360-455-8899

5580 Martin Way E ( )

Lacey, WA 98516-6326

Description: Main Chinese Buffet is a Chinese, Buffet, and Asian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: Chinese, Buffet, Asian, Seafood, Good For Kids, and Good for groups
  • 1 dish entered by diners at Main Chinese Buffet
  • 1 user wants to eat at Main Chinese Buffet

Reviews for Main Chinese Buffet

Main Chinese Buffet

WORST Chinese Food We've EVER Had!!!

We just had lunch there 3hrs ago & have so far spent more time in the bathrooms at home than we did eating there!!!

BY FAR THE WORST ASIAN FOOD WE’VE EVER HAD!!! It’s a buffet, you don’t expect high quality food. But at $30 + tip for the 2 of us we expected an edible lunch!
The food was virtually inedible, extremely oily, dried out, cold or tasted old. The snow crab, dungeness crab and shrimp all had an old freezer burnt flavor. Much of it was so dried out it was nearly freeze dried & stuck to the shells. Lo-Mein noodles were so cold the oil had solidified like Crisco on it. Tried 3 pieces of Chicken Broccoli and ALL 3 were Chicken skin/fat, no meat in the greasy bites!
Waitstaff stood by fish tank loudly discussing how bad tips are there. They shouldn’t be held accountable for the food…. but a better attitude & not hearing their complaints on top of the lousy food would have improved the tip we left.
The one flavor we both liked was a spicy sweet & sour dipping sauce that was on the condiment bar. Neither of us tried any of the fresh fruit or salad…. we were there for the other food & were sadly disappointed.
THIS WAS OUR 1ST & OBVIOUSLY LAST EXPERIENCE HERE!

Do Not Eat Here On Mondays, Please

Granted this is the best buffet in the Olympia area. The food is very good and service has always been (for me at least) very good. My favorite dishes are the coconut shrimp (should be on the desert table), General Tao’s chicken and baked crab but everything I have eaten there has been good.

The servers have always been very courteous. The manager always greets us on the way in and out and is very pleasant.

This is also about the most inexpensive lunch buffet in the area.

But I eat here once a week and parking is getting to be a problem and I would appreciate it if everyone would stay away on Mondays.

Pricing Issues

We have been going to Main Chinese Buffet for the past 2 years now and it has always been satisfying however, to our surprise….
we went there today and was very disappointed. We were shocked
to learn that today’s buffet was $12.99 and not the normal $6.59 or $6.99? What made it worse was, this price increase of $12.99 was for lunch, NOT dinner!! Pondering further, we concluded that the high increase in price was probably due to it being MLK Day. Suggestion to MCB: In all fairness to their patrons, they should advertise any price increases for holidays via their website! We overheard other patrons there commenting on how Main Chinese Buffet have a tendency to “pull a wool over your eye” which we feel is damaging for their reputation. Also, for $12.99 we figured we would be getting a really good additional new/surprise dish but was badly mistaken. To put it bluntly, Main Chinese Buffet sucked today! We did notice though that MCB was significantly SLOW today, not the normal crowd. We probably will not be going there anymore as there are a LOT of other Chinese Buffets way worth our while and the price.

Add/Show Comments (1)

My favorite buffet.

Alright, I made a profile just so I could shut some of you other reviewers up. So how is the food? It is buffet food. This being said it is at the top end of buffet food. The spring rolls are always perfectly cooked and after that wonderful crunch they just melt in your mouth. The sushi is usually a good mix of traditional and California style. It is however buffet sushi and unless you love all sushi with an in inexplicable passion like I do, you may just want to shell out the extra clams and get the real thing. Other highlights: raw oysters, chicken skewers, Mongolian beef, and the crab puffs. As far as the crab goes, its about the same as most casino buffets but not as consistent. I will say this: Stay away from the lobster! It tastes like overgrown crawfish in some terrible starchy garlic sauce.

I would rate the servers a “B-”. I usually get pretty well attended to with napkins and refills. When I don’t I let myself be heard and get what I need. I have been at much better, more expensive restaurants with much worse service.

Lets face the facts, THIS IS A BUFFET!!! When you go for lunch, and then stay for dinner, and then eat crab they don’t like that. They are a business with a bottom line. I dare you to find a good buffet that doesn’t enforce the lunch to dinner thing.

Also I have been eating there for 8 years and have never felt rushed by servers. If I have felt rushed it was because every seat in the house was full and the entrance was blocked with people waiting for their turn at the best buffet in Thurston county.

Worst Chinese Buffet

This place scams customers by charging them two meals per person. This happens if you go there when the lunch changes over to dinner. You will end up paying a double price for you meal. They also hang over you and make you feel uncomfortable because they don;t want you to eat too much. Very poor customer service, the management is terrible. The crab is often left over, the food is cold, restrooms not clean. I would never recommend this to anyone.

-1 0

craby service and No crab

We have been going here for years, suffering through terrible service but pretty good food. We went today during lunch and at the end, they put crab legs out, so my daughter and I got some, and were promptly STALKED back to the table by the snearing waitress, who informed us that the crab was for dinner only. so we offered to pay the $8.99 dinner price (posted on the front door) and she told us it would be $14.99 for crab. WTF. So we gave the plates back to her and what she did with them- we dont know!!
This place has mean people that work there, and as stated by a few others, all they care about is the allmighty buck.
I’m pretty sure they talk nasty about people in Chinese to each other too. I have had enough of this place and will go to the other Buffets in town!!

Buffet/Lunch

-1 0

Never again

I am NOT going to this place again. The servers are very unprofessional and NOT very nice. I went there with my family (big family, big table) and they RUSHED us out the door, by standing there, STARING at us eat after giving us our check, AND we had been sitting there with our glasses empty for the past 10 minutes. They already got their money, so they’re happy. I wouldn’t recommend this place for a buffet. Needless to say, they didn’t get a tip.

October 30, 2010

Gross.

I went to this buffet once and got food poisoning, along with all of my friends whom I went with. No Bueno.

People found this by searching for: Main Chinese Buffet Lacey Wa, Main Chinese Buffet Lacey, Main Chinese Buffet In Lacey, Main Chinese Buffet, Main Buffet Lacey, Chinese Buffet Lacey, Main Buffet Lacey Wa, and Main Chinese Buffet Prices.

Ristretto