. Man I am glad we did because I would have ordered the early special and missed out on these scallops. My girlfriend had the fried stuffed shrimp – which she loved as well. We shared an order of steamers first and they were also great. I dipped my bread in that sauce for the rest of the meal. We are new to this town, but we will come back to the lobster shack for sure. Our server was a very nice college girl (I forget her name) but she did a great job too.

Blackened Scallops

Scallops were huge! When I told the waitress how good they were she told me they are caught locally so they are as fresh as possible. I got them blackened and they were just perfect. Melted in my mouth.

Lobster Shack

Delicious and Fresh Seafood!!

We go to the Lobster Shack all the time. We live locally and are probably there at least twice a month. We have ALWAYS gotten a great meal, the freshest seafood, and were treated kindly by the staff. There is a mixture of veteran servers and college kids earning a buck for the wait staff and we have yet to have a bad one. We are TRUE seafood lovers and we order different meals all the time, but I have to say their fried shrimp are EXCELLENT! Taste fresh, cooked perfectly, and they make their own cocktail sauce – it’s amazing! They never used to use lump crab meat in the crab cakes but the past year we have been going, they do now!! It is the best crab cake down here by far! Oh and we have neices and nepews we take with us as well, and they have a great kiddy menu…not to mention tons of stuff to look at on the walls and ceiling to keep them occupied…We love the Lobster Shack and will keep going there regularly!

Fried Shrimp

Fresh and cooked perfectly!! Sauce is to die for!

Lobster Shack

Delicious - Again and Again!

We have been coming to the Jersey shore for my whole life for summer vacation and we have always loved the Lobster Shack! Once again, we went there for dinner this year and had a fantastic meal and a great time. There are five of us in my family and we all had great dinners. We like to all order something different and then share everything. This time we got steak and tail, broiled scallops, stuffed flounder, broiled crab cakes, and a linguini and lump crab meat pasta dish. I am telling you we left stuffed full of awesome seafood and happy. All the seafood was cooked perfectly. My favorite was the stuffed flounder – melt in your mouth awesome. Our server was on the ball, our meals were delicious and we just loved hearing the Buffet station on satelite radio! We are actually planning one more Lobster Shack night before we leave. Highly recommend trying this place!

stuffed flounder

The flounder tasted fresh as can be! Not too much seasoning – just the way I like it. I love the flavor of the seafood itself and don’t like when the crabmeat is full of filler and the fish is covered in old bay or something. The crab meat stuffing was all crab meat – no filler at all! It was cooked perfectly and melted in my mouth. I would definitely get it again – actually might when we go back in a couple days.

Yum yum in my tum tum

I really like the Lobster Shack! I never get online to write reviews but my husband and I just always have the best time and the best meal when we go to the Lobster Shack. I can’t get enough of the Steamer Feast. It’s a little bit of every offering the sea has all steaming hot and in one bowl. It reminds me of a clam bake, but with a whole lobster too!!! If you like your seafood fried, you have to try the coconut shrimp appetizer. So good, so good! The staff and owners are always so sweet. Not only are they nice to us, but you can’t tell they are nice to each other. It was like a team effort getting our drinks, cleaning up our table, and checking in on what we needed. Plus, it’s BYOB so we save moolah on drinks and get a little more seafood. Can’t beat it!

Steamer Feast

I think it was 30 dollars? I can’t remember. In any event it was fresh and steamed to perfection. There was a whole lobster, clams, mussles, etc… Plus, an ear of fresh Jersey corn. I got a bib, which my husband thought was too funny. I even shared a bit with him… just a bit, though.

Lobster Shack is located near the cities of North Wildwood, Wildwood Crest, and Diamond Beach.
People found this by searching for: Best Fresh Lobster Near Wildwood Crest, Lobster Shack Wildwood, The Lobster Shack Wildwood Nj, Lobster Shack Wildwood Nj Menu, Owner Of The Lobster Shack Wildwood Nj, Lobster Shack Wildwood Menu, and Lobster Shack Wildwood Nj.

Gia by Vincent and Mia Chiarella
Alfe's Restaurant
Pacific Grill
Cattle 'n Clover

Link to Lobster Shack

Lobster Shack  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  80%  Food:  75%  Service:  83%  Ambiance:  81%
Pros
  •  "Food and specials "
  •  "Clean"
  •  "Very reasonably priced early bird specials and good service!!"
  •  "None"
Cons
  •  "They did away with twice baked pstsyod"
  •  "Waited over an hour, meat under cooked, then they over cooked it.Asked for manager, he agreed was over cooked, took it away and only took $9 off $23 meal, when fillet was the majority of meal.Manager was condescending, horrible experience. Overpriced, sm"
Comments
  •  "Read reviews first, Captain Jacks was a good experience for our family. "
  •  "HORRIBLE!! We were so disappointed in this place! First off my son accidentally spilled his milk. The waitress was rude and very unfriendly. Then she brought out cold clam chowder. My husband ordered fish and chips for $17.99 which was exactly the sam"