276-228-4139

520 E Main St ( )

Wytheville, VA 24382-2033

Description: Log House 1776 Restaurant is a American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: American, Dinner, Casual, 1776, Log, and Wytheville
  • 1 dish entered by diners at Log House 1776 Restaurant

Overall: 100%    Food: 100%    Service: 100%    Ambiance: 100%
Pros

• "Fantastic menu. Wasn't anything on the menu I wouldn't eat. As a matter of fact, each time I go there I will habe something different until I "eat the whole menu""
  • "Excellent food and desserts."
Cons
  • "Not a level floor or plumb wall in the place, but hey, back in the 1700's construction was different...not really a "con". Just different."
  • "Not always enough wait staff, slow service"
Comments
  • "Salmon is wild VERY good . Had it on 2 occasions. Each time was great!"
  • "Highly recommended"

Reviews for Log House 1776 Restaurant

4.0

Good Food Close To Home

Although I only live about 45 minutes from Wytheville, I’d never tried this restaurant. Last night several friends & I went and I enjoyed it.
I had a stuffed baked rolled chicken breast with brocolli & wild rice. It was delish! My only complaint was that I was supposed to have cheese on my brocolli & saw very little!
They have a great gift shop out back, too. But if it’s dark when you go be careful walking as the walkway is very uneven & not lit very well.
I’ll go again & would highly recommend it.
Including tip my meal was right at $25.

Add/Show Comments (1)

Log House 1776 Restaurant

Third visit as great as the first two!

My first two visits to The Log House 1776 Restaurant were with a group of 15 or more (2008 & 2010) but this time (19Aug2011) it was just my husband & I (this was his first visit). I had made reservations for us and got there a bit early but we were seated immediately. The food was great (I had the rolled chicken & he had the swordfish), the service fast and friendly and the price reasonable. I have a feeling we’ll go there again!

Log House 1776 Restaurant

Horrible management and service - waste of money and time.

We stopped here upon finding high recommendations for this place on http://tripadvisor.com. We are in Wytheville, VA every third weekend to facilitate my daughter’s visitation with her father.

Upon entering the restaurant, we were impressed with it’s unique decor and layout.

I have worked in restaurants for over 15 years (in the past – I am now an accountant). I am very forgiving in many areas concerning things that can happen in error in restaurants.

Our server did not even greet our table for close to 15 minutes. After this, it took at least 10 minutes to receive our drinks.

She then asked if she could run food to a larger party seated next to us before taking our order. This was fine with us. Little did we know that it would take 20 minutes to run food to eight people.

Eventually, we ordered and I ordered a steak, which is according to our waitress one of the best items on the menu. After 50+ minutes we had not received our food, nor had we received an update from our server on it’s status. Upon flagging her down and asking, we were told it had not been longer than 25-30 minutes.

About 10 minutes later, our food arrived. My steak was very bland with no taste, however, it was cooked correctly temperature wise.

Server did not remove dinner plates from table, and had to be flagged to get bill for payment. This is where the scene actually turned for us (believe it or not).

We asked to speak to the manager and at first were told by our server that she could “relay a message.” This was not acceptable to us, and a few minutes later a small framed fellow with reddish hair approached our table.

We informed him we had waited 50 plus minutes for one medium steak and a southwestern pork plate (which was supposedly prepared already). He first asked if we had a reservation, upon which I answered, “No, but we were seated immediately.” As if our food took longer because we did not have a reservation……. He insisted there was no possible way that we waited this amount of time. He was very rude, and threatened us with “checking the ticket time” on the order to prove we were somehow exaggerating. At this point, we had been in the restaurant for 1 hour and 50 minutes.

We asked him to verify this ticket time, and he returned with the news that the ticket time had been exactly 50 minutes. This of course is minus the time our server took to ring it in. We expected that upon this realization, he would at the very least apologize and offer a reasonable explanation.

Instead, he became even more hostile and accused us of being malcontents. He refused to offer any apology or explanation for this long ticket time, even though he insisted that this never happens. Additionally, we called his attention to a 2-top that was seated close by and received EXCELLENT service by some young man in a plaid shirt who appeared to have tables downstairs as well.

We will not be returning to this restaurant. Additionally, we will be posting reviews on every internet site that WE use to determine where we would like to dine and more importantly, spend our money.

The manager did not seem to care when we mentioned we would be writing bad reviews online. If not for him, our waitress still would have received at least a 15% tip, as well as we might have returned in the future to give this place another chance since we are in town so frequently.

The owner should be aware that his management (at least in this case) is sub-par, and may be losing him business at an alarming rate.

12 Ounce NY Strip

BLAND NO TASTE, AT ALL. Cooked correctly, however.

October 28, 2008

Good Food, Piss Poor Service

Had reservations for Sat. 10/25/08. Waited 10 mins at front desk before anyone asked to help, even though hostess walked by twice as did others. She finally said she'd have to "find" a place for us. In the back we were seated and 20 mins…

People found this by searching for: 1776 Log House Restaurant, Log House Restaurant Wytheville Va, Log House Restaurant Wytheville Va Menu, Log House Wytheville, Log House 1776 Restaurant, Log House 1776 Restaurant Menu, The Log House 1776 Restaurant Wytheville Menu, and The Log House 1776 Restaurant.

Southern Diner Bar & Grill