518-374-7455

2305 Nott St E ( )

Schenectady, NY 12309

Description: LT's Grill is a Bar, Barbecue, and Burgers restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Bar, Good For Kids, Barbecue, Live music, Burgers, Sandwiches, Steak, Outdoor seating, Seafood, and Restaurant
  • 4 dishes entered by diners at LT's Grill

Reviews for LT's Grill

• 2 reviews
  • First reviewed by BJMeltz

WHAT A NIGHTMARE!

This restaurant gets a (-10) rating from us! March 3, we were visiting for the Annual Schenectady Junior Curl-In for our seventh year, it was suggested that a large group of us go to LTs for supper. Our team had eaten here about three years ago, and recounted what an awful meal and service experience we had then. Our hearts were set on going to Del Monaco’s (we had such an excellent dining experience here last year), however, we were told LTs had been renovated and was much improved, just around the corner and is also a sponsor for the Curling Club, so we agreed and one of the club members called and made a 5:45 p.m. reservation for our group of 15. We arrived and were told that it would be at least an hour before we would be seated. I asked ‘what is the purpose of making a reservation?’ I was told, ‘many people reserved before you’; why didn’t they just tell us 6:45 when we called? A temporary table was set up so we could have a drink while waiting, which only sat 8 women of our group. The 7 men stood against the wall behind an empty ‘reserved’ table for 8-10. A member of our group sat in a chair at this adjacent empty table (around 6 p.m.) & was told ‘you can’t sit there, sir’. This table remained empty until 6:30. During our wait, the main (and it seemed as if the only?) waitress was quick to take drink orders…several times. Finally, just after 6:35, Mr. Goldstock and staff set up a table to join our ‘temporary’ folding table (in a T shape) which was blocking the veranda door. More drinks were ordered, and then the waitress was ready to take our food orders; BUT when we asked to have separate bills, we were told ‘no it is too complicated’; half of us wanted to leave hearing this. It was 6:50 pm now. When the waitress was informed by one of the members of our group that several people would leave; she was defensive and felt she was being harassed, but he apologized and made it clear that he wasn’t trying to intimidate her, so she finally offered, ’we’ll figure it out, don’t worry about the bills’. So we placed our orders, and then… THE WAIT WAS ON… yet again. The first three meals arrive at 7:55; 8 minutes later, 2 employees carried out another 4 – 5; one meal being announced as ‘wings’. My husband said, ‘I ordered wings’. Mr. Goldstock was holding a dish of wings and asked ‘what type’; I answered, ‘we don’t remember’, so he rhymed off 3 or 4 types… ‘rubbed’ was my husband’s, apparently yet to come out of the kitchen, however, Mr. Goldstock then started with his aggressive behaviour, yelling and accusing my husband of ‘riding his waitress all night’. My husband stated that he hadn’t spoken to the waitress, other than to place his order, but by this time, Mr. Goldstock came over and was right in my husband’s face and threatened my husband, ‘better be careful not to touch me or you’ll be sorry and it’ll be the last thing you do!’ Mr. Goldstock refused to listen or bring his waitress over to confirm that my husband had only spoken to her to place our order. It was evident that Mr. Goldstock was looking for a fight, or perhaps a scapegoat to answer to his total mismanagement of this whole experience with our group. I was truly afraid he was going to strike my husband; I tried to pull my husband away from him and echoed the facts to Mr. Goldstock, but he wasn’t listening; he was crazed! Our son and another friend in our group also tried to explain and stop this ridiculous series of events from escalating any further. Finally, a woman came out of the kitchen and told Mr. Goldstock to ‘get in the kitchen!’ At the same time, a young blond employee came over, as if he was ready to ‘put up his dukes’! I told him, ‘get out of the way, we’re leaving!’ Which is exactly what we did … just as my son’s steak was arriving, we walked out. My husband’s wings were still yet to come. We asked our friends to pay our bill for us; we’d pay them back later. In retrospect, Mr. Goldstock is lucky we didn’t press charges for attempted aggravation and assault.

Tuscan Sunset Pasta Dish

By the way, as I was the only one of my family who was served, I had a few bites of my ‘Tuscan Sunset’, which was basically a dry rotitini type noodle (pasta dujur) with very few bits of bacon, spinach, and thin sun dried tomato pieces and no garlic flavor at all. I asked for crushed chili peppers to try to give it a bit of flavor, they don’t have this spice; they brought me a sliced jalepeno chili to compensate.
No one else in our family got their order before we left the restaurant.

Casual Dining At Its Finest

I cannot rate this restaurant highly enough.

From the first moment we walked through the door, we were greeted, seated, and chatted up as though we were long lost family members finally returning to a loving home. The owner is on-site nearly all the time and remembers his visitors extremely well, making personal recommendations and taking care of people we’ve brought with us or recommended as dear friends.

The food is simply superb, with a well-stocked bar with a salad bar for accompaniment. Everything is served quickly, in more than generous portions, perfectly seasoned and prepared. The wait staff could not have been more attentive: Constantly tending to our needs without ever making us feel crowded. When the check came at the end of the wonderful meal, we were shocked. The prices are unbelievable! $18.95 for a 1lb lobster dinner, with 2 sides and unlimited beverage. You just can’t touch that in upstate NY for this quality!

Do not miss the corn bread, an LT’s Grill specialty. It is to die for!

There is also live folksy music (charming!) on the weekends, and a well-stocked bar. Visitors can dine and drink inside, or outside on the newly opened deck.

Alaskan Potluck

Chunks of lobster, whole shrimp, in-the-shell clams, and scallops simmered in a garlic/butter/boullion base served with a side of flat-bread for dipping. Scrumptious! Serves 2 comfortably… 3 if you’re feeling friendly and generous. This can easily stand as the entree for a full meal.

Corn Bread

This is the perfect cornbread! Sweet without being cloying. None of the gritty texture so often seen in cornbread. This is more like a moist cake than a side dish. Not to be missed!

Lobster

Sweet, tender, perfectly cooked without being overdone, and served with a limitless side of melted butter. For 1 1/4 lb lobsters, these seemed HUGE. We had more than enough to take home. We were going to leave the leftovers due to traveling constraints (we didn’t want lobster goo leaking out) But, the staff even wrapped up our leftovers specially so we could stuff the bags in the motorcycle saddlebags safely.

LT's Grill is located near the cities of Scotia, Rotterdam, Cold Brook, Alplaus, and Rexford.
People found this by searching for: Lts Grill, Lt Grill Niskayuna Ny Menu, Lt's Grill Menu, Lts Schenectady, Lts Grill Niskayuna Menu, Lt's Grill, Lt's Grill Reviews, Lt's Grill Niskayuna, and Lts Grill Reviews.

Seasons 52