412-687-7777

400 S Craig St ( )

Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3709

Neighborhoods: North Oakland

Description: Lu Lu's Noodles is a Asian, Noodles, and Korean restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: Asian, Noodles, Korean, Good for groups, Takeout, BYOB, Bubbletea, Japanese, Chinese, and Noodle Shop
  • 5 dishes entered by diners at Lu Lu's Noodles
  • 3 users love Lu Lu's Noodles
Tips:
  • The great luncheon specials encourage diners to sample multiple dishes at preposterously low prices.

Reviews for Lu Lu's Noodles

can't go wrong

This is a long-time family favorite – it started as Yum Wok and then changed to LuLu’s several years ago when it was renovated and expanded into the vacated real estate agency next door. They serve the “traditional” chinese restaurant dishes you’d expect – General Tso’s, fried rice, hot & sour soup, etc. – but also a very nice assortment of noodle dishes and soups that you don’t find just anywhere. You can also get a variety of flavors of bubble tea. The restaurant is bright and colorful.

Hong Kong Chow Fun

Wide noodles with a great flavor. I get it with chicken and ask for them to add black bean sauce.

Eggplant and Tofu rice plate

Very nicely done melt-in-your-mouth asian eggplant and fried tofu with assorted veggies in a garlic-y sauce, served over white rice.

3.0

Still a Bustling Hotspot

Lately I’ve been craving asian cuisine. Normally when I’m in Oakland that means I stop by Oishii Bento to get my fix. This time I was with friends who desperately wanted me to try bubble tea so it was off to Lu Lu’s for us.
It was past my traditional dinnertime but Lu’s was still a bustling hotspot. We were seated fairly quickly.

Admittedly, the atmosphere could use a bit more cheeriness, but the prices are reasonable and the joint was hopping.
I give them 3 menus

Beef Bibimbap

I decided on the strawberry bubble tea and beef bibimbap.
What I hesitated to tell my friends is that I am not a fan of tapioca. And I especially cringed at the thought of eating giant tea soaked tapioca pearls through a straw. But I managed to survive my first bubble tea experience unscathed and will like try them again. Lu Lu’s bubble teas were not as thick as I imagined, but I suppose I was looking for more of a smoothie consistency. The strawberry flavoring tasted like, well strawberry flavoring.
The beef bibimbap was delicious. Not better that Oishii’s but different. It’s a bowl filled with rice, assorted vegetables, strips of beef with a side of spicy sauce, all topped with a fried egg. The veggies were fresh and the spicy sauce was not overwhelming. Lu Lu’s serves kimchi in their version and I’m not a fan of kimchi (yet). The bowl makes this dish great because it’s much easier to eat with chopsticks using a bowl than it is with a plate. There’s more opportunity to scoop with a bowl.

Add/Show Comments (1)

Lu Lu's Dirty Noodle House

I am amazed that the health department doesn’t shut the doors of this establishment.

Flith everywhere, from the dining room floors to the silverware and on to the Men’s bathroom…..Certainly you may also encounter the mess at Lu Lu’s Noodle House….no excuse for DIRTY FLOORS, TABLES AND GENERAL FILTH.

Had a very unpleasant experience and will never return. Bad food, dirty conditions and to top things off; the business permits homeless persons on their front steps to hussle spare change from departing restaurant patrons.

Noodle-rific!

Lu Lu’s is a must eat in Pittsburgh! It’s menu is just what you would think…mostly noodles. They have alot of classic lo mein dishes and you can create your own as well. They have alot of other chinese/japanese dishes to order if you are not so into noodles. The prices are pretty cheap and the portions are large. The perfect place and the perfect price for the college and grad-school crowd that are majority of its diners.

I am a basic girl. I get noodles at a noodle place. My fav is the vegatable lo mein and add chicken to it. If you get chicken lo mein it does not have as many veggies and I have learned from experience that ordering chicken lo mein with vegtables does not work. Order veggie lo mein and add chicken…delicious!

4.0

great food, a good variety of chinese, korean and thai an...

great food, a good variety of chinese, korean and thai and, most importantly, bubble tea.

2.0

Don't think I'll be back...

A friend and I had high expectations of Lu Lu’s on a recent visit. Neither of us had been before, but both were in the mood to check it out. We placed our orders, but were both a bit disappointed when tasting our meals. The food was bland and not well seasoned, and just had an overall odd flavor. The noodles were not what I expected, and upon site knew my tummy was not going to be happy with my selection. My friend liked his Pad Tai a bit better than I, but neither of us plans to give this place another go!

-1 0

what made college memorable!

what made college memorable!

November 3, 2010

Cheap and very busy.

Went here after going to the Carnegie Museum. Slow service but our food was great and under $20 with tip for both of us. Recommended.

March 13, 2010

Good carry-out if you know what to order- terrible service

Lulu's is convenient, reasonably-priced and quick (theoretically), and has a handful of good menu options. I go there frequently and have had good servers, but 2 out of 3 times or so the service is incredibly slow and/or the waitresses…

March 8, 2010

Ok food horrible service

Lulus is definitely a good cheap eat but please they need to get some new hostesses and waitresses their service was horrible and I have gone in more than once and have been rudely dismissed by certain servers and have also been obviously…

Lu Lu's Noodles is located near the cities of Pgh, Downtown, Mount Washington, Strip District, and Mt Washington.
People found this by searching for: Lu Lu Noodles, Lulu's Oakland Pa, Lu Lus Noodles Oakland Pa, Lu Lu Noodles Menu, Lulu's Noodles Pittsburgh Menu, Lulu Noodles Pittsburgh, Lulu's Pittsburgh, Lulu's Noodles, and Lulu's Noodles Pittsburgh.

Sonoma Grille
American in Central Business District
Atria's

Listed On

My Restaurant Rotation by seraiseras

Note: This is an amazing Chinese / Asian restaurant with great food and great prices.

Dishes: Hong Kong Chow Fun w/ chicken and black beans

Yumwok
Asian in North Oakland

Link to Lu Lu's Noodles

Lu Lu's Noodles  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%  Food:  100%  Service:  100%  Ambiance:  83%
Pros
  •  "Bubble drinks"
  •  "Good food, quick service "
  •  "Yummy"
Cons
  •  "Noisy"