Lu Lu's Noodles

400 S Craig St
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3709

Neighborhoods: North Oakland
Cuisine: Asian, Noodles, Chinese

Lu Lu's Noodles is a Asian, Noodles, and Chinese restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Bubble drinks"
"Good food, quick service "
"Yummy"
Cons
"Noisy"
seraiseras photo

seraiseras

Lu Lu's Noodles 5.0

can't go wrong

This is a long-time family favorite – it started as Yum Wok and then changed to LuLu’s several years ago when it was renovated and expanded into the vacated real estate agency next door. They serve the “traditional” chinese restaurant dishes you’d expect – General Tso’s, fried rice, hot & sour soup, etc. – but also a very nice assortment of noodle dishes and soups that you don’t find just anywhere. You can also get a variety of flavors of bubble tea. The restaurant is bright and colorful.

Hong Kong Chow Fun

Wide noodles with a great flavor. I get it with chicken and ask for them to add black bean sauce.

Eggplant and Tofu rice plate

Very nicely done melt-in-your-mouth asian eggplant and fried tofu with assorted veggies in a garlic-y sauce, served over white rice.

Nase photo

Nase

Lu Lu's Noodles 3.0

Still a Bustling Hotspot

Lately I’ve been craving asian cuisine. Normally when I’m in Oakland that means I stop by Oishii Bento to get my fix. This time I was with friends who desperately wanted me to try bubble tea so it was off to Lu Lu’s for us.
It was past my traditional dinnertime but Lu’s was still a bustling hotspot. We were seated fairly quickly.

Admittedly, the atmosphere could use a bit more cheeriness, but the prices are reasonable and the joint was hopping.
I give them 3 menus

Beef Bibimbap at Lu Lu's Noodles

Beef Bibimbap

I decided on the strawberry bubble tea and beef bibimbap.
What I hesitated to tell my friends is that I am not a fan of tapioca. And I especially cringed at the thought of eating giant tea soaked tapioca pearls through a straw. But I managed to survive my first bubble tea experience unscathed and will like try them again. Lu Lu’s bubble teas were not as thick as I imagined, but I suppose I was looking for more of a smoothie consistency. The strawberry flavoring tasted like, well strawberry flavoring.
The beef bibimbap was delicious. Not better that Oishii’s but different. It’s a bowl filled with rice, assorted vegetables, strips of beef with a side of spicy sauce, all topped with a fried egg. The veggies were fresh and the spicy sauce was not overwhelming. Lu Lu’s serves kimchi in their version and I’m not a fan of kimchi (yet). The bowl makes this dish great because it’s much easier to eat with chopsticks using a bowl than it is with a plate. There’s more opportunity to scoop with a bowl.

hungryman888 photo

hungryman888

Lu Lu's Noodles 1.0

Lu Lu's Dirty Noodle House

I am amazed that the health department doesn’t shut the doors of this establishment.

Flith everywhere, from the dining room floors to the silverware and on to the Men’s bathroom…..Certainly you may also encounter the mess at Lu Lu’s Noodle House….no excuse for DIRTY FLOORS, TABLES AND GENERAL FILTH.

Had a very unpleasant experience and will never return. Bad food, dirty conditions and to top things off; the business permits homeless persons on their front steps to hussle spare change from departing restaurant patrons.

kmb246 photo

kmb246

Noodle-rific!

Lu Lu’s is a must eat in Pittsburgh! It’s menu is just what you would think…mostly noodles. They have alot of classic lo mein dishes and you can create your own as well. They have alot of other chinese/japanese dishes to order if you are not so into noodles. The prices are pretty cheap and the portions are large. The perfect place and the perfect price for the college and grad-school crowd that are majority of its diners.

I am a basic girl. I get noodles at a noodle place. My fav is the vegatable lo mein and add chicken to it. If you get chicken lo mein it does not have as many veggies and I have learned from experience that ordering chicken lo mein with vegtables does not work. Order veggie lo mein and add chicken…delicious!

RachelHamm photo

RachelHamm

Lu Lu's Noodles 4.0

great food, a good variety of chinese, korean and thai an...

great food, a good variety of chinese, korean and thai and, most importantly, bubble tea.

momar930 photo

momar930

Lu Lu's Noodles 2.0

Don't think I'll be back...

A friend and I had high expectations of Lu Lu’s on a recent visit. Neither of us had been before, but both were in the mood to check it out. We placed our orders, but were both a bit disappointed when tasting our meals. The food was bland and not well seasoned, and just had an overall odd flavor. The noodles were not what I expected, and upon site knew my tummy was not going to be happy with my selection. My friend liked his Pad Tai a bit better than I, but neither of us plans to give this place another go!

saucyspicysoy photo

saucyspicysoy

Little Neck, NY
Lu Lu's Noodles 4.0

what made college memorable!

what made college memorable!

Asian Noodles Chinese

Lu Lu's Noodles  Restaurant Reviews

• 05/15/2013 - A diner from Pittsburgh, PA tried it and liked it.
  • 06/01/2013 - A diner from Silver Spring, MD tried it and liked it.
  • 06/20/2013 - A diner tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 06/29/2013 - A diner from Coraopolis, PA tried it and liked it.
  • 06/30/2013 - A diner from Pittsburgh, PA tried it.
  • 07/23/2013 - A diner from Beaver Falls, PA tried it.
  • 08/25/2013 - A diner from Coraopolis, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 08/30/2013 - A diner from Butler, PA tried it.
  • 11/04/2013 - A diner from Pittsburgh, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Yummy'
    Cons: 'Noisy'
  • 11/13/2013 - A diner from Uniontown, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Good food, quick service '
  • 12/20/2013 - A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.
  • 03/22/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/15/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Bubble drinks'
  • 07/23/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.
  • 01/19/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 02/14/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 03/08/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 03/22/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 05/03/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.
Sonoma Grille

California in Central Business District

Casbah

Mediterranean in Shadyside

Grand Concourse

Steak in South Shore

Braddock's American Brasserie

American in Central Business District

Lu Lu's Noodles is located near the cities of Pgh, Downtown, Mount Washington, Strip District, and Mt Washington.
People found this by searching for: Lulu's Noodles Pittsburgh Menu, Lulu's Pittsburgh, Lulu Dirty Image, Lu Lu Noodles Menu, Lu Lu Lo Mein, Lulu's Noodles Pittsburgh, Noodle Shop Oakland Pittsburgh, Lulu Noodles Pittsburgh, and Lulu's Noodles.