Lum's "Home of the Famous Roast Beef Sandwich"

717 Fall River Ave
Seekonk, MA 02771

Cuisine: Roast beef sandwiches

Lum's "Home of the Famous Roast Beef Sandwich" is a Roast beef sandwiches restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Absolutely horrible food. My kids got sick from eating the burgers from the kids meal. They were up all night and had to miss school the next morning. I ordered the Ollie Burger which was so over seasoned that i couldn't eat it. I ran to the bathroom "
Cons
"Everything!!!!! "
Giants22 photo

Giants22

Hampden, MA

I THOUGHT LUM'S WAS ON THE MONEY

I grew up in Barrington and was in town over the weekend. I heard they opened a new Lum’s and couldn’t wait to try it out. I brought my wife and two kids who thought I was crazy because of how excited I was. We enjoyed a bunch of different things off the menu. I, of course, got a roast beef sandwich which was just as good as I remember. My kids both got Ollie Burgers (I didn’t think they would like them due to the spices) and they both loved them. My wife got clam cakes and clam chowder and my wife is very picky about her Chowder! It was VERY good! it was not watery, and it had lots of claims. I am very picky about my clam cakes, I can’t get them where I’m from. When I’m in RI I always go to a place in Bristol (not going to mention the place because this is not about them) and Lum’s has a clam cake to match! (Great JOB!) I know seafood wasn’t a Lum’s thing in the old days but it is a great addition to a missed favorite. Good job Lum’s I can’t wait to get down there again!!!!

Roast Beef Sandwich and clam cakes

RB was Just like I remembered, CC were I great addition!

Claim Chowder

Very creamy and lots of claims.

Ollie Burger

Kid’s loved them, I had a bite was very good.

French fries/onion rings

nicely salted, well cooked, very good.

freakkinkaren photo

freakkinkaren

Providence, RI

LUMS is delicious

Lums is recentley under new ownership and everything i’ve had there is DELICIOUS!
I eat there every week and I have to honestly say every dish is done PERFECT!
definiTe 5 stars!

kellieavj photo

kellieavj

East Providence, RI
Lum's "Home of the Famous Roast Beef Sandwich" 5.0

The bomb roastbeef sandwich i ever had

From the time you walk into Lums the staff JoAnn an Chrystal an the others that are there are very attentive to ur needs an they give you time to pick an choose what you want.Now the raostbeef sandwich was the best i had ever had ( sorry Millers, Arby’s just sux an Walt’s)an the beersteamed hotdog was the best i ever tasted ( i don’t even like beer!!!) an the fries an onionrings are great too !!! My husband tried the fish an chips an said that its the best he ever had an was better than hortons !!! WOW. keep it up !! An i will always be there for my once a week fix !!! thank you for a piece of heaven!!! AND its everything my husband said from his childhood !!! xoxoxo kellie (a.k.a frostie )

Roast Beef Sandwich

the meat is cooked to your liking an not just put on a bun an handed to you like other places( i like mine med rare) an that ajus sauce is the bomb !!!! I loved an enjoyed ever single bit of it from start to finish !!!!!

mcshane556 photo

mcshane556

Cranston, RI
Lum's "Home of the Famous Roast Beef Sandwich" 1.0

Dont wasre your time and money!

Stopped at Lums because they we always good. The ony thing in common with the old resturants is the name. The food is absolute garbage which took forever to get and it comes from a microwave. The fries were cold in the middle and soda was flat. Threw the so called food away along with about twenty dollars.

styles27 photo

styles27

Lum's "Home of the Famous Roast Beef Sandwich" 1.0

NOT the Lum's I remember....

With much anticipation we ate at the “Lum’s” in Seekonk, MA the first week they opened.

The atmosphere is not “Lum’s” and the food definitely wasn’t.

Greasy, salty roast beef sandwich, flat rootbeer NOT served in the nice frosty mug that we all craved when we were kids at the “original” Lum’s in Seekonk. sigh….Geez couldn’t they at LEAST get the frosted mug of rootbeer right? If I want to drink out of a paper cup I’ll go to Mc’Ds or BK.

I hope the owners are reading all of the negative reviews on the web about their restaurant so that they’ll have a chance to rectify the problems.

We won’t be giving them a second chance.

Rootbeer

Flat, not properly mixed and served in a paper cup. When we mentioned to the waitress that they may want to check the tank because it tasted like soda water, she came back a little while longer and told us that the manager said “it tastes fine, it’s just how our rootbeer is.”

OKAY! Not the right answer. Strike 1

Roast Beef Sandwich

So salty my lips were puckering and the grease was literally dripping down my fingers…yes it was grease NOT juice.

Strike 2

French fries/onion rings

UGH Fries were also over salted and onion rings tasted like fried batter with just a hint of onion flavoring.

Strike 3

dollene3468 photo

dollene3468

Woonsocket, RI
Lum's "Home of the Famous Roast Beef Sandwich" 2.0

OMG! Lum's!

I was excited to see the “LUM’S” sign when on Fall River Avenue, so I stopped in to get one of the famous Roast Beef Sandwiches I remember from my childhood.

The inside of the facility was quaint and EVERY EMPLOYEE was extremely nice and friendly!

However, the service was slow, ordered 2 roast beef sandwiches and 1/2 dozen clam cakes. The clam cake batter was not made, so they had to make it.

I will NEVER go there again.

Roast Beef Sandwich and clam cakes

I took my order “to go”. When I was able to eat the meal and cakes, I was extremely grossed out.

The famous sandwiches were nothing like I remember – soggy and full of pepper and the clam cakes, which each of the waitresses mentioned “were worth the wait”, I gagged. I threw them away they had a sour taste to them, but on the plus side, the were loaded with clams. Too bad the batter was disgusting!.

Roast beef sandwiches Ollieburger Root Beer Float
Sun-Sat 11:00AM - 09:00PM (New Hours)
Asowy-gwwr4z9meje4bmuj
lumsr

0 useful

Asowy-gwwr4z9meje4bmuj
lumsr

0 useful

Lum's "Home of the Famous Roast Beef Sandwich"  Restaurant Reviews

• 12/21/2013 - A diner from Pawtucket, RI tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Absolutely horrible food. My kids got sick from eating the burgers from the kids meal. They were up all night and had to miss school the next morning. I ordered the Ollie Burger which was so over seasoned that i couldn't eat it. I ran to the bathroom '
    Cons: 'Everything!!!!! '
  • 01/31/2014 - A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/13/2014 - A diner tried it and liked it.
  • 02/10/2015 - A diner tried it and liked it.
  • 04/22/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.
  • 04/26/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
Lum's "Home of the Famous Roast Beef Sandwich" is located near the cities of Norton Center, East Providence, Rumford, and Riverside.
People found this by searching for: Lums Roast Beef Seekonk Ma, Famous Beef Roast Restaurant In Dallas, Recipe Lum's Lumberjack Sandwich, Lums Restaurant Seekonk Ma, Lum's Seekonk, Best Roast Beef In Fall River Ma. Area, Lums Seekonk, Lum's Roast Beef, and Lums Roast Beef.