Longboard's Grill

210 Stearns Wharf
Santa Barbara, CA 93101-3571

Neighborhoods: Waterfront
Cuisine: Burgers, American, Late Night

Longboard's Grill is a Burgers, American, and Late Night restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Lew_Marklin photo

Lew_Marklin

Santa Barbara, CA
Longboard's Grill 4.0

Great local place to chill

All I can say, is that I have put somebody’s kid through college, in my ten years hanging out at Longboard’s! It’s a great local SB spot, where you can commune with friends or go alone and meet new ones. The bar tenders and managers are always friendly, it’s on the pier so the view is awesome in every direction (open ocean to left, boats go in and out of the harbor to the right and Santa Barbara hills, homes and town the other way) You can sit outside on the deck if you smoke, or chill inside at a table or at the bar, and watch sports under a ceiling of surfboards.

The Ceasar Salad is a meal in itself, the Burgers are juicy, and the bucket of steamers is off the chain. The drinks are big and strong. Downstairs is the attached Harbor Restaurant, that is very good as well. There is a fully stocked wine cellar downstairs, so if you decide that you want to fancy it up a bit and don’t see anything on the menu that appeals to you, they will not be offended if you ask a waitress to grab you the menu from downstairs or the “Extended wine list” from downstairs. It is not something that they advertise, but if you are like me, you ask for it all, and they will bring the food up to you.

Bucket of Steamers

The steamer clams are a must if you like seafood in a casual environment. They arrive in an east coast metal bucket and water with garlic bread, and are screaming. The bucket looks very impressive on the table, and is inviting as an ice breaker with someone that you want to engage in closer contact with. It’s a great share item.

DonnaMarie photo

DonnaMarie

Glendora, CA
Longboard's Grill 3.0

Bar Review

Oh, it’s definitely a tourist place. With the big drink with flags and surfboard stirrers. But on Stearn’s Wharf, I don’t know what else I would expect. So I didn’t expect. Just wanted a bloody mary on this early morning (okay, so Noon felt early after polishing off an obscene amount of vodka the night before), something greasy to ease the tummy, and the hockey game on the tube, and near the water. And, well, I got it all.

No wait at all. Plenty of room at the bar since everyone wanted to sit out side on the deck or be along the windows. That’s fine. We were a bit bleary eyed anyway and the ‘tender turned the big plasma right in front of us to hockey so we didn’t have to focus too far.

The menu at the upstairs bar was short and simple. I don’t know if the restaurant downstairs has a more extensive menu. Ribs, sandwiches, burgers, salads. Everyting came with fries and slaw. Seems to be a theme around here. The fries were really good. Nice and crispy with the peel still on. My Maui burger was was decent. two pattys, BBQ sauce and and onion ring on a yellow sesame seed bun. My friend got a Burnt Tip sandwich. Rip tips and pork. Kinda dry. Needed some extra sauce and the bite I had was a bit chewy, so I don’t think I would want that in the future. They have their own Bloody Mary-Harbor Mary I think. And it was just okay, but it came with big shrimp. Oh, the salads were good. I don’t like ice berg, so I don’t get wedge salads, but it had major chunks of blue cheese and bacon. And my garden salad was all romain with copious amounts of carrots, celery, jicama, tomato. nice. But kinda pricey. I think $8. But everything was a bit pricey considering quality. But you are paying for ocean front locale and tourist trap sucker syndrome.

It’s the view here that is good. Including the view of the waitresses wearing black stretchy shorts that are so short enough to almost moon you. For a very simple lunch, drink, and a hockey game, I was satisfied. I don’t think I would come back to this particular place though.

It was amusing to watch the waitresses try to herd the brave pigeons out of the bar. They would wander right in to grab lost peanuts and fries.

Maui Burger at Longboard's Grill

Maui Burger

Okay. Two pattys, BBQ sauce and and onion ring on a yellow sesame seed bun.Typical bar food, but the fries were really good and crispy and the slaw was fresh.

Bloody Mary at Longboard's Grill

Bloody Mary

Not that great. A little flavorless and weak.

Burnt Tip Sandwich

Rip tips and pork. Kinda dry. Needed some extra sauce and the bite I had was a bit chewy, so I don’t think I would want that in the future. And overpriced of course since you are on the pier.

Sports Bar Burgers American
Fri-Sat 11:30AM - 12:00AM
Sun-Thu 11:30AM - 11:00PM

Longboard's Grill  Restaurant Reviews

• 09/25/2014 - A diner from Mountain View, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 1 star. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 06/21/2015 - A diner from Seattle, WA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They didn't like the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
People found this by searching for: Harbor Restaurant/Longboard’s Grill, Longboards Restaurant Menu In Santa Barbara, The Harbor Restaurant And Longboards Grill, Harbor Restaurant & Longboards, Harbor Restaurant And Longboards, Longboards Santa Barbara Menu, and Longboards Restaurant Santa Barbara.