928-526-5033

3518 E State Route 66 ( )

Flagstaff, AZ 86004

Description: Mandarin Gardens is a Chinese, Asian, and Vegetarian restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Chinese, Asian, Vegetarian, Good For Kids, Takeout, and Good for groups
  • 3 dishes entered by diners at Mandarin Gardens

Overall: 90%    Food: 100%    Service: 80%    Ambiance: 80%
Pros

• "Fast, friendly service...food is delicious"
  • "Some dishes are good. Nice size portions."
Cons
  • "Service was terrible! People were rude and stingy. Only good person is the Hispanic or native guy with the pony tail. Everyone else was awful!"
Comments
  • "We only do take out there now."

Reviews for Mandarin Gardens

Worst service ever!

Don’t waste your time and money. The waiters are rude as hell and don’t really understand English. They treat you like shit when you make an order and expect you to tip them for their horrible service. They don’t give any refills unless you beg and the only nice man in that restaurant is the American man. Better off eating at china star on the other side of town.

orange chicken with rice noodles and drink

Chicken was dry at the edges and the rice noodles looked really dry like it sat there for several days.

3.0

Deserves a second chance...

I’ve never eaten at Mandarin but I always have noticed it. Great location, nice interior and atmosphere. Walked in and the guy at the register ignored us, a woman across the restaurant told us to sit wherever (there was only one other couple there). We sat and were promptly assisted by said woman. While taking our order the phone started ringing, she was wearing it on her hip, she asked the bored looking man behind the counter to answer it, he ignored her. Now she’s standing at our table with the phone blaring in our ears and trying to figure out what we ordered. She walks away in the middle of our order and answers the phone and takes it to the guy who didn’t answer it. She comes back and finished our order. We got our appetizer promptly and hot. Then our order came out, brought by who appeared to be the cook. Later the same cook delivered our sauce and refilled our drinks, he was very friendly and nice, as the woman stood around doing nothing. The setting can almost ruin a meal. I don’t know if it was just an off day for the entire staff or if that’s how it goes there. My meal was bland but there’s a fairly large menu to go through. I think I’ll give it a second chance in the future, maybe get a staff that knows what is going on.

Crispy Chicken

On the menu the Crispy Chicken had a symbol next to it that expressed it would be spicy (just how I like it, you’d know from my other reviews hahaha). When the plate came out I got a hearty serving of battered chicken and a bowl of rice. Then the cook asked if I wanted any sauce for it, I tried the chicken and it was flavorless. He asked if I wanted spicy or sweet and I said spicy, which I thought was the whole point of the dish. I got a large bowl of sweet and sour sauce with a little bit of chili sauce on top. It wasn’t very flavorful and kind of bland. There was a lot of chicken though which was why it got two stars.

Fried wontons

We ordered this as our appetizer, they were nice and plump. Had a good consistent flavor and texture. The order came with 8, perfect for two people to share.

December 8, 2008

Authentic goodness

The food here is really delicious. \r The atmosphere is always filled with warmth and happiness. My family and friends have been going here for many years. The prices are the best in town and so is the flavor. The tea always makes me feel…

People found this by searching for: Chinese Mandarin Gardens Flagstaff, Mandarin Gardens Flagstaff Menu, Mandarin Garden Restaurant Flagstaff Az, Mandarin Garden Flagstaff Menu, Mandarin Gardens Flagstaff Az, Mandarin Garden Flagstaff, Mandarin Gardens Flagstaff, and Mandarin Garden Flagstaff Az.

Featured in Flagstaff